The Escapist Presents: MovieBob Reviews Wolverine Trailer

The Brian J

Apr 18, 2009
"How can you not love The Blob? He has the power to be a fat guy" is my favorite quote in that video. Tee Hee, The Blob

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Doug said:
sneak_copter said:
Doug said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Random argument man said:
Abedeus said:
but I don't think there was a series where in every episode there was ONE and the SAME enemy.
The Megaman X series had Sigma all the time....
Don't forget, "I have to stop metal gear"
"Its that time again, Missster Freeman"
Ah, we don't know he's particularly a bad guy.
True, but I'd pay to see G-man vs ;) I doubt they'll make a Half life movie ever, or rather, not a good one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
YAY GAMBIT <3 <3 <3

Mitko8322 said:
They screwed up deadpool but they didn't.

WARNING SPOILER!
Deadpool ends up being Weapon XI. They give him a bunch of powers: increased healing factor, teleportation, Cyclops' eye beam, and they put his katanas in his hands so he kind of has a claw that comes out. That is disapointing. But if you ignore the fact that it is deadpool and pretend its just a random villian its entertaining.( oh and they sew his mouth shut)
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
runtheplacered said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Abedeus said:
I agree with everything, actually. I just wish they would FINALLY give a real villain. Okay, I get it, Magneto is cool, BUT COME ON!
Ian McKellen was the best thing about the whole XMen film series.
No shit. They tried to include another villain, Juggernaut, and look at how badly they screwed that up. They should have just stuck with Ian Mckellen and his little crew the whole time. It was when they started branching out to other characters that things got worse and worse.
Well, I guess you are right.

Maybe the directors just suck and can't make other characters good. Or maybe they should've just picked up OTHER character than Juggernaut.

"WAAAGH I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, I'M THE AVATAR OF CYTORAK (but not really, in the movie), I'M KINDA UNSTOPPABLE (except a boy and a girl beat me up) AND I HAVE DEEP PROBLEMS WITH MY BROTHER (not in the movie) XAVIER (never mentioned) AND I WORK ALONE (...guess what? not in the movie). NOW I'MA GONNA SMASH STUFF!!"

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Fire Daemon said:
Doug said:
sneak_copter said:
Doug said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Random argument man said:
Abedeus said:
but I don't think there was a series where in every episode there was ONE and the SAME enemy.
The Megaman X series had Sigma all the time....
Don't forget, "I have to stop metal gear"
"Its that time again, Missster Freeman"
Ah, we don't know he's particularly a bad guy.
True, but I'd pay to see G-man vs ;) I doubt they'll make a Half life movie ever, or rather, not a good one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Ah, that or the 'Whats in the Box' video - but either way, Dr. Freeman and the G-Man won't be crossing onto the silver screen soon, I don't think.

DireFrog

Jan 31, 2009
Yay! Deadpool! My favorite charater! And I would like to see if they let him break the fourth wall. But that would be one of those make or break things. But still I cant wait to see Deadpool in movie form.

BlackIronGuardian

Dec 26, 2008
It's going to be a terrible film, I'll tell you that now.

Not going to stop us all from seeing and loving anyway, but there's the call.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Broken Wings said:
MovieBob said:
MovieBob Reviews Wolverine

Let's watch the Wolverine trailer with everyone's favorite movie critic, MovieBob.

Watch Video
Dude just in case you were wondering. Wolverine always had claws even as a kid. They were just made of bone, that's how they shaped his metal claws.
Not to insult you, but I think he knows. He's a huge nerd, like many of us. He actually mentioned that it just doesn't fit in with the movie continuity, because the 1st one shows that the claws are mechanical in nature, and not natural (like in the comics), and, presumably, the Wolverine movie will follow the X-men movie canon, and not the actual comic canon.

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
Mstrswrd said:
Broken Wings said:
MovieBob said:
MovieBob Reviews Wolverine

Let's watch the Wolverine trailer with everyone's favorite movie critic, MovieBob.

Watch Video
Dude just in case you were wondering. Wolverine always had claws even as a kid. They were just made of bone, that's how they shaped his metal claws.
Not to insult you, but I think he knows. He's a huge nerd, like many of us. He actually mentioned that it just doesn't fit in with the movie continuity, because the 1st one shows that the claws are mechanical in nature, and not natural (like in the comics), and, presumably, the Wolverine movie will follow the X-men movie canon, and not the actual comic canon.
Of course... they could have just replaced those bone claws with metal ones.. *shifty eyes*

Aramax

Sep 27, 2007
The worst thing about this video is that I kinda see his point. I want the movie to be good but the whole trailer just scream "SUKITFOOLS!" with such ferociousness... like they don't really care that nothing looks even remotely close to the original comic book.

Of course we want to see something new and original but dont go cheap on us and remove everything that made X-men special to begin with.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Broken Wings said:
When does it show that part with the claws?
After Wolverine is brought in by the X-Men, and give him X-Rays, and at one point, they all stand around discusssing his power and his skeleton. In this Moviebob vid, it's in 2:55 to 3:05.

RougeWaveform said:
Of course... they could have just replaced those bone claws with metal ones.. *shifty eyes*
Technically, that probably would not be outside their (the Governments) power, to remove and then replace the bone claws with metal.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
hurm.
My two favorite X-Men Chars.
Deadpool
Wolverine.
Following with Gambit, there I said it, but how awesome would it be to explode playing cards?
I however, did not think of him as a sex idol O_O

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I already saw the movie and there isn't gonna be that rack in that outfit...

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Broken Wings:
"When does it show that part with the claws?"

In the first and second film we see X-Rays of Wolverine's arms prominently displayed as props during various examinations. Those X-Rays show the three claw "blades" set into the center of his forearm on a spring-loaded hinge mechanism.

SoonerMatt

Apr 18, 2009
BobisOnlyBob said:
YAY GAMBIT <3 <3 <3

Mitko8322 said:
They screwed up deadpool but they didn't.

WARNING SPOILER!
Deadpool ends up being Weapon XI. They give him a bunch of powers: increased healing factor, teleportation, Cyclops' eye beam, and they put his katanas in his hands so he kind of has a claw that comes out. That is disapointing. But if you ignore the fact that it is deadpool and pretend its just a random villian its entertaining.( oh and they sew his mouth shut)
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

That's not cool. I was hoping he'd break the 4th wall and be the wise-cracking antihero I've known him to be. Not sure if I want to see it now.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
wolf_isthebest said:
We already know how Sabretooth ends up looking from X-men 1.
yep, he ditches his barber and turns tricks on the street to make ends meat/meet.

Saying that I quite liked the "homeless" look of the original villians.