600 Points, No Deaths, One Rescued Princess

Jul 9, 2008
Gottesstrafe said:
They should build a monument to videos like this. An entire parthenon filled with video clips of people trying to speed run Super Mario Bros. or beat the first Final Fantasy with increasingly more elaborate handicaps like "All Blackbelts", "All Thieves", and "One White Mage". Then, at the bottom of the hill leading to those grand marble steps, we'll erect a giant sign with words written in every language proudly proclaiming "This is why we haven't invented the flying car or cured cancer yet."
You do realize that you are saying gaming is a waste of time on a gaming forum, right?

iamultraman

Nov 27, 2010
The bit with the hammers made my heart leap out of my chest, I will tell you that. Every second I was going, "He's not going to make it, he's not going to make it, die die die" and he made it.

I think, rather than investigating on whether this video is legitimate, we should all check if this person is real.

Pots

Oct 9, 2007
The only thing that surprises me about this run is no points for killing King Koopa. I never knew that.

Koios

Jul 28, 2010
cjbos81 said:
At what point in this video was it to become in anyway relevant to me?
The point where you watched it. You didn't have to, but you chose to. Don't insult the video for not being entertaining when you knew exactly what you were getting into by watching it.

Kroxile said:
captainjackofms said:
He's clearly hitting the piranha plants
Not to mention that in the original SMB you cannot jump in rapid succession as he does. I just fired the game up to check because I needed confirmation.

Computer assisted, probably. Still impressive? Definitely
Hate to burst your bubble, but from what I remember, the rapid succession jumps were essential to getting to the top of the flagpole, which in turn means that they are possible.

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
Koios said:
cjbos81 said:
The point where you watched it. You didn't have to, but you chose to. Don't insult the video for not being entertaining when you knew exactly what you were getting into by watching it.

Kroxile said:
captainjackofms said:
Not to mention that in the original SMB you cannot jump in rapid succession as he does. I just fired the game up to check because I needed confirmation.

Hate to burst your bubble, but from what I remember, the rapid succession jumps were essential to getting to the top of the flagpole, which in turn means that they are possible.
Your memory is probably a bit foggy then. I have the game right here on hand and checked it myself. You don't need to be able to jump like that in order to reach the top of the flagpole either.

Anyway, its a stupid thing to argue over as its already been proven by someone else that its computer assisted because he hits the piranha plants as well.

Even so, its a great run and its still beyond my skill level.

Koios

Jul 28, 2010
Kroxile said:
Koios said:
cjbos81 said:

Kroxile said:
captainjackofms said:

Your memory is probably a bit foggy then. I have the game right here on hand and checked it myself. You don't need to be able to jump like that in order to reach the top of the flagpole either.

Anyway, its a stupid thing to argue over as its already been proven by someone else that its computer assisted because he hits the piranha plants as well.

Even so, its a great run and its still beyond my skill level.
I'd rather have a video proving that it's computer assisted as opposed to just one person's word. He certainly does appear to hit those piranha plants, though.

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
He states in the video description that he uses a lot of glitches but no hacks or mods. Anyways that was impressive and goes to show how there's always a ridiculous challenge behind every game.

Stilkon

Feb 19, 2011
Thank you for the link to The Critic- MovieBob always has a picture of him in his videos but I was unable to find the show.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
He could have done it with only 500 but he got impatient and killed a Goomba. That poor Goomba.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
The fact that he seems to clip right through some plants seems a little strange to me. But maybe it's just wonky hit detection.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Someones Mario Career is over I think. I would never be able to do anything like that without being severely bored. It's like watching "I Wanna be The Guy" on hardest difficulty, that shit is... just... "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KILL ME NOW I CAN'T PLAY ANYMORE!" I'm sure there is worse, but that is on top of my current list "How the fuck can that happen?"

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
winter2 said:
The fact that he seems to clip right through some plants seems a little strange to me. But maybe it's just wonky hit detection.
All the talk of him hitting the plants is kind of pointless. If you watch those parts, there's little reason why he couldn't just wait for the plant to retract, anyway.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
Jonci said:
Yeah, since when did that pipe in 4-2 take you to the vine warp zone?
It doesn't, he cheated. That part bugged me too so I quickly loaded up SMB on my Wii Virtual Console to see for myself and sure enough that pipe goes to a hidden stash of coins not the warp zone.
in the youtube video description, it says...

"In 4-2, I backwards jump into a few obstacles to scroll the screen without Mario to trick the pipe into taking me to the vine's usual location."

they obviously fixed the glitch for your wii virtual console

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Logic 0 said:
If that's the lowest score someone can get without cheating let's see what the lowest score is with cheating.
- ( as much ram as you have )

cheats are like that.