80s babies, do you feel old around 90s babies?

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
As a 1986 child, yes, yes I do. Thanks for reminding me...

Seriously though, yes because when I talk about going to arcades and playing games by the quarters, and playing the NES with all those games I get blank stares.

Occasionally I get hit on by the 90s kids and it's weird.
Yay 1986, we rule!

90s kids missed all the good cartoons

I also would personally never date someone born in the 90s. I would feel SO wrong.

I have had similar experiences of being hit on by 90s kids, it can be very disturbing.

Even more disturbing are those born after 2000. Imagine growing up with the internet. That can't be a proper childhood. I had my vhs and I liked it.

sora91111

Dec 10, 2010
What does it feel like to be old? Really, being born in 95 I've never had that feeling.

GotMalkAvian

Feb 4, 2009
I was born in early '83, so I feel pretty comfortable around anyone born anywhere from the late 70s into the early 90s. Anything after that, however, really makes me feel the generation gap.

The worst is that my fiancee teaches 8th grade, so these are kids who were born around 1997. I've met some of her students, and the cultural differences are staggering. It's almost like trying to communicate with someone from a different planet.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Born in '86 here, and yes.

It's not so much remembering the 80's though I do remember some stuff, as it is remembering the 90's in their entirety.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
As a 70's baby this thread makes me want to cry. You see my avatar? That's actually me.

EDIT:
bluepilot said:
I have had similar experiences of being hit on by 90s kids, it can be very disturbing.
Oh god yes, I used to live on the edge of a council estate and getting hit on by drunk 14 year old girls happened with alarming regularity. It wasn't so bad when it was group of them because they're probably just showing off in front of their mates but when it's just one it get's worrying because you know someone will take her up on it.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Was born in early '89, but no I don't feel old, because my best friends in the states are all 2-3 years older than me, and the people I hang around with at university are in their mid to late 20's. If anything, I feel like the baby :D

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
You have absolutely no idea how old you all make me feel ... thankfully its been going on long enough now, I'm getting used to it.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
I'm a year older than most in my year at Uni, due to a year out, but I don't feel old.

Probably helps that my usual social haunts have a larger age range, with everyone from first years upto PhD students.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
VanQQisH said:
I was also born in late '89, but I was in the same year level as all the other '89 kids so I was always the youngest. I also have friends of a very large age range, the youngest i can think of being 18 and the oldest I can think of about to tip the 30 mark. Maybe it's not that large a scale, but from where I come from, it's highly unusual for people to hang out with people that aren't the same age or at least very close.
Also, I get the feeling your friend probably meant the "in the 80's" question as a joke. At least I hope he did.
My oldest friend is way into his fiftees, 57 to be exact which is older than my parents.

I'm 21

I love having older friends, because they tend to judge me far less that someone my age.

Age gap's be damned.

We don't hang out though we just have huge conversations every time we see each other.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I was born in 87 and yeah I get annoy and feel old when the 90's start critizing the 80's show to say how weird they are or when some people don't get references to that time.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I was born 1989, so as the OP I'm also a late 80's born. Anyways, I took a sabbathical from school and ended up doing my last three years with people born in 1990, and damn did I notice a difference. Everybody seemed like immature little brats to me and I felt nothing but dislike for most of them because of it.

Sepphyre

Mar 3, 2011
70's baby here (74) and I don't feel old around anyone from the 80's since I work with many people from that decade. 90's is different, since I am old enough to be their father!! lol

Having said that, video games and heavy metal have kept me young in spirit at least :)

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Well, I was born in 1991 and my older brother was born in 1984, so yeah, I imagine he'd feel pretty old by now.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
well I was born in 1992 (in January no less, so basiclly almost 91) and I don't feel old around younger people just yet, once the kids, born from the 2000's start rearing their heads then I'll start feeling old.

pubbing

Dec 16, 2010
August 6th 1980.
I grew up watching Karate Kid and Ghostbusters

I remember my older sisters having wild eighties hair and listening to Bon Jovi.
As a matter of fact I think there is still a copy of Thriller on vinyl at my parents house somewhere.