A game says f*** you

Crankafoo

Mar 28, 2010
Any game where you try to beat the highest difficulty, then find out you gotta unlock the highest by playing it through once. Total buzzkill for me.

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Just about every JPEG has some point where you fight a boss you cannot possibly beat just to show off their power. It's one of the reasons I don't bother with JRPG's anymore. Especially in some cases where it's just pointless (Atelier Iris 3 for instance when fighting Ash - cut him out the game and replace him with random monster number X and the plot doesn't change at all).

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
iLikeHippos said:
TheEndlessSleep said:
iLikeHippos said:
TheEndlessSleep said:
iLikeHippos said:
snip
snip

However, in Halo and other such shooters, there are normally ways around problems like the ones you mentioned, so I don't think they qualitfy as a 'fuck you' at all, but rather just as a challenge.
Obviously, you've never played the Halo campaign, or at least that I have :p
You play the game as you're supposed to, than BLAM! dead, right out of nowhere. I swear, sometimes I've been forced to watch the re-play just to see what the hell happened to me.
Meaning, that no matter how good you are, or legit you play, you still wind up dead from something out of nowhere. This happens to me especially in FPs campaigns. :/
Played them all actually, and even on the highest difficulty, I never found myself in a situation where it wasn't perfectly clear what was killing me.

I'm not saying it was easy, mind - I died a LOT on legendary. However, being difficult does not make it an automatic 'fuck you'.

ArcticFoxKit

Jul 16, 2011
I've been playing old DS games lately and I came across Trauma Center. GUILT is a giant 'F-YOU' to the player. Especially the last one. D:<

Rpground

Aug 9, 2009
in Baldur's Gate 1+2 and expansions, it HATES it when you want to be evil and severely gimps you compared to being the good guy.

if you walk in a town guards will spawn NON STOP! even when you killed your 20th wave THEY STILL FUCKING SPAWN OUT OF THIN AIR! i can only fight them off for so long,sure i get fucking rich off of all the plate armor but i have trouble SELLING it cause if any neutral NPC sees a guard attack you they go HOSTILE! and you can undo it so you LOSE MERCHANTS! which as you can tell arent in good supply WHEN YOUR EVIL! or when they have some awesome crap you want to buy,you cant get access to their inventory anymore! i understand you want to make evil have consequences game,BUT THATS OVER BOARD WHEN THEY SPAWN ROGUES THAT BACKSTAB YOU EVERY FUCKING TIME! and they ALWAYS target your mages so the get GIBBED in one it so you cant revive them! how the fuck do you explode into gibs if you get stabbed with a knife!? that ISNT enchanted to EXPLODE ON FUCKING CONTACT! oh and dont get me started on the mage that ALSO spawns every time or the CLERIC THAT CASTS A HOLD PERSON SPELL! THEN YOU CANT GET OUT OF IT AND YOU CAN ROLL ANYTHING FOR CRAP! THEN YOU DIE! and you will always DIE,cause as soon as the protagonist dies GAME FUCKING OVER!

need i rage more?! sigh~

Rpground

Aug 9, 2009
Zakarath said:
Chryssalids. GODDAMN CHRYSSALIDS.

(X-com)

really for you? cause when i played on superhuman they were tame...i dont even think i even lose a solder to them,sure the civilians got eaten to death...all of them...the screaming...my god the screaming...but yeah,i have seen second hand what they can do.but you should be more worried about the ethereals that come along and mind control your weakest dudes and then kill your strongest dudes. infact i think thats why i never saw chryssalids much,the ethereals came and said "we'll take care of this snakemen,take your pets a go home. your 3 missions werent good enough!" >.>

TH3_D15HWA5H3R

Mar 17, 2011
2fish said:
Ninja Gaiden Black if you fail the first boss 3 times. They then offer you ninja dog mode so you can still play and maybe even pass the first boss.
this... i hate that game at times -.-

steam_marc

May 20, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Killing Floor with it respawn BS.

Round starts.

Look left. Nothing.
Look right. Nothing.
Look left again. Two Fleshpounds, a Siren, a Scrake, half a dozen Clots.

It's never a problem until you have the 2 Scrakes and the 2 Fleshpounds. And all you have is a chainsaw and no teammates. I actually got out of that one, but barely.

Yeah. Killing Floor is really unforgiving.

MrMrAwesom

Mar 19, 2011
dying in any game, press x to re-spawn is about as annoying as press x to not die, which is the same thing in a round about way.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
AkaDad said:
I was trying to get the "Mile High Club" achievement in COD 4. You have less than a minute to save a hostage on the second floor of an airplane while being on Ludicrous difficulty. Half the time my AI squad would just hang back and watch how fast I could die. I swear I heard them laughing at me.
Tango down at section 1 alpha.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Dwarf Fortress.

"Oh, wow! He's actually not dying! Quick, spawn EXACTLY the thing he's not prepared to fight!"

Dec 14, 2008
Being attacked by very well armed desert bandit gangs again, and again in this one area, in Mount & Blade. There was atleast 7 bands of them guarding a major city over a wide enough area that youu couldn't get past them.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Doom hates you. It is the R Lee earney of videogaming. It sneaks up behind you, gives you a wedgie big enough to make you reach the high notes in bohemian rhapsody, and then shouts at you for being such a pathetic piece of sh*t not to see that coming.

But doom 2...doom 2 starts every day with a punch to a babies face. It then eats your beloved first pet for breakfast while you watch. Then it cheerfully departs from it's evil fortress in the part of hell even the devil won't enter to kill everyone you ever knew or loved, with the sole intention of leaving you as a broken mess.

I love both those games...but they both like to say f*ck you alot.