2012 Games That You WILL Buy

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Zhukov said:
octafish said:
I'm not a fan of Borderlands or Bioshock, especially Bioshock: Infinite where you will be playing the worst kind of souless murdering villain, a fucking Pinkerton.
I seem to remember you saying something to that effect elsewhere.

You'd seriously skip a game just because the protagonist is a rent-a-cop/strike breaker?
As the son of a teacher and a fitter and turner in the automotive industry, both of whom were shop stewards, yes. It is made easier that the two previous games in the series failed to deliver me any enjoyment though.

Mister Six

Aug 16, 2010
Going off the list on Wikipedia,

Buy:
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - What can I say, I've owned all the previous ones.
Crusader Kings 2 - Paradox Int. owns my soul.
Mass Effect 3 - Can't let series go unfinished, goes against my nature. Plus I want to see how they handle it.

Rent:
The rest of the releases.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Mass Effect 3 is the only definite for now, but I'm probably gonna check out Prototype 2. Bioshock Infinite and the Silent Hill HD collection are also in my list of games to check out, and I'll give Skyrim a go over the summer, when I actually have more time to play it.

EDIT: Let's not forget the new Hitman, but I'm a little uneasy with how they're handling it. Only time will tell.........

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
Games that I WILL be buying. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Mass Effect 3, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. I'm interested in quite a few more but those are the MUST buys.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
100% going to be getting:
Guild Wars 2
Journey
The Last Guardian (if it comes out this year)
Botanicula

Waiting on reviews:
Silent Hill HD Collection

Mass Effect 3 will be purchased in this house, but I'm not interested enough in the series to buy it myself (or even to play it myself; I just watch and kibitz).

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
Diablo 3. This is the year damnit!

World of warcrat expansion naturally. You can add the Starcraft 2 one to that aswell.

Bioshock infinite, probably.

I would say ME3, but I'm not confident that it will arrive on steam in 2012, so not that one.

I'm sure I'm forgetting one.... oh yea! The Devil May Cry HD re-releases. Because I'm a fanboy. On that topic I may get the DMC reboot. It all depends on if the combat turns out to actually be a slow paced drag, of if it manages to be as enjoyable as the ones in the source Devil May Crys.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hmm. Fallout New Vegas GOTY...uh...Prototype 2 maybe? And maybe Heart of the Swarm? Not all that excited for another third of starcraft, honestly. 2012 isn't starting all that strong. I wish Mass Effect 1 would be on PS3, so that I could be excited for ME3, but seeing as that's not happening...Yeah. Not a lot to look forward to.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Vrach said:
MercurySteam said:
[sub]Even if you don't feel like posting in the thread then at least watch the video[/sub]
Actually, I'd be glad to respond, but the shameless self promotion is what I don't pay attention to, rather if you listed the games as a thread starter :p
I'm not making an actual profit, so The Escapist says it's allowed. Some people like to open with witty dialogue or a funny image. I just thought that a good video with awesome music would be more appreciated than just listing the games like most people do.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Sonicron said:
MercurySteam said:
-awesome video snip-
Oh look, it's my list of games to buy in 2012!

Well, not completely. Never heard of Overstrike, and Borderlands 2 and Mass Effect 3 aren't must-haves for me either, but aside from those I want every single game appearing in your video; already preordered Darkness 2. :)

Didn't you make one of these back in 2010 as well? I remember a video featuring a kickass song from the Toybots soundtrack; I think it was called High Seas of Gasoline, or something like that.
Yep that was also me. I decided that since I hadn't made a video in ages that I would give it another go. I never usually do unless I have great music to back it to make up for my crappy video making skills. I think the Grabbag cover did the video justice.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
I've preordered Diablo 3 and Soul Calibur V already. Bioshock Infinite is a definite yes, as is Dota 2. Thinking about maybe getting Catherine. Will probably get Halo 4 when it comes out for old times sake.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
out of whats announced?

hell yes
Luigi's mansion 2
pokepark 2
animal crossing 3d
rhythm thief

maybe
Lollipop Chainsaw

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
Titles that will be purchased Day 1

Mass Effect 3 on Xbox360 (origin can suck it)
X-Com: Enemy Unknown (About fucking time)
Heart of the swarm
Mists of Panderia
Diablo 3

Titles that will be purchased when funds and time alot

Bioshock: Infinate
Borderlands 2
Silent Hill Downpour
Syndicate
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City
Silent Hill HD Collection
Torchlight II - if it allows multiplayer and is on XBLA. I want to play with my friends who play on console.
Max Payne 3

The below titles will be purchased if confirmed 2012 release

Planetside 2 (Day 1)
The Last of Us (when time and funds allow)
The Last Guardian (Day 1)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (Day 1)
South Park RPG (when time and funds allow)
Halo 4 (when time and funds allow)
Toumb Raider (when time and funds allow)
Doom 4 (when time and funds allow)
Metro: Last Light (when time and funds allow)

Quoting this because I feel the same way. There's no shooter in existence that beats out the experience, teamwork, and pure fun that is Planetside. Nothing compares to having your outfit fly troop transports behind enemy lines. Parachuting onto outpost towers with 10+ of your friends and using strategy to accomplish goals, take bases, continents, and entire planets by force.

willis888 said:
I'm seriously craving Planetside 2. Once I connected with a good Outfit of respectful, disciplined players, Planetside 1 became my favorite game of all time. There is no experience in gaming that compares with two teams of 150 players each fighting over a base for 8 hours, then you and 30 friends on TeamSpeak fly over the base in a transport aircraft, bail out of it over the base as your aircraft starts getting hit by flack and cannon fire from the opposing interceptors and AA, and open a 'chute and land on the roof with the rest of your team. What comes next is le petite mort - your strike team of 30 players cracks open a nut that 150 other players have been unable to penetrate all day, breaking in from the top and clearing a path to the generator that powers the respawn tubes, blowing it up, then defending that generator room until the besieging force can move into the base.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
So far only a few maybes for me;

Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear HD Collection - but I still have mgs2 and 3 on ps2. Though I never got play peace walker
The Last Guardian - will get if actually released this year

I've also promised myself not to buy any new games until I've completed the games in my backlog. Which may take a while...

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
octafish said:
I am however super excited about Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. Super, super excited. Pre-order excited.
Nice avatar :)

Let's just hope the modding community that made 1.13 feel the same way!

Anywho...

For me, the games I WILL be buying...

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
Aliens: Colonial Marines (gonna be a let-down, I know... but I love Aliens...)
Borderlands 2

That's probably it. There are other games that I'm considering buying, but won't be day-one purchases like the ones above.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Mass Effect 3
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Twisted Metal
The Darkness II
Prey 2
Syndicate
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City
Resident Evil Revalations.
Silent Hill HD
Silent Hill Downpour
Kingdom hearts 3D
The Last of Us (If it comes out this year)
Metal Gear Rising (if it comes out)
And The Witcher 2 for Xbox.

illas

RAWR!!!
Apr 4, 2010
Guild Wars 2 (probably), DOTA2 (definitely), and The Last Guardian (100% certainly). Beyond that, I'll have to wait and see, but 2012 is shaping up as a pretty decent year for big/medium name videogames.

Oh, and whatever Supergiant Games (the team behind Bastion) come up with next will probably jump to the top of my wish list.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Mass Effect 3,
Halo 4,
Half Life 3 <--- Man o' Faith.

About the only ones I can think of.

kjh242

Jan 7, 2010
ME3, Guild Wars 2 (I swear, if it isn't even in beta by the end of the year...), Bioshock, uh... I can't think of anything else. Skyrim expansions, maybe? definitely mods when the CE is released.