7 year old girl shot dead while selling some lemonade

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
the doom cannon said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
And on a side note, what the fuck is wrong with that DA? Why go after the gun show organizer when it was clear if anyone should be on trial it should be the person that loaded that Uzi and left it unattended?

Also, who the fuck was watching that kid?
^ this. I love my guns, but if there is one thing you don't do, it's give an 8 year old an uzi. Seriously, I wouldnt trust anyone but my closest friends with a machine/submachine gun within 2 miles of me, let alone a little kid who probably doesnt have the strength to control the recoil.
The biggest problem with the U.S. in regard to guns is their attitude. Firearms are an extremely deadly weapon, built primarily for destruction. My dad owns a few rifles (he hunts maybe once a year, but mostly target shoots) and he treats them with the respect they deserve. For starters, no rifle ever leaves the locked, bolted to the concrete safe unless it's in his own hands and he's using it or cleaning it. Guns are never kept loaded and are checked and double checked before and after any handling--still, they are always regarded as loaded, because mistakes happen. Ammunition is kept in a separate, locked safe, with a different key. He is the only person in the world that knows where the keys are--not even my mother knows.

Of course not all U.S. citizens are gun toting idiots and anyone claiming they are needs a lesson in vocal minorities, but I do believe far too many Americans possess a lax attitude towards firearms. They aren't toys and they will kill someone. The number of times people have been killed because some dickhead let a loaded handgun on the table or something... Common-fucking-sense.

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
Maaaaan....i was having a good day until this. Fucking gang bangers should all be shot (yeah yeah hypocrisy blah blah), just seriously shoot them like the animals they are

Azure9

Sep 19, 2010
I god this is sad. I so wish i had a time machine. I'm from Chicago and i work at Disney World. Every year they give us 6 free tickets to get our family's into the park. My family couldn't make it up so now i have 6 usless tickets. Man i wish i could of known.

P.S. If you don't beleive me ask for a custodian named Cameron. I work on Main Street.

Some_weirdGuy

Nov 25, 2010
Am I racist(prejudiced?) for having immediately guessed that this must have happened in America? (that or some third world country).

If I had ever been wrong after making such an assumption it would be easier to put it down to anti-american prejudice so many people fall pray to, but... well, it always ends up being the correct guess, so now I'm not sure :X

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Gun Control Thread Imminency Senses...

Tingling!

It sucks, but this isn't news, not really, this shit happens everyday.
She should have carried a gun, it would have saved her life.
Y---up.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
This sounds like it came right out of a parent's nightmare... One day everything's going so smoothly, the family planning to attend Disney World which is almost every 7 year old's dream come true, and as they wait, the daughter sells lemonade.

Then out of the blue, violence erupts with a shootout and she gets killed on the spot in cold blood. My body trembles to the thought of me having to see someone I care or know die in front of me. It's already a devastation when you hear about someone you know/loving, but to see it for oneself... that, is just horribly awful. My sympathy goes to the family and especially the mother of that girl.
Frappe pretty much covered it.

What a really crap situation.

Vamantha

Aug 2, 2011
I live next to Oakland, CA so I'm pretty desensitized to this kind of stuff. It's a bummer alright.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
idarkphoenixi said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Gun Control Thread Imminency Senses...

Tingling!

It sucks, but this isn't news, not really, this shit happens everyday.

My sympathies are with the girl's family, regardless.
I know it's not real news but I still thought it was worth mentioning. Sure, people get shot every day but not like that.
What, you mean casualities caught on the cross fire?

That happens ALL THE TIME.

The real kicker is... she was about to go to DISNEY WORLD. That's just fucking EVIL, death is too merciful for the person or persons who killed her before she ever got to go to the theme park I could only WISH I could have gone to.

Apr 5, 2008
Sympathy for the girl and her bereaved family, none at all for the USA. They are happy and adamant to continue allowing guns to be privately owned, this is the inevitable result. Americans have no right to bemoan both the tragic loss of a child's life and their personal, inalienable right to own guns.

One is the consequence of the other so you make your bed and lie in it.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Well that's a shame. But it makes it easier to cope with knowing it was an accident and not something more.. extreme? Or personal? There would be other victims from this too, though. The ones who did it. It was an accident, with no intention of killing a 7 year old, so both (or more?) of those guys are probably going to live with this guilt for the rest of their lives. Damn.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Biodeamon said:
As Cave Jhonson said:
"I don't want your damn lemons! the hell am i supposed to do with these!?"
That's terrible. How could you write something like that, on a thread like this?

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Well that is... depressing.

Even someone like me, who's used to daily killings, this is sad. Probably because there's a back story to the victim. Disney Land people! D':

Every kids dream. ;~;

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Poor girl. I always hate seeing stories about kids dying. They have their whole life ahead of them and it all rots away in an instant.

She was even getting ready to go to Disney Land. :(

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
That's so sad. A stray bullet makes it less morbid but only just a little. Killings aren't new, but this was depressing. It's sad that innocent people die because of the stupidity of others.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
I've driven through that part of Chicago and it looked bad but holy shit this is shocking. Regardless of whether this was a stray bullet or not fuck the guy who shot it. He shouldn't have been shooting at anyone in the first place. I really don't understand what the parents were thinking however moving with their child here. That's absolutely shockingly poor judgement on their parts. Some things people do just boggles the mind and this is up there.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Biodeamon said:
As Cave Jhonson said:
"I don't want your damn lemons! the hell am i supposed to do with these!?"

Goddamnit, I know I shouldn't laugh, but by god I did. You son of a ***** XD