A character you DON'T want to be.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
Arch Hall Junior.

[img src="http://www.biocrawler.com/w/images/2/2a/Arch_hall_jr.jpg" / ]

What's that? He hasn't been in a video game you say?

[img src="http://85.img.v4.skyrock.com/854/yuna-tidus4ever/pics/289575807_small.jpg" /]

Looks close enough to me. Don't care that he's got Meg Ryan's hair style now--Arch Hall Junior is Arch Hall Junior. I take one look at that face and go "boy, that's really unfortunate. I sure wouldn't wanna be him!"

adam352

Jan 11, 2010
chinangel said:
Everyone has a character they would LOVE to be in a video game. For me it's probably Zelda. Minus the whole 'frozen into a crystal every six months' dealie but that comes with the nintendo princess territory right?

On the other hand, there are character's would be terrified to be, characters who's shoes we do not wish to fill. As it would be a nightmare.

For me it's Mario. I mean...sheesh, a comedically large mustache, unable to speak any notable language, a voice that never found puberty and the CONSTANT ABUSE! I mean seriously! THis guy goes through more punishment and torture than any other character in my opinion.

Then there's the whole 'becoming a guy' thing. Seriously, not happening.

what about you? Who's shoes would you want to stay out of?
Raiden, because of all the hate.

To his credit he didn't let it get him down, he just got angry.......... lots

Sonearage

Jun 13, 2010
chinangel said:
For me it's Mario. I mean...sheesh, a comically large mustache, unable to speak any notable language, a voice that never found puberty and the CONSTANT ABUSE! I mean seriously! This guy goes through more punishment and torture than any other character in my opinion.
Totally agreed like "Grurrr I just wanna punch him" sort of agreed.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
Ellen Ripley, tell me that wouldn't really suck to be followed by aliens for like a billion years.
it would really suck to be commander shepard as well actually. mainly because most people decide to make him/her look like a creature from the depths of the sea thats been hit multiple times with a propellar. and the whole dying thing... that sucks too.

Sep 14, 2009
LiberalSquirrel said:
Any of the numerous silent protagonists of video games. I like being able to speak.

this.

there are certain games that do this right..but for the most part its

"hey, my friends are being raped and pillaged by super powered freaks! why dont you save them?!?!"

*.....(silence)...*

forced into mission of saving them.

or if your trying to be badass all you can do is shoot your gun a few times, no cool lines to be said or any real effects in game.

NickCaligo42 said:
Arch Hall Junior.

[img src="http://www.biocrawler.com/w/images/2/2a/Arch_hall_jr.jpg" / ]

What's that? He hasn't been in a video game you say?

[img src="http://85.img.v4.skyrock.com/854/yuna-tidus4ever/pics/289575807_small.jpg" /]

Looks close enough to me. Don't care that he's got Meg Ryan's hair style now--Arch Hall Junior is Arch Hall Junior. I take one look at that face and go "boy, that's really unfortunate. I sure wouldn't wanna be him!"
wait wait wait..you wouldn't want to be a ridiculously loved blitzball player??? id do that in a heartbeat if i could

Jun 7, 2010
The adoring fan.

throwing that guy off of dive rock is a mandatory requierment for anyone who has oblivion.

that or the joker at the end of batman: arkham asylum. that punch must have fucking hurt

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Isaac Clarke from dead space, or indeed any human from dead space. Or anything from dead space. See a pattern anyone?

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Generally, I just wouldn'y want to be a minion. My purpose basically sums up as 'being cannon fodder for the hero'. I get no life of my own, plus my crappy AI would have me running into walls every 5 seconds, or just charge forward regardless of the hero's arsenal.

Actual character wise, I'd have to say Gannondorf. He tends to die in the most unpeasant ways. Skewered by arrows (First game), exploding after death (Link to the Past), sealed away for all eternity, but once escaped, gets stabbed in the face, turned to stone and left at the bottom of the sea (OoT and WW), Stabbed by mystical sword, sent to shadow worl, loses form, once escaped get stabbed in same spot by different mysical sword and dies standing up (Twilight Princess), and whatever unpleasant way they're going to kill him in Skyward Sword. Sure, I get to rule the world for 7 years, have the power of the gods and be really evil, and have a kidnapped princess by me on several occasions, but ultimatly, it's just not worth it.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
I would not want to be Eileen from Silent Hill: The Room. You're constantly getting watched through a hole in your bedroom wall, and whether you get possessed or die or walk into a giant spinny death machine all depends on some awkward introvert with a flashlight.

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
The Nameless One (That guy does not have it easy). Any character in a Robin Hobb novel (None of those people have it easy.).

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
The ninja from N+
Especially in the later levels.
Oh, look, I dodged the mine and got some gold! Hoora- *Missile blows up body, followed by laser, and dismembered head hits mine, setting off the rampaging robots that move on the floor*
Staying alive for only a few minutes doesn't help either...

Sonofadiddly

Dec 19, 2009
Mario. How many thousands of times have I seen him die in agony over the years? Falling into pits, sucked into black holes, burnt by fire or lava, crushed to death? What a terrible fate.

NoblePhilistineFox

Apr 8, 2010
The Protagonist(thats his name),
lets see,
cant talk,
stuck in a f*cked up world,
forever forced to practically kill himself just so he can kill the absoloute god with a gun given to him by the false angels.
and put into annoying side dungeons goddammit.
(a cookie for whoever knows what game Im talking about)

asgardmothership

Jan 17, 2010
Welcome Issac Clarke, to the USG Ishimura. "This looks like a nice shi-- what was that? Oh my god shit shit ruuuuuuuuun" Cut off their limbs raaaarrrr raaarr rarrrr ffdum ffdum ffdum *air valve sound* beep.... beep..... beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
`
`
`
*Blood fills the screen.

There is no part of that I didnt like the sound of.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
One of the chicks in Deadly Premonition

James - silent hill2

Laryn(or any Brood Mother) - Dragon Age

"First day, they come and catch everyone.
Second day, they beat us and eat some for meat.
Third day, the men are gnawed on again.
Fourth day, we wait and fear for our fate.
Fifth day, they return and it's another girl's turn.
Sixth day, her screams we hear in our dreams.
Seventh day, she grew as in her mouth they spew.
Eighth day, we hated as she is violated.
Ninth day, she grins and devours her kin.
Now she does feast, as she's become the beast."

So the do WHAT to her?! D: