2012 will be a dangerous year

MiserableOldGit

Apr 1, 2009
The problem with this whole end of the mayan calender is the assumption they stopped there because that's the end of the world. I reckon they just decided they had enough to be getting on with, and some other bugger could do some more a few centuries down the line.

lenneth

Aug 17, 2008
2012, if its true then i get to witness the end of the world, which would be kinda cool. if its false and people riot/mass suicide then i get to laugh at complete morons. Win-Win really

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Hey, if people decide to commit mass suicide because they actually believe that crackpot theory then I think we're likely better off without them here.
"The gene pool is stagnant, and I am the minister of chlorine." Sorry, that just made me think of this.

I agree with you though.

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
AgDr_ODST said:
I might of got the date wrong but nonetheless.. And the protesters I was talking about actually call themselves the "teabaggers" because they protested by sending teabags to congress. And when I went to church, even they said that praying for someones death was very wrong and a terrible sin, so for a church to say you should pray for someones death just baffles me.

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
Mikkaddo said:
Yoshemo said:
The part about crazies in America.. go look up a Teabag party. Those are who I'm worried about. People who go to churches where they encourage praying for someone to kill Obama. Where they try to get Texas to secede because they're afraid a black president will make it illegal to be white.
ah ignorance . . . and extremism. Trusting the media are we? silly thing . . . stop trusting what you're told and start questioning the people you believe in first. It's what is generally accepted among the rest of us as a sign of wisdom. "Trust but research"

and frankly, it's amazing how something like the subject of 2012 got tangented into current politics . . . and not even politics but a political party that has been IGNORED election wise. How many people (you included sir that called them the teabag party) know the NAME even of their candidate in the election Obama won? hmm? what about his platforms? his promises? what about McCains'? or hell, what was Ron Paul's own platforms . . . anyone?
Sorry if I came off like that, I was using them as an example.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
DrEmo said:
In 2012 we're gonna have mass hysteria.
MASS... HYSTERIA.
It's gonna be chaos come December.
Dogs and cats, living together!

Mikkaddo said:
Well actually we HAVE had one "death" so far about this kind of end of the world drama. There was a family (I forget where) that were SO terrified of the "human influence" on global warming that they became CONVINCED that the ONLY OPTION LEFT was to kill their children and themselves. They shoot their kids (the infant survives the revovler shot to the chest btw . . . yes . . . THE INFANT SURVIVES THE SHOT TO THE CHEST, . . . SHOT TO THE CHEST . . . INFANFT) and then shoot each other leaving notes depicting their reasons being that they "knew" that humans were going to destroy the earth by global warming and greenhouse gasses and so because of that the only option left was murder/suicide.
Dude. That's a badass baby right there. I mean, damn. Marcus Fenix as an infant.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
A bunch of people will have end of the world parties, where they get drunk and pass out, waking up two days later thinking it was all a bad dream. Also a bunch of companies will capatalize on baseless fears/anticipation of end of the world scenarios selling related prod.... nevermind

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
Pimppeter2 said:
I only worry about Earth's poles shifting and every horrible natural disaster imaginable coming together to form a Megazord of planet crushing assbeat.

(Cookie for sourceish)
That kinda reminds me of what inevitably happens to all the cities I built in SimCity 2000.

Nevertheless, I can recognize somebody who recognize excellent priorities, and I raise my glass of Pepsi (it's 7:12 in the morning) to you.

Adorann

Dec 9, 2009
I'll just sigh at the fanatics that think the world will end.

Unfortunately, it's just going to happen again in a few years.

joschen

Jun 15, 2009
I think this is pretty much how 2012 will play out, imagine 9/11 times 1 000.

http://www.moviewavs.com/0085412111/MP3S/Movies/Team_America_World_Police/911x10091100.mp3

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I'm not sure exactly how much rioting there will be (I can be certain there will at least be paranoia) but I can almost confirm that there is no scientific explanation for the world to suddenly end on a specific date and that all the theories relating to the end of the world are all based from a misread ancient stone tablet and a build up of other incredibally stupid theories backed up by bad science and spread with paranoia and an obvious attempt to reap money from people.
It's kind of tragic when you think about it, but still there will be panic but I'm pretty sure most of that is based on the fact that 2012 is far enough away that we can't predict it but still close enough to be of relevance to us.

By the way, I can't be the only one who doesn't think that a movie about people all thinking the world is coming to an end and coming together to riot and resolve past issues wouldn't make an amazing movie or mini series.
I'd call it 'Zero Hour'.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I hope they commit suicide.

The people who believe in that bullshit should just go ahead and kill themselves now and rid the world of their stupidity.

Womplord

Feb 14, 2010
IN 2012 THE WORLD WILL END! I WILL GO ON A RAMPAGE BECAUSE WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE IN 2012! THERE WILL BE AN APOCALYPSE!

actually the Mayan calender is stupid

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
Bah Humbug! I say to 2012 doomsayers.

If the world was going to end we would have seen signs of it by now.

Tairan

Mar 21, 2009
I agree they will probally be riots and stealing, but hey thats what chainsaws and shotguns are for right?