A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
"THIS IS WHAT THEY DO TO US"

My dude, 60 years ago you'd've gotten shot. If not on the steps of the Capitol, then after they rounded up the survivors and put them on trial.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

As investigators seek to identify rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol, police departments in Virginia and Washington state have placed officers on leave as authorities examine whether they took part in unlawful acts while off-duty.

Fire departments in Florida and New York City have also said they reported to federal authorities allegations that some of their members may have been present when the mob broke into the Capitol as Congress met to certify the results of the Nov. 3 presidential election.

The police department in the small town of Rocky Mount, Virginia, said on Sunday it had placed two officers on administrative leave after it learned they attended an “event” in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday while off-duty.

“The Town of Rocky Mount fully supports all lawful expressions of freedom of speech and assembly by its employees but does not condone the unlawful acts that occurred that day,” the department said in a statement, saying it had notified federal authorities.

Five people lost their lives, including a Capitol Hill police officer, when supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol in an attempt to disrupt the formal recognition of Trump’s election loss to Democrat Joe Biden.

Dozens of people have been criminally charged, and the FBI has sought help from the public to identify more participants.

One current Metro D.C. police officer said in a public Facebook post that off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the building. “If these people can storm the Capitol building with no regard to punishment, you have to wonder how much they abuse their powers when they put on their uniforms,” the officer wrote.

“I agree they would take over the Capitol in minutes,” said another Democratic lawmaker when asked whether, on an average day with even looser security, an even more organized and militarized terrorist group might be able to breach the building. “Virtually every member is asking how this could happen,” he said.
I think I saw someone arguing with someone else why having the Military oversee the election would be a bad idea.

I'm sure they would love the job. And I'm sure we'd never see another storming of The Capitol again. Also, I'm sure we'd never see a democrat win again, but I'm sure there would be no correlation there...

~Edit. Welp, just heard the chant. Yup, they did chant "Hang Mike Pence"

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

I think I saw someone arguing with someone else why having the Military oversee the election would be a bad idea.

I'm sure they would love the job. And I'm sure we'd never see another storming of The Capitol again. Also, I'm sure we'd never see a democrat win again, but I'm sure there would be no correlation there...

~Edit. Welp, just heard the chant. Yup, they did chant "Hang Mike Pence"

Nah, clearly you misheard them. They clearly said "Krang Makes Sense!" This was obviously a group of TMNT fans, coming to champion their favorite stomach brain.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
"Clearly that's metaphorical. You can't know what they were really after" :rolleyes:

Alternatively, it was ANTIFA! Because "Patriots" don't do that kind of stuff. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I don't think what a mob chants can be legally admissible as proof of intent. Everybody knows that mobs are characterized as being whipped into a violent frenzy.
For example, BLM chanted "burn it down", but they didn't actually burn anything down. Does that mean they're all arsonists?

I'm not bringing this up as a "whataboutism", I'm merely proving the point that words are not violence, and should not be taken as intent as such.
Be consistent.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
A second Officer, Howard Liebengood, has killed himself.

My First instinct is to rage. Absolutely rage. Killing someone is horrible. But killing someone's hope to the point that they take their lives is the epitome of vile.

But we do not know at this moment why did he kill himself.

I just wish he could have gotten help beforehand. Please, anyone who is thinking about it, just call a professional first. Just please. We need you. Even if we aren't friends, we need you. You are the only You we have.

Reactions: happyninja42

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I fear a big hint is that the article said his father was Senate sergeant-at-arms there. The failure of the force to prevent the invasion of such an important building could generate a huge sense of humiliation. Potentially in his case, he had a lot more invested pride to be damaged than most.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
A second Officer, Howard Liebengood, has killed himself.

My First instinct is to rage. Absolutely rage. Killing someone is horrible. But killing someone's hope to the point that they take their lives is the epitome of vile.

I just wish he could have gotten help beforehand. Please, anyone who is thinking about it, just call a professional first. Just please. We need you. Even if we aren't friends, we need you. You are the only You we have.
Has there been a online backlash against the officers?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

No idea if this is legit or if it's just an oopsy but it's an interesting potential development. I imagine it's more likely to be a fuck up by the site rather than legit but who knows at this point...

1610396457503.png

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
No idea if this is legit or if it's just an oopsy but it's an interesting potential development. I imagine it's more likely to be a fuck up by the site rather than legit but who knows at this point...
TOO SLOW

sonic.gif

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I'm not saying this with any Sarcasm. This is One Hundred Percent of what I believe.

I miss the Republican Party. I didn't always agree with them. But I'm a firm believer of balance. As long as that Balance is dealt with Integrity, I welcome it. Keep me honest while keeping honest.

However.

Has there been a online backlash against the officers?
You have to assume so. One would have to look at Parler and I for one don't have the energy to do so.

Here's the little bit I gathered.

No one was safe from their anger.

White nationalist Proud Boys users on Telegram called the U.S. Capitol Police "f---ing coward” while others livestreamed themselves running amok in the halls of Congress to their loyal online fanbases. Others were captured on video calling the police “traitors” and “pigs,” threatening their deaths. False rumors flew that the Chinese Communist Party had actually instigated the attack, or that antifa, the amorphous label for any leftist counterprotester, had disguised themselves in a false flag operation.

Reactions: Dalisclock

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Excuse the Double post, but this is pressing.

I once put up a thread about prepping in the old forums. People were kind of giving me the business, eluding that I'm in America and nothing will probably happen to me.

I urge people to take this stuff seriously now. Get stuff. Don't let people know that you are unless you can trust them and/or can bring them into your fold without hindering your own livelihood.

Best case scenario, you just got some extra cool gear.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Excuse the Double post, but this is pressing.

I once put up a thread about prepping in the old forums. People were kind of giving me the business, eluding that I'm in America and nothing will probably happen to me.

I urge people to take this stuff seriously now. Get stuff. Don't let people know that you are unless you can trust them and/or can bring them into your fold without hindering your own livelihood.

Best case scenario, you just got some extra cool gear.

Trump supporters are saying, over on thedonald, that this is fake, a trap, set up by ANTIFA to (further) frame them for violence, and are telling each-other not to attend.