A question for non-Americans!

Greg Modesto

Jan 22, 2011
canadian sports fan:

most all of my friends are and i will pay attention if its close in the 4th ...
football for me wrapped in november when the CFL(Canadian Football League, runs july-november) ended and its been all hockey since ...
but the superbowl is still a pretty deal because all other sports in North America stops for the day.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I've got a question, how many would go to the yearly NFL game at Wembly [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_International_Series]?

they can't all be American tourists in the stands

Xcelsior

Jun 3, 2009
I tried to watch it when it was on here a few years ago on channel 5, too stop start and too fucking long. By 3am I gave up and went to bed.

hellswarmglow

Mar 12, 2010
The large majority of the world believes football involves a round ball, much like a soccer ball, and the use of feet. As a brand-new American, my only concern for the Superbowl is the creativity of the commercials shown in between the sport itself. If forced to care, then, Go Steelers!

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
I am in Ireland, and watching it on the BBC.
Let's go Packers!

We don't get much American Football here (if at all) so I;m pretty happy, even though my Chemistry exam is tomorrow morning, and this will be on 'till 3 :p

And I'm Irish xD

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Alucard 11189 said:
Can't watch it as it finishes at 4 in the morning and I have to be up for 9 so I need some sleep. However, I am rooting for the Greenbay Packers. I might be from Britain but I love American football (as well as ice hockey). I actually went to see the Nottingham varsity american football match between Nottingham university Outlaws and Nottingham Trent university Renegades and loved every minute of it.
The Packers are up for now.

Shade02

Nov 18, 2009
Don't see the big deal really. Not a sports fan to begin with tbh

Thing that always bothered me about american sports was the baseball event, the "World Series". Being america is the only participating country, yet not the only one that play it professionally, the title "World" confuses me.

SCAFC Chimp

Jan 6, 2010
Yep, always try to watch it, although I'm likely to fall asleep. Despite it being an American sport, I prefer it so much over rugby, although I'd rather watch football, F1, or boxing

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
I don't really care...but GO PACK GO!

...My favourite youtube commentator is a Packers fan, so meh, I'll back them. Know jack all about the sport though; only that you hardly use your feet;D

Wes1180

Wes1180
Jul 25, 2009
I won't be, I don't care about and I guess I wouldn't care about it if I were American either I mean I don't care about football (everyone but America's football) either.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I regard Superbowl as what it truly is: It's not about football as much as it is about basically Christmas for the Marketing Department.
Companies pay out the nose to get commercial space there because the viewership is so high, which results in lower cost spent per view.

Did you know it can cost as much as $3200 per frame for a commercial in those timespaces?

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
What, watch the Superbowl when there's a Top Gear marathon?!
Hell no.
I love Top Gear, and not because I'm British.
I'm Bulgarian, and I've never cared for Football

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Merkavar said:
maybe if the super bowl was a real sport. like one that was played and finished in under 3 hours and the players werent covered in wussy armour from head to toe it might be worth watching
call this man a wussy to his face

go ahead I mean he wears pads so he can't be that tough right?

Stevey M

Technobabbler
Feb 11, 2009
I won't be watching it but I know a lot of people who do plan to. Lots of pubs around here showing it and doing all night food and such.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
No I won't be. I don't really care for it. The only sport I really watch is football/soccer. Anyone who says that (football/soccer) is boring should watch the Arsenal vs Newcastle game that was played on Saturday. Unbelievable game!

Endocrom said:
I've got a question, how many would go to the yearly NFL game at Wembly [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_International_Series]?

they can't all be American tourists in the stands
I don't believe I'd be interested in it all that long to be honest. It took me 3 re-watches of that video to figure out why those spectators were cheering - it was a pretty good feint.