2015: What games are you looking forward to?

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
What games are you looking forward to in 2015, and what games are you actually looking forward to playing?

So far there's only 2 games I'm super anticipating to play myself - Pillars of Eternity, the party based CRPG from Obsidian, due out in February, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the open world story-driven action RPG from CDProjekt Red, due out in May so far. Fingers crossed they both come out undelayed and good.

However I am anticipating the launches of MGSV: The Phantom Pain, and FFXV, because they seem to have been both in development for quite a while and I'm interested in how they'll both control and play - open world being added to MGS, and a more action orientated approach to FF.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Call me skeptical, but I can't see Final Fantasy XV releasing in 2015.

The main games I'm looking forward to are Persona 5, The Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, GTAV (PC) and MGSV. No Man's Sky looks interesting but I'd like to see more gameplay before committing myself to looking forward to it. As pretty and large as they've convinced me it is, they've still yet to show us some proper gameplay mechanics.

Xenoblade X and Zelda U might be enough to convince me to finally get a WiiU as well.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Not much, but that's mostly due to my damn ignorance of the release schedule. I am hyped for the next Treyarch Call of Duty, though, I do hope they took advantage of the new three year development cycle to make something good because Ghosts and Advanced Warfare just seem to exist to keep us occupied for something that matters in this series.

I'm also quite looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider. Hopefully they will have learned from the last game that getting the shit kicked out of you doesn't make you strong and independent, and I can have a nice story on top of my lovely action gameplay.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Wasn't Mirror's Edge 2 due out in 2015?

If so, then that.

Bit worried they'll fuck it up, but the developers did a interview thingy a while back and it was like they'd scanned the 'What I Want in Mirror's Edge 2' section of my brain, so I'm allowing myself to be a bit hopeful.

(*twitch*)

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
endtherapture said:
So far there's only 2 games I'm super anticipating to play myself - Pillars of Eternity, the party based CRPG from Obsidian, due out in February, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the open world story-driven action RPG from CDProjekt Red, due out in May so far. Fingers crossed they both come out undelayed and good.
Pretty much this. Besides those I'm not really looking forward to anything but I'll let myself be surprised if something good comes along. Might give me time to work on my backlog...

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is top of my list. It's looking to be just like the second game, only with more. I have a few lingering doubts in my mind, mostly about characters. Like they may not include all of the characters from the second game, or not add enough. But either way, I get to kill a bunch of shit with my favorite characters.

Mount and Blade: Bannerlord is not technically announced for next year, but I have good feeling it will be coming out next year. I'm ready for more Caldaria with shiny new graphics!

Some one's I'm interested in, but not that interested in.

-Evolve
-Battlefield: Hardline
-Dying Light

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm really looking forward to the REmake Remaster, since I never got to play it on the Gamecube and it's oh so close to release.

Other than that, MGS5 and Bloodborne, with a casual interest in Uncharted 4.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
The new Legend of Zelda and the new Starfox.There's more that I'm forgetting but those are the 2 I'm genuinely excited for

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Three words, Hyper Light Drifter

Ok there is no official release date other than "Early 2015" but I am taking that as official. I want to buy it so badly!!!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Very little, since I didn't jump gens. The Resident Evil REmaster is the only thing that interests me on the PS3. Wish I could play Arkham Knight...

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Persona 5 and Bloodborne are the big ones. I'm also looking forward to the Devil Survivor 2 remake and Firefly Diary. It looks to be a good year.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I've never looked forward to a game as much as I do to Bloodborne(well maybe Resident Evil 4 10 years ago). I pre-ordered the Euro and U.S. collectors editions and the Jap first print edition. I want that game sooooo bad I'd sacrifice my cock for it! Well maybe not that but you know. :p Everything I see of that game hits all my buttonz.

Other than that Arkham Knight is very high on my list. I'm also slightly interested in Witcher 3 and The Order 1886. I wish I could get excited about MGS5 but I'm not really. Game looks cool and all and it's by Kojima but I just wish it wasn't a Metal Gear game. Really tired of the characters and the convoluted retcon-filled trash heap of a story. Let that Frankenstein's monster die already. Game itself looks amazing though so I'll still play it and just skip all the cutscenes.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Pretty much just the Resident Evil HD Remaster. I'd like the next Fatal Frame to be awesome and it'll be a system seller in my case if it's good, but I'm not holding my breath. My sense of optimism for unreleased games has been snuffed out, I don't hype anymore.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Let's see now...

Bloodborne, because I find the concept fascinating and the story intriguing.

The new Legend of Zelda, because I actually want to finish one for once.

FF XV, because of reasons.

Xenoblade Chronicles X, because the first one was so well-received, and I can't find it anywhere, so I'll settle for the second one.

Persona 5, because I watched some Let's Plays of Persona 4 Golden and it looked really good.

Lilikins

Jan 16, 2014
hmm, well..defo Witcher 3.

But besides that one game Im really looking forward to just for the carnage and pew pew power..Killing Floor 2 hehe^^
Ah and the new Mortal Kombat, that should also be a barrel of laughs. It will sincerely gut wrenching and spleen cracking I assume.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Witcher 3, and if released in 2015, Mirrors Edge 2, although I somewhere I heard things I didn't like about it (like better and more combat? Don't need it. But no guarantee my info is even true).

Banner Saga 2 maybe does come out in 2015.

And hopefully many indie gems.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Batman: Arkham Knight
No Man's Sky (Lets hope they don't fuck it up)
Star Wars Battlefront
Rainbow Six Siege (Granted, it's an Ubisoft title, so its prone to any number of issues)
Tom Clancy's The Division (""""""""""")

Morgoth780

Aug 6, 2014
Witcher 3, battlefront, star citizen (i think that is supposed to be 2015). After seeing the changes to the weapons the classes have on hardline I am infinitely more interested.

All I can think of at the moment. Is be very happy of Mount and blade: bannerlord came out though

black_knight1337

Mar 1, 2011
Mortal Kombat X, Saint's Row: Gat out of Hell and Hyper Light Drifter. Also going to be keeping my eye on No Man's Sky, Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Knight and probably some others I'm forgetting about.