$25 World of Warcraft Mount Launches on Blizzard Store

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Poofs said:
Thats not a waste of money
it goes to a good cause
and it is awesome
also if you dont like it dont buy it
A good cause? are they building celestial schools in space?

Gplars

Dec 23, 2009
it looks cool having played wow before my account was hacked by and advertisement spammer that is pretty bad ass and would get because it as close as i can get to owning the spectral tiger and also you spend a lot more on the cards to play the damn game

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Haha, wow. Just logged in and these things are all over the place.

Look really cool, too.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Does this effect gameplay? Or is it simply cool?

If it is cosmetic, hell, your clever Blizzard. I can't blame you for milking money, you're a company, and that's what you do. Its completely optional.

If it has a game difference, suddenly it changes. If you have an advantage over other people, then you are de-valuing the people who don't want to buy a horse. If that's the case, then its a problem.

Mr.Nishi

Feb 2, 2010
Having seen the item on sale and then later today this thread I decided to log on in to Azeroth and see if it affected the game much. It seems so, for the first day of release I saw at least 20 players in various capital cities and the like toting these phat mounts. And they are phat, both proper land based speed and walking and amazing looking flying. Added to the fact they are spectral, something of which there is a fad, it makes them a very desirable mount.

aside
For those who don't play (and I am new to the game myself) anything usually that cool involves DAYS of game play (see Time-Lost Proto Drake). Often awesome content requires coordinated play between 10-25 players and that can again takes hours and hours to get to.
/aside

So given this and what has been said before, I feel Blizzard have been too contemptuous. The ccg was okay and offered in game stuffs with epic rare cards etc... so that required some effort (or ebay). But this is a flagrant way of cutting out the point of the game, which is to play it to get stuff. By allowing it to be okay just to stack up a wedge and get a great in-game reward, how is that different to buying an account from some one stacked with epics or skill. By Blizzard condoning what seems to basically farming rewards for ig rewards, it removes any leg they have to stand on when dealing with gold farmers and account sales. These are things every MMO works at least a little at to stop such things and now the people who run the game are doing the very thing they banned.

So i disagree with just having it for sale. I feel it should be achievable in-game.

That's it

Well almost...

...the mount is mega cool and I would love to have one but not at this price.

Also from WOW Head
RE Spectral Tiger

"Unlike other loot cards in WOW TCG sets 1 and 2, this loot item requires you to spend gold to acquire it. This is because the loot items are not supposed to affect gameplay by giving a player an advantage over another, thus, it merely unlocks the option to purchase a different mount rather than giving away a free mount."

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Now I haven't played WoW since pre-BC, but doesn't making this available to anyone make it slightingly cheap to people who went through all the work to get a 310 speed mount?

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
Such is the games industry. They can price things as high as they want, and even though people will complain, they know people will still buy it. Pricing it lower doesn't make more people buy it because a whole lot of the player-base are too young to have credit cards and wouldn't be able to buy it regardless.

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Poomanchu745 said:
I used to play wow a while back and yes, this is a waste. I would stay away from it if I were still playing cause I know its only a shameless money grabbing scheme to make shit tons of money by basically doing nothing. All blizzard is doing is making a false demand by releasing things every so often so people feel like they are special when they actually are able to buy one. And blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank.
Thats true, also the fact that EVERYONE has one makes the value of it depreciate. Why do you think everybody loves the amani war bear? [http://www.wowhead.com/item=33809#screenshots:id=63968] Because not everybody can get it. Plus they are just making a lot of money off people with too much disposable income. I would like this, but it's not bloody worth 25 dollars.

The only thing kind of nice is that all of your characters get it, thats the only good thing I like about it, and it looks awesome. But awesome things just aren't as awesome when everyone has one [http://www.warcraftmounts.com/images/mounts/drakeskinbronze1.jpg]
wadark said:
Well, regardless, it's not like its some horrible greedy thing. Don't want/need it? Don't buy it. Simple as that. I for one will be paying for one ASAP, better than spending $1000 on a spectral tiger (Yes, that is what they go for on ebay).
I thought the tiger went down in price to something not completely outrageous. Also just to clarify to those who don't know, that tiger used to be 10k+. May have been 25 at one point but I can't be sure. Also about the griffin, I believe there is a difference between gold and dollars. Perhaps you grinded for hours for that gold but I think typing at a keyboard for world of warcraft of all games to farm? Perhaps some raiding would take considerable skill and execution but farming is just making sure you don't die and they do. I put a lot more value on what I work for in real life to what I work for in WoW.

OT: Awesome looking, but as I mentioned before, everybody and their mother has one so why do I want it? Also 25 dollars is best spent elsewhere.
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Now I haven't played WoW since pre-BC, but doesn't making this available to anyone make it slightingly cheap to people who went through all the work to get a 310 speed mount?
It's only 310 if you already have a mount that is 310. If not it is just 280. It's so people with 310 mounts don't feel forced to only use that mount.

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
I don't see why people are getting their panties in a twist over this.

If people want to spend $25 on it, then that's their choice. It's not game breaking, and it doesn't make one an idiot for purchasing it. Nor does it make Blizzard out as some sort of diabolical mega corporation; they are not forcing people to buy this!

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I don't get why people are bitching about this.
It's purely cosmetic, and it is entirely, 100% optional.
So if you don't like it, don't get it, and go on about your own business.
It's not like this is some "pay and get double XP or better items" kind of thing.
in fact, it'd be fucking retarded of Blizzard to not make use of this additional market.

It's like buying a car and bitching because the car company also sells cool, expensive stickers to stick on said car.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
So...refresh my memory. People ***** about DLC costs. People ***** a lot about DLC costs. Blizzard puts out DLC that's $25 and only gives you one mount. People don't *****, in fact they cream themselves over it. Way to have double standards, gaming community.

Denamic said:
I don't get why people are bitching about this.
It's purely cosmetic, and it is entirely, 100% optional.
So was horse armor and yet that got ridiculed. This gets treated as an amazing innovation in ripping you off.

Dobrev

Mar 25, 2009
Two of my guildmates olrady had the mount for tonights raid. And they were loving them.

So aperantly they are limited edition so you might only have a few hours before they sold out.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Dobrev said:
Two of my guildmates olrady had the mount for tonights raid. And they were loving them.

So aperantly they are limited edition so you might only have a few hours before they sold out.
It's not limited. The counter on the store is just a list of how many keys they have left and as soon as it gets low they make more keys. It is not limited or going away.

Dastardos

Jan 4, 2009
pantsoffdanceoff said:
It only becomes a 310 speed mount if you already have a 310 speed mount.

If you don't have a 310% speed mount then it's a 280% or a 150% or a 100$ or a 60% speed mount.

You do NOT get an advantage over anyone else by buying this. By getting this you don't avoid having to pay for raiding training, or going through the work to get a 310% mount.

The speed of the steed changes varying on what your riding training is, and if you have a 310% speed mount.