80s babies, do you feel old around 90s babies?

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I'm a 90's kid myself (by less than a full month -- I was born in late January of 1990), but I understand what you're talking about. So many of the people online were born in 1995 or later, and the things they get nostalgic about just make me feel old. You would think people born in the same decade as you wouldn't be capable of making you feel old, but it's amazing what a difference five years can make.
Similar situation for me I was born in febuary. It is funny the differences it does makeI mean half the kids born even five years after didnt watch batman or gargoyals or even grow up on the n64 like I did.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Shade184 said:
I was born in 1992. I was homeschooled until eighth grade, and was raised in a strict Catholic family, no TV or video games allowed.

I have to ask my peers what the nineties were like, and it's fucking embarrassing to be the only one who missed my entire generation and then some.
(hugs) its ok theres still time...

Mark Flanagan

Apr 25, 2011
Yes, I was born back in nineteen hundred and eighty five and can remember a time when cartoons were good and the internet wasn't a basic human right. Back then if you saw a Disney movie it wasn't made by Pixar and probably had Robin Williams in it. Now its all video games and rioting. Bloody whippersnappers. *shakes fist*

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
1982 and I often get told I look like I'm in my mid-twenties at most.

But sometimes, I suppose I do somehow wonder how come the last decade went by so fast.

But, as for when you're old? Jokingly, this is Vegosiux Law of When You're Old:

"When your favorite sports star player retires...as coach."

Edit: Gotta start looking at the date on more than just the last post, don't I. Now I am tainted by participating in the dark arts.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
born in late 91

wanna know somthing funny? in a few years the internet is going to decide that nostalgawise the 90's was the best decade EVAR

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
This facebook group is awesome for 80's babies. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ive-lived-in-4-decades-2-centuries-and-2-milleniums-and-Im-in-my-20s/255099493340

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
Regnes said:
Depends, being born in 1987, a few of my younger peers growing up were from the 90s, it was fairly normal. Though it's kind of scary when I consider that some of the young girls at my work were born as late as 1997. These are people who might not even know what 9/11 is.
Everyone knows about 9/11 hell my eight year old niece knows what 9/11 is. What's creepy is that she is old enough to have a conversation with me about it, but she was born three years after the fact. ._.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
I didn't feel old for a second, but then I realized that Reagan was still president when I was born. Now I feel old

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Vault101 said:
born in late 91

wanna know somthing funny? in a few years the internet is going to decide that nostalgawise the 90's was the best decade EVAR
...? Has the internet not already decided this? I feel like every day, I see something about how awesome 90s Nickelodeon and Third Eye Blind and crap like that was. Are internet people anywhere saying that some other time was better? Because if so, I've never been to that corner of the internet.

Also, can you pretty please go back to shotgun pumping cat? Blood dripping cat is mildly terrifying

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Launcelot111 said:
Vault101 said:
born in late 91

...? Has the internet not already decided this? I feel like every day, I see something about how awesome 90s Nickelodeon and Third Eye Blind and crap like that was. Are internet people anywhere saying that some other time was better? Because if so, I've never been to that corner of the internet.

Also, can you pretty please go back to shotgun pumping cat? Blood dripping cat is mildly terrifying
its because the hoghscool kids soon grow up to be old enough to be nostalga..and they are the generatiosn using the internet

and its a Dog....he doesn't like it when you call him a cat

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
I was born in 1985. Well, people tend not to believe I'm 25 because of how young I look.

Only a year or so ago, I walked into a restaurant with my mom and the waitress asked my mom if she needed a kids menu for me. I'm only 5ft 3ins but still. Though I wonder about that waitress's eyesight, because at the time I was growing a beard and it was already halfway grown when she made that remark. I wonder how many kiddies she gets in that place that are growing beards.
IDK, I saw this one woman I mistook for a 12 year old boy until my brain went, "Nice ink....wait a second, 12 year olds don't have tattoos!"

Both my siblings were born in the 80's, one in 1980 and the other in 89. I've never really felt that much younger than my brother, we literally shared everything growing up. I don't see how a two month difference can make you feel old...

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I was born in 1987. I still hear of someone being born in 1995 and expect them to look like an eight year old.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Dags90 said:
Sonic Doctor said:
IDK, I saw this one woman I mistook for a 12 year old boy until my brain went, "Nice ink....wait a second, 12 year olds don't have tattoos!"

Both my siblings were born in the 80's, one in 1980 and the other in 89. I've never really felt that much younger than my brother, we literally shared everything growing up. I don't see how a two month difference can make you feel old...
I am not saying it is a bad thing, but wow, I this is definitely the longest length between commenting and then somebody quoting me.

The record has been set: 1 year and 2 months.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I feel really young next to 80's babies. It's not even a generational gap either, I grew up with my brother's hand me downs so I'm more nostalgic about that stuff rather than things of my generation. However when I talk to people who have the same nostalgic feelings I'm 19 while they're 25. Then when 90's babies try to talk to me about their nostalgic stuff it's not even from the same point in a timeline.