Crysis 2
Dissisia Duodeciem
Infamous 2
Alice: Madness Returns
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Super Mario Land 3D
Fortune Street

+++

I doubt any of those will be day-1 purchases (especially the 2011 games for obvious reasons). The Probably-pile is mainly for the sake of waiting on reviews whereas the definitely pile is definitely, definite. My 3DS has been gathering dust dammit and it really shouldn't be. Also, I've been waiting years to see a new Max Payne even though I probably shouldn't have been. As for Tony Hawk, I loved those games the first time I played them and don't mind shelling out for prettier versions + achievements.

mightylittleone

Mar 7, 2011
First off, there are so many good games coming out this Spring! I dunno what my bank account is going to think. I can't believe you did not cover Silent Hill Downpour! This is by far my favorite series AND this installment borrowed ideas from Silent Hill 2, what I and many others think is the best game out of the series.

Also, hello, Diablo III!!! Are you serious? We have only been waiting desperately for an announcement of a release date, teased with the individual release of the classes and finally we get word it could be this Spring, FINALLY!

Props to covering Darkness II. This is tied for my favorite game with Silent Hill. I got so entwined in the story in the first game that I felt like I was watching a movie. I hope the second one is even better.

Torchlight II. THis was supposed to be released in the Fall or Winter, but was also pushed back. I spent many hours playing Torchlight, and the fact they released a multiplayer version of the game makes it even more enjoyable. Now I can play with my boyfriend.

Of course, I am excited about the new SSX. I grew up playing those games. Those games are what got me wanting to snowboard and eventually, I became a snowboarder, all because of a little video game on the Playstation. I am not sure about their serious approach though. SSX was always known to have goofy, comical characters and actions. I am not sure if I will like this "serious snowboarding game" idea it has turned into. We will see.

I can't wait.

Behazard

Oct 12, 2011
Definetely Mass Effect 3 (and 2 and 1 for that matter) for XBox. Since I will not get Origin on my system. Just hope there'll be a Steam release sooner than later.

And Dota 2, hope the community will be a bit friendlier than I heard of other likewise games.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Both Mass Effect 3 and Guild Wars 2 will be bought on their respective release dates for sure.

Other than those two I will get the New Soul Cali at some point and also even though I'm willing myself not to, I know I'll give in and get FFXIII-2 eventually. DoA 5 will be a must if it does come out in the latter part of the year, but wont be surprised if that ends up as a 2013 release.

I know very little about any new IPs this year, anyone care to shed any light on anything brand new this year that's worth a look.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
As much as I hated Bioshock, Bioshock infinite actually looks really good.

Also that new tomb raider game looks interesting.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll also be getting a load of older games I missed, such as AC:brotherhood, & revelations, as well as deadrising (I know I'm really far behind with that one.)

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
Mass Effect 3 [Collectors edition]
Silent Hill: Downpour

I was considering the Silent Hill HD collection, but I have the PS2 games so it would just be a waste of money, since the games I have are perfectly fine.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Borerlands 2, if it's even slated for this year.
DotA 2, if it ever sees the light of day.

I had others, but I dropped them for one reason or another:

-Starcraft 2 (I can't put up with this always-online DRM idiocy any more. I fail to find ANY real benefit from using Bnet 2.0, it has done nothing but be a colossal pain in my ass since day 1)
-Diablo 3 (same reasoning as above. Blizzard doesn't trust me enough to buy a "product", and instead turns their game into a "service", then I'm not buying their game. That, and I have no intentions of getting caught in another grind-trap.)
-Twisted Metal (It's on Playstation 3. Sony is still on my shitlist so I'm not buying their products. Pity, this game looks rather fun too.)

Mushroom 118i

Jan 21, 2009
Mass Effect 3, Soul Calibur 5, Silent Hill HD Collection, Bioshock Infinite, Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2 (after I get my hands on a Borderlands GOTY edition)

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Bioshock infinite and prototype 2 are the ones I'm really looking forward to. I can't really think of anything else *shrug*

Kilroy17

Jul 18, 2011
Definites:

Borderlands 2
Counter Strike:GO
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY (I know 2009 etc)

To take under advisement:

Bioshock: Infinite
Prototype 2
Hitman Absolution

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Well I already payed off my Mass Effect 3 Preorder in full even though I know for a fact that it will suck harder than a rocket powered vacuum cleaner. I just got sick of bursting into tears every time a news article came out saying "Bioware CEO says 'Writing is for queers, get ready for Gears of War 4!'" so I finally cashed in every single "benefit-of-the-doubt" point Bioware had left after Kotor, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins and that turned out to be just enough to pay full price for their Kinnect compatible cover based shooter.

On the flip side of that two games I'm actually looking forward to are Bioshock Infinite and Soul Calibur 5

But the games I'm really looking forward to are the ones I don't even know about. You know the ones that don't have a number fixed to the end of the title. The XBLA summer of Arcade hardly ever disappoints. (Well it hardly ever disappoints 5 times in a row). Maybe a japanese game that I haven't heard about until 5 minutes after it comes out.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
MercurySteam said:
[sub]Even if you don't feel like posting in the thread then at least watch the video[/sub]
Actually, I'd be glad to respond, but the shameless self promotion is what I don't pay attention to, rather if you listed the games as a thread starter :p

OT: None atm. But I do have an eye on a few titles, most notably Far Cry 3. If Ubisoft pulls off a transition between FC2 to FC3 like they did from AC1 to AC2, it could be a phenomenal game. And the trailer we saw at E3 looked very promising.

The Hitman game interests me as well, but I don't have high hopes tbh. ME3 is something to definitely look into, but like Hitman, I think it might just be a rent.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
MercurySteam said:
-awesome video snip-
Oh look, it's my list of games to buy in 2012!

Well, not completely. Never heard of Overstrike, and Borderlands 2 and Mass Effect 3 aren't must-haves for me either, but aside from those I want every single game appearing in your video; already preordered Darkness 2. :)

Didn't you make one of these back in 2010 as well? I remember a video featuring a kickass song from the Toybots soundtrack; I think it was called High Seas of Gasoline, or something like that.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
octafish said:
I'm not a fan of Borderlands or Bioshock, especially Bioshock: Infinite where you will be playing the worst kind of souless murdering villain, a fucking Pinkerton.
I seem to remember you saying something to that effect elsewhere.

You'd seriously skip a game just because the protagonist is a rent-a-cop/strike breaker?

tooWhite2ball

Feb 2, 2011
ectoplasmicz said:
Only two off the top of my head, Bioshock: Infinite for sure, but the definite one im looking forward to is the NEW SSX! It seems like im in a select group who absolutely cannot wait for another SSX. The previous titles gave endless fun, so hopefully this one delivers :D
This! I miss my SSX.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Risen 2

I will at least also consider:
MGS Collection
Metal Gear Rising
Hitman: Absolution
and whatever GOG releases