22 y/o too old for pokemon?

drummersbangharder

Feb 23, 2009
Link Kadeshi said:
Like everyone else said, if you like RPG's, then get it, it's a very in-depth game that is more than some Barbie Princess game (Which I am SO getting this paycheck). I'm 27, and I've bought and played a few of them. I'm no Pokemon nut, mind you, but good games. If you haven't, get the older ones too. It'll help aclimate you with the game's universe. There is about 536,914 (+- 436) Pokemon to learn about, so get crackin'.

EDIT:
drummersbangharder said:
I'm not that bad of a closet gamer, I openly play Zelda and Mario, GOW, Halo, and Oblivion.
I'm just more of a homebody than my roomate is. I just think she thinks of me as a loner or homebody. I don't play all the time, but about 1-3 hour(s) per day. But she (roomie)has poked fun at it. It doesn't bother me much, but sometimes she makes me think that I am too old for it or something. I just bought the DSi and she poked fun at that. She's my best friend, but crap, she was starting to make me think I was the odd one out. They say "you don't look like the type of girl that would be a gamer"
Also something that discouraged me was the fact that my "crush" does not play video games and he told me that playing videogames were a "waste of time" and "pointless". So that discouraged me further.

I know I'll end up buying the damned game.
I would love to make friends who are VG enthusiaists (girls) like me but I've yet to find anyone.
First off... Marry me? Now that I've said what someone will soon *Rolls Eyes*... If your crush is a guy, he's too weird, and you can do better... If your crush is a girl, she's too girly, and you can do better. Waste of time, why I never! What is pointless about training to go and save the world from aliens and evil pirates (Oh, I went there!)? Don't make yourself out to be someone just because you want to fit into someone else's view of "good". I'm sure he/she does plenty of pointless activities, and if it's too hard to handle, well, like I said before, you can do better.
Kids, stop trying to be who you aren't to fit in, seriously, play what you want and be proud of it. Now, I'm gonna watch the trailor for Barbie Princess and the Dirty Ball Gown!
LOL and then some I'm picking up the new Dogz game as soon as I can be so ignorant. I wish I could find a man who appreciates games as much as I do!

drummersbangharder

Feb 23, 2009
There are some golden gems out there who would love you for that : ) <---To the ppl who said that they feel bad because they are older than me and still play pokemon.

That said I think I should stop focusing on shit that other people who are close to me say. I don't care what people think about me for the most part, But, the subject of pokemon really sends skeevies through a lot of people my age. I remember a converation with 2 of my friends a couple years ago. They were saying "Remember the pokemon craze when we were in the 7th grade" The other responds "HAHA yeah. Dumb." And I just kept quiet because I still played Pokemon Gold. HAHA.

If my "crush" doesn't like the fact that I like videogames he can shove my wiimote. And if he wants to be with me thats fine too. But if he's going to give me crap about it, its over. I've never been one to make fun of what people are into. From now on I'm not going to care what people think of me and my videogames.

I will buy the POKEMON game and I will play it BY GOD. I just won't tell everyone within 5 feet that I've got it, and if someone asks me, I'll say "Yeah, I've got pokemon, and I don't give a fig what you think about it."

Oh, and if my roomie gives me more crap, I will just reply "Well, clearly if I'm the only one who plays videogames here we can move the console to my room." That will shut her up, because she does play occasionally. (I never hog the tv with it either)

I'm EXTREMELY analytical, and I type really fast, but anyways, THANKS GUYS.

SJCrew

Jun 5, 2008
It doesn't matter; letting judgmental spectators decide what it is you should be enjoying is much more miserable than treating it as a guilty pleasure. It may have a kiddy premise, but it's good choice for anyone who enjoys their strategy games; like me, for instance. You like what you like, that's all there is to it.

CeeJay

Jan 4, 2009
I think its normal, as you become a young adult, to think you shouldn't allow yourself childish pursuits... as you get older though, you'll realise its wrong to deny yourself fun.

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
no one is too old for pokemon. it is one of few JRPGs that i actually enjoy in that when you select "male" on the gender select screen, you actually get a male, not a squeeky twelve year old girl with clothes that seem to have gone through a shredder recently.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I recently got pokemon fire red for GBA, mainly because I wanted a good RPG that you can ignore for any period of time and hop back in. But secondly I wanted to play the original again (because there isn't 4 million of the bastards). In all honestly I think it's fine, I mean someone questions it you say big whoop it's fun. Just don't get caught watching the show, or turning your hat to the side, then you might be in trouble.

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
Kukul said:
Buy the damn game if you want to.
Don't be one of those people who trouble themselves with thoughts like "What would my friends say if they knew I fucked a midget?". You only have one life.
Win. That being said, I still play Pokemon, but I'm only 15. It still doesn't matter, Pokemon is awesome.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Horned Rat said:
I'm a 23 year old guy and I play Pokemon. So do a few of my mates.

Nothing wrong with it. Pokemon is a strangely addictive RPG.
Exactly, your never to old to be the Pokeman Master.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
drummersbangharder said:
I just got a DSi and I am VERY tempted to buy Pokemon Pearl.
I am 22 years old. Girl.
Do you think this is abnormal?
I have had to become a sort of closet gamer, because my roomie thinks that it is odd that I am so into video games. I can't help it, I grew up with it.

I never liked the pokemon cards or show, but I liked the games. I remember having all of the older ones (red, yellow, blue, silver, gold) and I loved them.

Now that I have a DS I want to buy the pokemon game but I'm almost ashamed. I will probably hide it and play it in bed at night....I dunno. I just feel self-concious about it in front of my roomie.

Are there any 20 somethings here that still play pokemon?
21 year old male and has PBR,Pokemon Diamond and Platinum. Not abnormal. Just play games you like. Who cares about the age? Pokemon has change for the better actually.

chipmunk2510

Jun 7, 2008
I just bought Platinum and I'm loving the crap out of it.

Do it. And play in public to spite the people who would wanna ruin your fun. :D

EDIT: Senior in High School by the way. I always have my DS and Platinum on me for free periods and boring classes.