2012 will be a dangerous year

Deviltongue

Feb 2, 2008
You people are sheep if you aren't preparing for 2012. On December 20, 2012 the shit is gonna hit the fan. I've already set up my bunker filled with dehydrated food and guns. Crazy stupid people aren't gonna kill me cuz they think the world will end...

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
It is weird how people seem to think the mayans who lived years ago know more about the earth than scientists today. Bearing in mind that's before they even had the internet.

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
While I do not give much credit to aliens or EXTREME plate techtonics wiping us out, know that the sun is entering a very real active stage. The concern with this is that a massive flare of energy can easily destroy satelite communications and our powergrid could overload.

The kicker with that is that in the late 1800's there was such an event that would have done just that-had we power lines then. The Aurora Borealis stretched atound the globe and was seen at day.

Also don't forget that Cortez wasn't killed because, as he was told, he arrived early. So then they showed their would-be god of destruction around all their gold stashes and potatoes. That kinda sealed their fate.

(the gold, not potatoes)

Angry Caterpillar

Feb 26, 2010
Come 2012, zombies shall roam the Earth. The laughed at me, drawing up my plans, listing supplies, hoarding materials....well, we'll see who's the crazy one now!

...Or at least who's the one munching on brains!

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
Same, I'm going to keeps my doors locked and guns ready.

I live in a fairly small town, so I should be fine (far from any rioting and the like), but you can ever be too careful.

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
Predictions are fun!

Let me toss mine in. 2012 will roll around. A bunch of people will have prepared for the end, and all that such and!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nothing will happen. At all. The world will keep spinning, people will keep living, and the world will move on. The next day, some people will have a bit of a laugh about it, and thats it. History will leave it in the dust.

People are dangerous, foolish things. But lazy and unwilling to die most days. 2012 will be no different than say....2000. Remember that?

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Yoshemo said:
The whole end of the world still is a pile of crap. But Many, many people believe it will happen on December 21st, 2012. I'm worried about what others may do. On December 20th, there may be mass suicides, people killing as many as they can, thinking there will be no consequence since everyone will die anyway, or more. On top of that, it'll be the last year of Obama's term and if things keep getting crazy in America like it has been, people may be violent riots could start.(Im not saying hes good or bad, but people here in America are nuts)Anyone else here worried what may happen despite the world not blowing up?
So basically a self-fulling prophecy. I, however, believe that the world will end and begin again, just like it ended before and will again. In two or three generations we will look back and say yep the world ended then.

escapistraptor

Dec 1, 2009
You worry way too much OP. Remember Y2K? There was a lot of media hooplah about it but there was no mass suicides or looting.

And how is it getting crazy in America exactly?

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
the world has been prophesized to blow up since the dawn of man. It was predicted for a couple dates in teh 19th century, and some in the 20th. The 12th year of the 2000's is nothing special.

People will always be idiots. You can't stop them from that.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Yoshemo said:
The whole end of the world still is a pile of crap. But Many, many people believe it will happen on December 21st, 2012. I'm worried about what others may do. On December 20th, there may be mass suicides, people killing as many as they can, thinking there will be no consequence since everyone will die anyway, or more. On top of that, it'll be the last year of Obama's term and if things keep getting crazy in America like it has been, people may be violent riots could start.(Im not saying hes good or bad, but people here in America are nuts)Anyone else here worried what may happen despite the world not blowing up?
Hold up! I thought it was the 12th of December not the 20th thats had everyone shitting bricks.

as for my predictions. Police will be on high alert, some people will kill themselves(good riddance), whilst others will start rioting in the streets or just plain doing whatever (most likely illegal activity) they want and if they don't get killed the cops will arrest them, and then you'll have the people who rather than kill themselves will sell thier houses, spend all thier money, or some retarded thing that will have them kicking themselves for having done when they wake up the next morning. As my predictions would suggest I firmly believe the world will be okay on the 13th(or whatever day comes after the one people think it all ends on)

Yoshemo said:
The part about crazies in America.. go look up a Teabag party. Those are who I'm worried about. People who go to churches where they encourage praying for someone to kill Obama. Where they try to get Texas to secede because they're afraid a black president will make it illegal to be white.
I know your said it wrong on purpose but the correct term is Tea Party. And whats up with that tired old crap that makes you think just because people are religious(christian to be specific) they're praying for someone to kill Obama. Sure some people may be praying for that to happen but they're easily in the minority. Most of us pray that God will guide him(Obama), not that God would lead someone to kill him. As for your second part thats exaggerated and you know it. The economy in Texas is strong(or so they say) and they want to split so that if the rest of the US fails completely economically they might be safe from the depression that would be fall people in the other 49 states

Craftybonds

Raging Lurker
Feb 6, 2010
Yoshemo said:
Right, because that happened in the year 2000, 1984, etc.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
How many people died durng Y2K?

Yeah, it's going to be the same kind of bullcrap. I don't think people will be doing the whole "let's kill everyone" thing.
*shrug*

I doubt it'll be much more dangerous than any other year.

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
The only unusual deaths will be the end-of-the-world-theory people dying of shame and embarrasment when Planet X doesn't show up.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
Yoshemo said:
The part about crazies in America.. go look up a Teabag party. Those are who I'm worried about. People who go to churches where they encourage praying for someone to kill Obama. Where they try to get Texas to secede because they're afraid a black president will make it illegal to be white.
ah ignorance . . . and extremism. Trusting the media are we? silly thing . . . stop trusting what you're told and start questioning the people you believe in first. It's what is generally accepted among the rest of us as a sign of wisdom. "Trust but research"

and frankly, it's amazing how something like the subject of 2012 got tangented into current politics . . . and not even politics but a political party that has been IGNORED election wise. How many people (you included sir that called them the teabag party) know the NAME even of their candidate in the election Obama won? hmm? what about his platforms? his promises? what about McCains'? or hell, what was Ron Paul's own platforms . . . anyone?

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
Well actually we HAVE had one "death" so far about this kind of end of the world drama. There was a family (I forget where) that were SO terrified of the "human influence" on global warming that they became CONVINCED that the ONLY OPTION LEFT was to kill their children and themselves. They shoot their kids (the infant survives the revovler shot to the chest btw . . . yes . . . THE INFANT SURVIVES THE SHOT TO THE CHEST, . . . SHOT TO THE CHEST . . . INFANFT) and then shoot each other leaving notes depicting their reasons being that they "knew" that humans were going to destroy the earth by global warming and greenhouse gasses and so because of that the only option left was murder/suicide.

Thank you and good night . . . the curtain soon falls on humanity or at least it's intelligence curve.

NEVRINx54

Nov 12, 2009
Lazarus Long said:
I don't think it'll be any worse than December 1999. Everyone was convinced we were all gonna explode then, too. In reality, it'll just be hard to find bottled water and duct tape for a couple of weeks.
lol true that man

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
People might elect Glenn Beck president?

SaunaKalja said:
The only unusual deaths will be the end-of-the-world-theory people dying of shame and embarrasment when Planet X doesn't show up.
nah because they will just push it back and say something along the lines of 'Oh well we were wrong about the time but it WILL happen trust me'

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
"Some say the end is near, some say we'll see Armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly sh*t, stupid sh*t" - Tool
but seriously the chances of the world ending on that exact date are astronomical. However I do have an idea on a book, "How to Cope with 2012". Chapter one, join a cult or religion. If your not into that mainstream hoohaa then it looks like cults are for you, they are small sleek and tend to be more self destructive than selling out so you will never lose you ability to stay as an individual!

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
My guess is that for the most part people will just keep on living on like they always have. It'll be like Y2K all over again.