A game setting that hasn't been done?

Du Jour Jaricho

Aug 10, 2009
VanQQisH said:
Spaceman_Spiff said:
Probably child soldiers, something tells me that that is where the next Modern Warfare game is heading.
Child soldiers was done in Clive Barker's Jericho.
*Ahem*

This is a spoiler to the game Metal Gear Solid 2. In fact, stating that MGS2 is somehow connected to "child soldier" is a spoiler in itself. You have been warned.

Jack himself was a child soldier, and in fact his full "name" is: Jack the Ripper. Also Ocelot tricked everyone.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Purgatory, Heaven, jurasic times, neanderthal times, inside internet or other computer program system thing, mud-world, could go on but having some trouble

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
A fantasy world where you control a loveable bear wearing yellow shorts and a blue backpack that contains his best friend, a wisecracking bird.

...What? It was done? And it was fucking great?

What a world we live in.

How about a true zombie apocalypse. Not L4D, where you control a group of people travelling linear corridors to some target. A GTA style setting where there truly is nothing left other than zombies and the occasional survivor.

I know this is essentially Dead Rising, but I'd prefer to see this on a larger scale. Something a bit more sandboxey.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Spaceman_Spiff said:
Probably child soldiers, something tells me that that is where the next Modern Warfare game is heading.
Sure, if the next Modern Warfare will be set in Uganda, and presumeably have a final boss fight with Joseph Kony.

Anyway, I'd like to see a game set in a space station vacation resort, might make a good place for a Dead Space game to take place.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
UberLemonBoy said:
or being a janitor
Not played MDK1 & 2?

Although there ain't much cleaning in that game, I'll give it that.

I was thinking of suggesting the English countryside, but then again I don't think Fox Hunting Simulator would go down well.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
LordNue said:
BNguyen said:
The first two you got me.
shadyh8er said:
Actually, there was recently an adventure game released set in Heaven.

It's title? Heaven.

http://www.heaventhegame.com/

blindthrall said:
tjcross said:
a setting that hasn't been done 2 homosexual action heros have to well do anything...
Army of Two or Gears of War.
XD

Ultratwinkie said:
a retirement home.
I can actually seeing that being quite an entertaining simulation/ sim game if done in the same sense of humour as Beach Life.

Nick Holmgren

Feb 13, 2010
godzilla494 said:
A game where there is only a backstory and you can do virtually anything (and i mean ANYTHING)
A well done D&D campaign. There are some limits but those are based on the DM you have.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
apelsz said:
Chiefmon said:
A true utopia. No crime, no conflict.
Exactly, but the only problem with that is that it would create problems. What plot would it have? What could you do?
You answered your own question.

tjcross said:
a setting that hasn't been done 2 homosexual action heros have to well do anything. there done doesn't matter were why or how as long as there are two homosexuals guys as the main characters (and by main i mean you play them and games that let you choose don't count) then it hasn't been done (bonus points if they aren't stereotypical)
edit: DOH wrong thing let me think in a french war there we go
Army of Two

Edit: Ninja'd

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Vitor Goncalves said:
An RPG in stone Age, if there is one, I would like to try it.
Chrono Trigger ventured into the stone age. :)
Earthbound had a Jurassic area.

may not be devoted to the setting, but the setting is there. ;)