22 y/o too old for pokemon?

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
just dont advertise it like a twat, but make sure to annoy your roommate by playing the healing center sound as often as you can late at night

Link Kadeshi

Oct 17, 2008
drummersbangharder said:
LOL and then some I'm picking up the new Dogz game as soon as I can be so ignorant. I wish I could find a man who appreciates games as much as I do!
Are you flirting with me?
Err... Dogz, now that is a game I wouldn't play, my real dog would pull the DS out of my hands, and this time, wouldn't give it back. He doesn't mind me playing games, he just doesn't like me playing games that have dogs in them. Hates Fable 2. Jealous little guy.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
If you're so insecure about yourself that you don't know if you should play games, make a personal decision about playing them or not. Plenty members of society will not care if you play Pokemon. Plenty will make fun of you for it. The people that will make fun of you for it are generally not worth talking to anyway. ;P

Your roommate thinks your odd, so you should decide whether or not you'd like to do something you enjoy, or portray yourself as the grown-up badass who doesn't need "kiddie" games.

Personally, screw everyone else, just play it if you enjoy it. Age, gender, social status, etc, don't matter.

At all.

That said, just relax and be yourself. It goes to serve well for many aspects of life.

And pokemon isn't a bad game, and no game is a kiddie game, the player makes it such.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
Are you nuts? Im 18 and nearly caved in an bought a DS and the new pokemon game :p.
Pokemon is seriously fun, face it. Its like Lego, it was always fun and it will always be fun. If you have the money lying around then go for it! I would :D

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
No, your not abnormal at all. Pokemon is a really good game and has been since its Red and Blue version. I'd recommend it, Platinum version just came out too.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I advise you to play it.

Pokemon is in its own class of RPG and everyone is entitled to play it without shame.

But I would also recommend to try out some other JRPGs like final fantasy.I'm talkin about those top down grid RPGs.

drummersbangharder

Feb 23, 2009
Fraser.J.A said:
drummersbangharder said:
I'm just more of a homebody than my roomate is. I just think she thinks of me as a loner or homebody. I don't play all the time, but about 1-3 hour(s) per day. But she (roomie)has poked fun at it. It doesn't bother me much, but sometimes she makes me think that I am too old for it or something. I just bought the DSi and she poked fun at that. She's my best friend, but crap, she was starting to make me think I was the odd one out. They say "you don't look like the type of girl that would be a gamer"

I would love to make friends who are VG enthusiaists (girls) like me but I've yet to find anyone.
There are still a lot of people out there who think video games are for kids, and only for boys. They don't know it yet, but they're a dying breed.

I was at work a few months ago and one of the three girls there (who's 22 like me) saw my DS sitting on the table, laughed and said "How old are you?" The two other girls who were there (aged 22 and 27) started asking what games I played and telling me their favourite games. Our boss overheard (she's in her early 30s) and didn't know much about the DS, but wanted to tell us about the games she'd just bought for the Wii. I chat to the head of another department (early 30s) about games all the time. A couple of months ago, a new guy (late 20s) spotted my DS and, after we'd talked about favourite games, swapped me Castlevania for Advance Wars for a few weeks.

I got my girlfriend (21) a DSi for her birthday a couple of weeks ago. She's used it constantly since then (admittedly she's spent a lot of time reading Twilight on the internet browser, but she's also powered through Professor Layton and half of Hotel Dusk, and just started Pokemon). I introduced her to FPSes a year or two ago, and although she started out hopeless, she now sometimes beats me at online matches of Halo - and I'm pretty damn good.

Half of our female friends play at least a few games. Every single one of our male friends (ranging from 20 to early 30s) play games; they're all very normal "average" guys, not the football team but not the chess club either. f you want to chat with the boys it sometimes helps to know your Link from your Liquid Snake.

We're the last age group to have this gamer/non-gamer division. Look at any class of 14 year olds. I guarantee you all or nearly all of them play games, girls and boys alike. And they will continue to play games when they graduate from school, get jobs, start families and make lives for themselves; those lives will involve video games.

If your roommate pokes fun at you again, just tell her she's a dinosaur. Say "I thought only people who were like 50 still thought games were just for kids these days."

P.S. Aside from your crush - who sounds like a bit of a dick - a lot of guys love gamer girls.

P.P.S. Yeah, games are kind of a thing for introverts. So what? This is the Age of the Introvert. People whose idea of a good time is to go to a club and bounce around with strangers for six hours are less likely to get games. Stuff them, they're not "normal".

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Meh pokemon died, then became aretro and if you want to do it no one will think less of you as it'll be a well I don't care what you think, i was there when it was cool, retro mobob.

IsoNeko

Oct 6, 2008
Entertainment is not limited by age, gender, race, height, weight etc.

Anyone who disagree's is a racist, sexist, agist, or otherwise a biggot.

VariableGear

Apr 1, 2009
drummersbangharder said:
I just got a DSi and I am VERY tempted to buy Pokemon Pearl.
I am 22 years old. Girl.
Do you think this is abnormal?
Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't enjoy a game because of your age or gender. Play what you like, for as long as you like, and you're bound to have a good time. :)

LockeXIII

Apr 28, 2009
Hi, I'm 25 years old and have been playing these games since my girlfriend's brother gave me Pokemon Ruby (for which I still hate him). The problem is that Nintendo releases a lot of games which could be called kiddie games at first glance. Fact is you can't stop wasting hours with them nontheless, can you? That's because all those games are pure awesomeness.

Especially the Pokemon games contain underneath their sugar coat tons of deepness for the freaky grown-up audience.

By the way, I'm from Germany and could use some help with my English writing. If I made some mistakes (spelling&grammar) please feel free to correct me :0)

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
raichu845 said:
Don't worry my brother plays Final Fantasy Tactics and other games on my DS so its not a problem. He's 21 years old.
Final Fantasy =/= Pokémon. Epic fail.