Agoraphobe Brings the Ruckus to Bill Gates

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Agoraphobe Brings the Ruckus to Bill Gates

The litigation-happy Erik Estavillo has decided it's time to take down Microsoft's big man in charge: Bill Gates.

Bill Gates may have met his match in Erik Estavillo, a modern-day cowboy of sorts that is holding major corporations responsible for screwing up his ability to play videogames. A simple search for Erik Estavillo will reveal the history he has with other companies [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95721-Agoraphobic-PS3-Owner-Appeals-Sony-Lawsuit-Loss]. Estavillo has now subpoenaed Bill Gates to appear in his recent lawsuit against Microsoft, where Estavillo seeks $75,000 in compensation for his Xbox 360's red ring of death and the sadness it created in his life.

Estavillo has demanded that Gates bring "documents pertaining to the true and relative number of actual Xbox 360 units that have been fixed by Microsoft over the past 3 years," and he also wants to know how many people have been banned from Xbox Live for piracy in the past year. As much as I think Estavillo is a little bit... over-zealous, I wouldn't mind finding out the truth about the Xbox 360's failure rate either.

Of all Estavillio's lawsuits, this may be the only one that has an inkling of merit, so he of course had to go and mess it up by subpoenaing one of the richest men in the world. Bringing a multi-billionaire into a somewhat frivolous set of lawsuits is a sure way to get your case thrown into the trash, compacted into the size of a pebble, and launched into the sun. That is, if Microsoft didn't have plans to do that already. If I was Estavillo, I would have called in Xbox 360 tech #74, not Bill Gates, who isn't even working full-time at Microsoft anymore.

GamesPolitics [http://www.gamepolitics.com/] contacted Estavillo and found out that he doesn't have any more lawsuits planned for the near future. However, as he's already sued Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and Blizzard, I would wager that his next target will be EA, or maybe even the United States government.

Source: GamesPolitics [http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/11/30/microsoft%E2%80%99s-gates-subpoenaed-rrod-suit]

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
I'm going he's going to sue China next, for making inferior plastic

or something silly

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
You know, for an agoraphobic, he certainly seems to like the spotlight.
You think he'd be too terrified to sue people, since that would mean leaving his house.
Weird.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Those inferior plastic "Made in China" soldiers degrade my quality of life!, To the court of law!...

I wouldnt mind seeing the failure rates also

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
I don't care how 'agoraphobic' this kid is, he should stop now.

He's done so many lawsuits that he can afford to get the President's XBox technician to fix it!
Uh, I'm not sure how many he's won.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
That guy is such an idiot, and reading about his stupidity makes me think of him as more of a moron...
He claims to be afraid of, what, meeting others/large crowds/going outside or whatever, yet he has no problem getting around to organise all this crap ><

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Hopefully Gates can order some kind of hit team to get rid of this guy.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
I'm pretty sure if he keeps this up they're gonna slap him with a frivolous case charge.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I am whole heartedly sick of hearign about this guy. Yet, I keep reading about him giving more hits to pages that're reporting him which means he'll keep on getting reported and he'll keep going. I'm really only adding to the problem but I choose not to accept any blame. He chooses his own (inane) actions.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
so its a tetralogoy now? any way he is an idiot for suing a huga ass comapny like Microsoft he will never win!

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
GamesPolitics [http://www.gamepolitics.com/] contacted Estavillo and found out that he doesn't have any more lawsuits planned for the near future. However, as he's already sued Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and Blizzard, I would wager that his next target will be EA, or maybe even the United States government.
He's only saying that because there's no one left to sue.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Bill Gates and his hundreds of high paid attorneys are laughing heartily.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
for his Xbox 360's red ring of death and the sadness it created in his life.
Might just be my reading a tone into that, but I love how you phrased it.

SirBryghtside said:
Jim Grim said:
SirBryghtside said:
I don't care how 'agoraphobic' this kid is, he should stop now.

He's done so many lawsuits that he can afford to get the President's XBox technician to fix it!
Uh, I'm not sure how many he's won.
Yeah, I was thinking about this...

How many is it? I'm pretty sure he won the first couple, that makes about $150,000 at his rates, so yep, President's techie it is.
He's not won any. At all. The one against Sony was thrown out of court, he's appealing it. The others haven't been looked at yet.

and he also wants to know how many people have been banned from Xbox Live for piracy in the past year
The hell does that have to do with anything? :s

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Who's up for a class action suit against this kid for making us all depressed about humanity? I am.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Wow, it's just like that "weird Al" Song, "I'll Sue Ya!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09I4Mi5IUl4