A game says f*** you

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
First time I failed one of the shadow realm challenges to free a golem in Darksiders the watcher was like "That was pitiful..." I wanted to smack him and make him do the challenge since he's soooo smart.

Eddy-16

Jan 3, 2011
L4D2 seem to do this to me online, When my team are the survivors you can't even move for zombies, but when the other team are the humans theres like none.

Rhymer

Jan 25, 2011
Dwarf Fortress, always.

With the cats and the goblins and the giant eagles and the nobles and the forgotten beasts and the magma and the maisma and the HFS and the tantrum spirals and, well, fucking Dwarf Fortress.

God, I love that game.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Monxerot said:
Minecraft:
Exploring Cave complex
i carry with my diamond riches and iron, coal galore
no porkchops left or anything to eat
1 armor left and 1 heart left
*hears a cow moo and a chicken*
aaah soon freedom
*hears SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*
....fuck
If you want to know danger,
or face something unique.
Then you'll see nothing stranger
than this phallic physique.

Creepers walk upright,
not on two legs, but four.
They will spend all night
camping... outside of your door.

They have green skin (or fur?)
thanks to crazy designers.
They're wild saboteurs,
always blowing up miners.

Do they do reproduction?
One cannot be sure.
Do they end in destruction
without making more?

No spawning of young.
They don't hatch from a den.
They don't eat. (Or make dung.)
And I think they're all men.

They don't seem to grow.
They don't make an abode.
Their life-cycle runs so:
They are born, then explode.

They are the least harmless,
in all of the lands.
They run around armless,
and lacking in hands.

Fear them by night.
And fear them by day.
If you want to live right.
Then stay out of their way.

Do not disrespect them.
Double-check your bedroom.
When you least expect it:
"SHIT NO", KA-BOOOOOM.

OT: Left 4 Dead's "direcor" can be really mean at times.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Cid SilverWing said:
Harbinger_ said:
Alot of the time when I play TF2 and for some reason 4 direct rocket hits don't kill an opposing heavy.
There's a reason you Shoot The Medic First [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShootTheMedicFirst].

I would have to say the Mental Omega fan-mod for C&C RA2 Yuri's Revenge. When you capture an oil derrick, the AI gets PISSED and sends all of its airforce for THAT derrick. This is ignoring the fact that the AI always starts out wiping out your starting tanks and ore miners PERSISTENTLY from the start.
People keep talking about a medic. There was no medic.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
All the time. I merely reply "Yeah? Fuck you, too!" and not rest until I have beaten it.

Sangnz

Oct 7, 2009
Ruby and Emerald Weapons from FF VII, seriously Emerald Weapons Aire Tam Storm is one of the biggest fuck you moments in the game and Ruby Weapons ability to just randomly remove one of the party members is just a total cock slap.

William Fleming

Mar 6, 2011
One thing that comes to mind is the Civilization series, the computer ALWAYS cheats

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheComputerIsACheatingBastard (Civilization has it's own section)

William Fleming

Mar 6, 2011
Just remembered the original Ninja Gaiden, the AVGN video basically shows the what you have to deal with:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/61549

I think the original trilogy is much more harder than the newer ones (put it this way, I beat the newer ones and suck at the original trilogy)

Suomimaster

Mar 19, 2008
X-Com:Apocalypse. Those brainsuckers, 1-hit killers, first enemies you encounter, they are small creatures AND they are used as ammunition so they move long distances, but robots are immune to their brainsuck.

Also Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, but we want them to hurt us because we love it!

xXCrocmonXx

Apr 16, 2009
Digimon World 2. Saved before going into a friggin' thirteen floor hell-hole of a domain where there were wild Digimon beating my face in. Suddenly, I make it to the home stretch before the boss. I healed up, puckered my asshole, and went in with a party so pampered up and healed that I may as well have spawned there at the start.

Then suddenly, ten steps away from the boss room, I confront some other tamer who decides he wants to fight me. Then, after that slight annoyance, his sister (I'm not even joking at this, his friggin' sister Joy-Joy) wanted to duke it out. Now my Digimon are a little worn, and the medic of the three-man team was out of MP. Terrific. Went into the boss, everyone except the medic got wiped out. Shot revive disks, then as soon as that was over the medic died. The two heavy-hitters were at half HP, with almost no MP.

Mega Heal my ass.

EDIT: Halo 2's lack of being able to use the Wraith mini-turrets. That was the game slapping me with its dick.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
TheEndlessSleep said:
iLikeHippos said:
All the fucking time in, say, any FPS Campaign where you can be 1-shotted, EVEN IF there's only one possible occurrence that may happen.

