The Escapist Presents: MovieBob Reviews Wolverine Trailer

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
been Watching The Trailers for this, and... i really dont know how good this Actually will be, since they seem to throw a bunch of people in Together that may not actualy make a Coherent story

non_entity

Jan 26, 2008
Seriously, after seeing how they fucked up Deadpool (exceeding even my worst expectations by ... a whole lot) they can stuff that movie where the sun don't shine.

http://www.geektyrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/deadpool-2.png

http://www.geektyrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/deadpool-3.png

http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/movie_deadpool.jpg

And no, that is not a fucking joke. The Merc with a mouth without a fucking mouth! But with Wolverine like swords in his arms, shooting lasers from the eyes and teleporting. WHAT THE FUCK?!

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Why did he have to be underwater? It wouldn't accelerate the cooling any more than his normal body temperature, and considering the way it spiked, it wasn't doing shit to help keep that under control.
Shortest likely answer: Because it'll look more cool when he jumps out. Likeliest fake-science-y answer: It's supposed to be working like a sensory-dep tank.

SoonerMatt

Apr 18, 2009
non_entity said:
Seriously, after seeing how they fucked up Deadpool (exceeding even my worst expectations by ... a whole lot) they can stuff that movie where the sun don't shine.

http://www.geektyrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/deadpool-2.png

http://www.geektyrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/deadpool-3.png

http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/movie_deadpool.jpg

And no, that is not a fucking joke. The Merc with a mouth without a fucking mouth! But with Wolverine like swords in his arms, shooting lasers from the eyes and teleporting. WHAT THE FUCK?!
That's.... just wrong. I retract my previous statement - the maule one of my favorite characters in the Marvel universe, I'm not paying theater-price to see this movie. I'm sure the Wolverine parts of it are fine and a nice bit of eye-candy, but this movie has just dropped into the "rental" category for me.

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
I wasn't enjoying the review to begin with, but I think his style grew on me towards the end.
Also, I LOVE YOU GAMBIT!

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Random argument man said:
Abedeus said:
but I don't think there was a series where in every episode there was ONE and the SAME enemy.
The Megaman X series had Sigma all the time....
Don't forget, "I have to stop metal gear"

Metal... Gear...?

the antithesis said:
Eh, I'm not so interested.

Blah blah blah.

Frankly, I'm just tired of comic book movies sucking, for a number of reasons that is really too much to go into here. But even the victories in this area have been hollow ones. i.e. the first X-Men movie wasn't really that good, it was just amazing it didn't suck.

That sentence pretty much sums up all super hero movies with the possible exception of Robocop. Interesting how that one was not an adaptation. In all the rest something is missing. Something I can't quite define but it is something major.

Anyway, I've been shooting off my mouth like a good little forum poster long enough. Suffice to say that I am holding no hope for this movie. Even if they do put that rack into that outfit.

Alright, impress us. Go make a movie that doesn't suck.

Nerdfury

Feb 2, 2008
the antithesis said:
Nerdfury said:
Alright, impress us. Go make a movie that doesn't suck.
No. You do not deserve things that are good.

Then stop whining about movies sucking. While I can happily agree that most comic and video game to movie conversions haven't precisely kept the canon, I've found many of them immensely enjoyable based on their own merits. Whining won't make them better. Making them better will make them better and if the current directors won't do it, and you won't do it, then I guess we're all fucked.

ryuutchi

Apr 15, 2009
Hold up, y'all. How come when chicks and gay guys want some fanservice it's "whiny" and we should shut up, but it's totally okay for you guys to talk about wanting Emma Frost in the White Queen outfit? I don't begrudge you the desire (me, I'll take the comic book version of Storm, to be honest), but be a little fair here. :)

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Indigo_Dingo said:
MovieBob said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Why did he have to be underwater? It wouldn't accelerate the cooling any more than his normal body temperature, and considering the way it spiked, it wasn't doing shit to help keep that under control.
Shortest likely answer: Because it'll look more cool when he jumps out. Likeliest fake-science-y answer: It's supposed to be working like a sensory-dep tank.
Doesn't look cool in the slightest. Seems more like an excuse to show off Jackmans ass for 5 minutes. And it isn't sensory deprivation, as he's still able to hear everyone before it happens
My puesdo-science guess is that the writer was inspired by the process of electroless, similar to how they nickle plate other materials. The comics describe the process as them molecularly bonding adamantium to this skeleton.

