2014: What games are you looking forward to?

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
There are quite a few 2014 releases I am looking forward to. First and foremost is The Witcher 3 with Dragon Age: Inquisition, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Tom Clancy's The Division, Transistor and Helldivers rounding out the list. Tis going to be a good year (if the games are actually good, of course).

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Infamous Second Son, or I as I know it, the reason I wanted a PS4 over an Xbox One. Maybe Final Fantasy X + X-2 for the Vita as well. Maybe see how Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns gets received because I'm a ***** for dress up sims. That aside I have absolutely nothing el-

The Madman said:
[HEADING=1]Transistor[/HEADING]​
And Transistor!

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
My Top 5 I'm very excited for:
-Dark Souls 2
-Dark Souls 2
-Dark Souls 2
-Dark Souls 2
-Dark Souls 2

Now for something besides the return to Lordran:
-Bayonetta 2
-Super Smash Bros U
-Persona 5
-Persona Q
-Watch Dogs
-The Evil Within
-MGSV GZ and Phantom Pain

Games that should exist/I predict will be announced before the end of 2014:
-Metal Gear Rising Revengeance 2: Back with a Revengeance.
-The Last Guardian.... its cool I can wait....
-Devil May Cry 5: Keiji Inafune edition.
-Metroid Prime 4

StormDragonZ

Dec 6, 2013
Games coming out this year? None. I don't even have a PS3, Xbox360 or Wii/U.

Those I have yet to play:

- Shadow of the Colossus
- Final Fantasy: Ring of Fates
- The Professor Layton Series
- Ape Escape 3
- Kirby Mass Attack
- Gun
- Okami (currently playing)

All of these are blind.

white_wolf

Aug 23, 2013
Witcher 3

The Division

Watch Dogs

Eve Dust 514

AC Liberation console version (but I don't have long to wait now!)

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
Well, I was looking forward to Prey 2.. Not sure what to make of it anymore with the rumors of developer change and such...

But I can be patient. :(

BearShark

Apr 5, 2013
Watch_Dogs. I just think the whole idea of taking control of an entire city to be exciting and different.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
The obvious one that Im cautiously optimistic about is Dark souls 2. Tanimura came in scared us all with words like "accessibility" and it greatly concerned a lot of us. However hes gone out of his way to try and address the concerns of the Dark souls community and I think that attempt means a lot. That doesnt mean the game will be good but its the attempt on his part that I really appreciate. Only time will tell if its the next great piece of art or a steaming pile of things gone horribly wrong

The second one Im looking forward to is Titanfall. It may be the next big competitive fps on PC gaming and even if it isnt I think its still going to be fun to play.

The third one on my list is Divinity Original sin. Its rare that true RPGs come out. Most of the games in the RPG section are just games with tacked on progression that resembles leveling and no actual ability to roleplay a character. However after having played the Alpha (buggy as it is) Im looking forward to its full release because its a roleplaying game where you can actually roleplay in it. Imagine that

Fourth on my list is Dragon age: Inquisition. Que the masses of people coming after me with torches and pitchforks because I actually want to play something published by EA (besides battlefield 4 so I guess potentially liking two games published by EA has earned me a bonus lynching). Dragon Age: Origins was great along with just about every other bioware game before it. Since then I dont think Biowares made a game thats really engaged me beyond an appreciation for how it tried to be different from every other game in its genre (i.e SWTOR). With the debacle of DA2 and recent mass effect games I want to see what they've done with Inquisition and how they've developed the world. Plus its an opportunity to see if they're going back to their roots of well made games with deep story and interesting characters or if its going to be another game littered with nonsense and overpriced DLC.

Alarien

Feb 9, 2010
Dark Souls 2

Titanfall

Dragon Age: Inquisition

If he can get some playable version of Star Citizen up, then certainly that.

Beyond that, I am sitting back and reserving judgement. I am also not actively seeking out previews or upcomings. I'd rather not get excited about something that just ends up being pushed back for years (Bioshock 1 and Alan Wake, I'm looking at you two... or anything from Blizzard or Valve).

SweetWarmIce

Jun 1, 2009
Mine all start with a D or T and most are online.

Destiny
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
Dying Light
Dark Souls 2
The Division
Titanfall

Soldern

Jun 13, 2011
Plenty of games that I'm looking forward to, but the big one right now is by far Wildstar. Game is amazing, just waiting for launch now so I can get to 40 man raiding goodness.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Cateqeusis, an indie survival horror game, and Hotline Miami 2:Wrong Number, an indie top-down fuck 'em up game. No my selection has nothing to do with my laptop being unable to run new AAA games anymore <.>

dragonet111

Nov 12, 2013
Games I hope will end up good

Destiny
The Division
Dragonage Inquisition
FF Lightning Return
Lilly Bergamo (because I loved the trailer)
Child of Light
Tales of Zestiria (And Gaikai because I don't have a PS3 anymore)

I really look forward Bravely Second, if it's as good as the first one I will be happy.

There is also Mass Effect 4 I can't really say I'm waiting for this game but I'm really curious to see what they are planning. Could be good could be horrible (I have no problems with how the first trilogy ended).

Finally this is pure wishlist but I really want a remake of Grandia (I love this game so much)

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
There are a good number of games that I am looking forward to this year. The games that I am looking forward to are Dragon Age 3(PC), The Witcher 3(PC), FF XV(Hopefully)(PS4), KH3(Hopefully)(PS4), Thief(PS4), Murdered: Soul Suspect(PC), Watch Dogs(PC), and The Order 1886. So far these are the games I am looking forward to in 2014. I am sure the list will expand though as the year goes on.