You can take Flashpoint; Dragon Rising for instance. In that game, you can, by any weapon, at any distance, at any time, be 1 shotted as a bullet flies through the air and hits you on the head. Otherwise, they just miss you 80% of the time. The other 20% it's either your head, and/or your limbs.

So, you run, run, run some more, run, shoot some asshole, repeat. Than, after 25 min, and you're almost seeing the end of the chapter, you're insta-killed. By a simple shot.

... Than you've got to re-do the whole thing all over again.
I'm going to assume that you've never played a flashpoint game before.
That's kind of the point; the hyper-realism stuff.

I agree with you; that game does fuck you over alot, but then again, it's not a shooter - it's a war simulator, and war is pretty much just a big middle finger to anybody involved in it.

PS: That can't happen in ANY FPS - just flashpoint, due to the realism aspect. Fuck, even in COD the snipers in single player on veteran are a 2-hit kill so you have a chance to see it coming.
Nah, I usually take my time to plan or try attempting some strategics, and not run in guns blazing; Just like the game wants me to play.
But still, I am never immune to random gunfire that whoops through the air, and I can progress slowly but safely until that one shot just flies and hits me in the head.
Than I get impatient, attempt to rush things, and get 1 shotted by the FIRST mothereffer that gets in sight.
... It's just easier to roll a dice at certain times I found.

Also, I double dare you on Halo and NOT get your ass whopped by an insta-killing melee hit or a Wraith shooting a large dose of plasma that you won't bother recognizing since it flows down slow, so you could just take your time going to the side. But when the Wraith got super-GPS-intelligent-tracker-position cannon that you don't, he'll shoot in the air until you're busy for the merest 10 seconds, and than head-shot you with enough plasma to burn down a tank...
OR, you decide "Fuck your Wraith, *****!" and decide to head over, there's a reasonable chance there's guys defending it, so they either distract you until the Wraith shoots you dead with a supportive machine gun turret and/or large barrage of plasma, or they shoot you as you head directly for the Wraith, killing you in the progress... Although I've played the game a lot now, so I don't fail... as often.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
iLikeHippos said:
All the fucking time in, say, any FPS Campaign where you can be 1-shotted, EVEN IF there's only one possible occurrence that may happen.

You can take Flashpoint; Dragon Rising for instance. In that game, you can, by any weapon, at any distance, at any time, be 1 shotted as a bullet flies through the air and hits you on the head. Otherwise, they just miss you 80% of the time. The other 20% it's either your head, and/or your limbs.

So, you run, run, run some more, run, shoot some asshole, repeat. Than, after 25 min, and you're almost seeing the end of the chapter, you're insta-killed. By a simple shot.

... Than you've got to re-do the whole thing all over again.
I'm sorry, but it looks like you're playing a modren day, "Realistic" FPS.

In what world is it realistic to get shot in the face and not die.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl I had no mekits or bandages and only 1 more clip in my AK (that was jamming every time)I kill 3 enemies I am about to leave the area and right in front of me 4 soldiers spawn and almost kill me.
I was able to kill them and from no where this guys just comes running to me and kills me with one shot... RAGEEE!!

Woeps

Oct 18, 2010
As a player I have a hate/love relationship with these kind of games.
But I'm never really mad at the programmers/developers, because even in a small casual business as the one I'm working in it pretty hard to avoid those kind of things if your under a lot of pressure.

Plus if you do beat the mechanic/game I always feel like a demigod

OT, I had this with certain hard AI's in C&C Generals

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Mine's the final boss of FF3, the Cloud of Darkness. Kicked Xande sideways round the face, and then had to beat four more minibosses before I had to face the biggest health-tank I've ever seen.
This is true, I had to level grind for a while, but after a fair amount of grinding it couldn't even hope to beat my level 99 warrior, level 77 dragoon, level 76 black belt, level 75 white magus combo. Critical hits for well over 10,000 damage feel good...

I've been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon recently, how are you meant to beat a Dialga with a combination of Pikachu and Mudkip?

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Burnout 3 so many times you take them out they are back in seconds they take you out can take laps to regain youre place `you are 34 seconds behind wtf 1 perfect boost lap later you are 35 seconds behind` are you messing with me?
Puzzle Quest (the original) when the a.i would match 3 skulls then more would fall suddenly they have matched 5 skulls got another turn repeat max mana lock you out and game over, damn game I had the last laugh though being able to beat anyone in one turn as a warrior was sweet revenge.
Oh and the top of that magic tower in FFVI and end boss in FFIII you not taken the proper and probably unknown (1st time around) precautions well you are going to be looking at a game over screen with the last save point an hour or so back.