Opinions aside, I think it is a more visually interesting to have him pop out of the water as apposed to say sitting up on a table. Maybe there is a little truth in your idea as well, I guess Gambit wasn't enough to draw the female fans.

hayaki

Sep 4, 2008
ryuutchi said:
Hold up, y'all. How come when chicks and gay guys want some fanservice it's "whiny" and we should shut up, but it's totally okay for you guys to talk about wanting Emma Frost in the White Queen outfit? I don't begrudge you the desire (me, I'll take the comic book version of Storm, to be honest), but be a little fair here. :)
I agree (with everything but the bit on Storm). I'm getting a bit tired of geekboys who's head bob up and down with every perfectly-rendered flex of Laura Croft's giant boobs turning around and making snarky comments about fangirls (or gayfanboys) who demand the man-meat.

C'mon. We all deserve a treat. Stop being so judgemental, ok?

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Dear filmmakers: DO. NOT. LISTEN. TO. FANS.

I don't usually quote Yahtzee, but this is spot on:
Yahtzee said:
Fans are clingy, complaining dipshits who will never, ever be happy for any concession you make.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Nerdfury said:
Then stop whining about movies sucking.
No.

For one, your counter of "if you don't like the movies then go make a better one" is fallacious. I am not a filmmaker. Telling me to go make a good movie is rude.

If someone goes to a restaurant and says the food was not very good, do you order them to go cook a better meal? Would cooking a better meal add any more weight to their opinion that the meal they got at the restaurant was not good?

No, it wouldn't. This "go do better' argument is not a good counter argument. People should stop saying it because it makes them look like hostile jerks with no sense. The main point of this tactic is to try to shift things and throw the other side off balance. It doesn't work because it really does not argue anything. It's just an underhanded technique.

The other reason I will not stop complaining about the low quality of super hero movies is because these movies are popular despite their low quality and they make money. This is because the fans will eat shit with a spoon and call it ice cream. So the movies will not get better until the fans stop making bad movies successful and saying dumb things like they should have won an Academy Award.

Nerdfury

Feb 2, 2008
the antithesis said:
Nerdfury said:
Then stop whining about movies sucking.
No.

For one, your counter of "if you don't like the movies then go make a better one" is fallacious. I am not a filmmaker. Telling me to go make a good movie is rude.

If someone goes to a restaurant and says the food was not very good, do you order them to go cook a better meal? Would cooking a better meal add any more weight to their opinion that the meal they got at the restaurant was not good?

No, it wouldn't. This "go do better' argument is not a good counter argument. People should stop saying it because it makes them look like hostile jerks with no sense. The main point of this tactic is to try to shift things and throw the other side off balance. It doesn't work because it really does not argue anything. It's just an underhanded technique.

The other reason I will not stop complaining about the low quality of super hero movies is because these movies are popular despite their low quality and they make money. This is because the fans will eat shit with a spoon and call it ice cream. So the movies will not get better until the fans stop making bad movies successful and saying dumb things like they should have won an Academy Award.
You accuse me of the purpose of my reply being an argument of 'if you don't like, go make a better movie' and accuse me of a poor education. Given that you know nothing about me, I'll let the latter assumption slip with the knowledge that I am excellently educated and simply address your other fallacious assumptions.

If you read my post a little more carefully, I was actually pointing out that whining about poor movies constantly doesn't make them better. People have been complaining to bad directors for years - decades even - and it hasn't improved them a bit.

No, my post was more directed towards the theory that while whining about bad movies changes nothing; the only thing that will positively change the movie industry is to become something good in it. An internet troll is hardly a positive beacon of light for the industry, but becoming a film-maker and making good movies is.

Sitting in forums telling people that every comic book to movie conversion sucks is going to have no positive effect.