22 y/o too old for pokemon?

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Theres nothing wrong with enjoying a game o_O There is something wrong with thinking there is something wrong for wanting to play a game. Why should we grow up by the dictations of our elders? As an adult is it not your right to define what being an adult means, and if thats so then you are free to dictate how to act "grown up". If that means playing Pokemon Pearl (though you should buy Platinum ^_^) then you've made an independant decision as an adult!

The question is, can you be the very best, like no one ever was? >.>

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
I'm 20, and I only picked it up last year, and the thought of "I'm too old for it" was entirely absent. Anyone thinking that there is a certain age+ where things are forbidden are clearly on the other side of a generation gap.

chaser[phoenix]

Oct 17, 2008
I don't understand why Pokemon, why any game has an "age limit" as far as being "too old" for something.
I've played Pokemon, sure, since I was in middle school but even then: it's an addictive RPG, especially to play with friends.
Sure, the story is lame but raising your Pokemon has always been a lot of fun.

And Raichu is totally cool.

Oh, and I still play Pokemon.
I'm waiting to get Platinum, and I've played since the Red Version. Red, Yellow, Diamond, Pearl and any of the other ones I've forgotten.

*edit*
And I'm 21. Sooo yeah.

Taniquel

Dec 9, 2008
I am a 26 year old woman and I have been playing pokemon since the beginning, and I still play it. Don't let the fear of being "uncool" keep you from playing a game you might actually like a lot!

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
drummersbangharder said:
Now that I have a DS I want to buy the pokemon game but I'm almost ashamed. I will probably hide it and play it in bed at night....I dunno. I just feel self-concious about it in front of my roomie.

Are there any 20 somethings here that still play pokemon?
Don't be stupid... get Platinum instead...

I'm 21 years of age and been playing games for 18 of those. and pokemon is one of the best "simple" rpg's out there. been playing a little platinum myself since it came out and it is fun.

Seriously tho, gaming is nothing to be ashamed of, and there;s nothing wrong with playing kids games either. hell, i gave my copy of diamond to my 8 uear old brother (having plat i figured i didn't need it anymore) but he couldn't figure it out, so maybe it's not as aimed at kids as we thought.

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
21 here and I sometimes play my old pokemon red on my old gameboy when I know I'm going to have to wait somewhere.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
You're never too old to have fun.

Get Platinum version, though.

Battle Frontier adds a ton to the game.

Feb 8, 2009
I'm in high school, I told my friends that I play it, they thought it was weird, but they really didn't care that much. Just play it. You shouldn't be ashamed of a good game.

I have a life to, if that helps my arguement. (That was a slight joke)

Cohen669

Apr 16, 2009
You can never be too old for pokemon. Pokemon is a classic, and although the pokemon nowadays are kind of stupid, (they aren't being as creative) the game is excellent and I would recommend it to anyone.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Your never too old to play a good game...now whether Pokemon is a good game is an entirely different subject.

Tarmon'gaidin

Jan 15, 2009
drummersbangharder said:
I just got a DSi and I am VERY tempted to buy Pokemon Pearl.
I am 22 years old. Girl.
Do you think this is abnormal?
I have had to become a sort of closet gamer, because my roomie thinks that it is odd that I am so into video games. I can't help it, I grew up with it.

I never liked the pokemon cards or show, but I liked the games. I remember having all of the older ones (red, yellow, blue, silver, gold) and I loved them.

Now that I have a DS I want to buy the pokemon game but I'm almost ashamed. I will probably hide it and play it in bed at night....I dunno. I just feel self-concious about it in front of my roomie.

Are there any 20 somethings here that still play pokemon?
Oh god you make me feel terrible I'm a 27 year old guy and I just bought Pokémon Platinum.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
If you hadn't made a thread about this, and didn't tell any one, nobody would know, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Not that it is a problem regardless, Pokémon is a good lazy, easy-going game.

psico666

Dec 8, 2008
im 18 so to young to comment but i do still play pokemon and am currently importing Platinum (due to the fact i live in the UK).
Also, my manager at work is 26 and he recently bought Pokemon on the Wii. This guy runs a resturant and then goes home and plays pokemon. You will never be too old to play pokemon. That game has some sort of way to make it play differently as you get older.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Playing the game is fine unless you get sick of it like I did because it is just the same extremely easy adventures over and over again with crapper pokemon.

However if your still watching the TV series and collecting pokemon cards or whatever they pump out now, then I recommend you see a Psychiatrist.