A question to women

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Well, I don't really dress to attract that kind of attention, it's definitely the kind of attention that is unwanted, unattractive, and downright tacky in my book. That being said, I do notice when men are leering, sometimes I guess, and it does put me ill-at-ease. First off, because I don't seek out that kind of thing, and second, because I don't enjoy being considered solely for my physical attributes.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
intheweeds said:
AngloDoom said:
intheweeds said:
-SNIP-
I feel like everything your describing here is just the 'checking out' stuff that I don't have a problem with. Quickly glancing and looking away is exactly people controlling themselves. I'm talking specifically about the 'breast stare'. When your talking to a guy and you have to stop because he hasn't heard a word you've said in the last two minutes, or the woman earlier in the thread who described the guy who stared for 30 feet down a hall and then turned his head as she passed. Guys who claim this is just an uncontrollable urge because tits are so hot. Honestly women who claim they can't control it either I feel the same way about. Women who stare at sexual organs creepily are just as guilty.

I'm a gay woman, don't get me wrong I know exactly what its like to have to talk to a woman who has hot tits up in your face the whole time. It's the guys who claim they 'can't control staring' I have a problem with. Yes you can control it. People do it all the time. I do it all the time. To me 'staring' and 'looking' are two very different things. I was trying to get that across in my edit.
Ah, well I am in total agreement with you then. Sorry, I have indeed misconstrued your point. People talking to breasts is entirely different than repetitive glancing. That said, I have noticed that - as a general sweeping statement - that if a woman finds the guy staring at her breasts attractive she won't mind but will often be complimented. However, a glance from a guy they deem as 'ugly' will often be enough for them to get up in their face, throw them a disgusted look, or better yet cling to their boyfriend's arm and whisper something in their ear.

That said, all bets are off if a women seems only to be covered by some crazy anti-gravity bra, covers their breasts in glitter, and makes a point of leaning forward at all times during conversation. While I personally make a point of never staring down their top to make a point of "Ha! I'm above your womanish trickery!" because I'm awkward, I wouldn't judge a guy or girl for staring simply because, hey, they want attention.

Sep 14, 2009
martyrdrebel27 said:
Astoria said:
Well I don't really dress in a way that makes them obvious so I don't think guys really look. If it's just a quick glance it doesn't bother me but if they're staring for a while it's annoying.
i can promise, they do. maybe not as much as if they were hanging out, but they still do.

EDIT: just for fun, try this once, wear DARK sunglasses while talking to a guy, whether its a cashier, a coworker, or just a random guy. maintain direct eye contact the entire time. when a guy isn't sure if you're looking or not, he'll still most likely take his chances. i guarantee most of them will drop their eyes at least once. especially if the shirt is at all revealing.
that's not fair...it's not my fault my eyeballs magnetization are inversely proportional to the amount of clothes that are covering her boobs.

OT: Every guy, whether he realizes it or not, will take a glance at every chicks boobs, honestly i do it without even realizing it at every single random chick i walk by, does that mean i'm interested? hell no, i just like lookin at boobs.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
PaganFury said:
I noticed something funny with a female friend of mine... We were out at a bar and an ugly guy was checking her out. She got offended and said what a pig. Later that night a good looking guy was totally staring at her like a shark checks out a tuna. This didn't bother her even a little bit.

So let me ask you ladies how often is it about how attractive the guy is....

If it's Leonardo Dicaprio is it more okay than if its John Goodman?
You shut your whore mouth when you talk about John Goodman like that! The man is a sex god! Why? Because I said so, that's why! joking, joking[small] but seriously...don't bad mouth John Goodman...[/small]
EmperorSubcutaneous said:
My ASSets are elsewhere.

Though it does make it difficult to notice if people are staring...
I do admire a nice ASSet, I don't know, I just find them more attractive than TITular things.

[small]sorry if that was creepy...here's a sleeping kitten.[/small]

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
On the one hand, it is tacky to leer at breasts.

On the other hand, that's kinda how nature evolved men and women. Breasts don't protrude for practical mammary purposes, they protrude to attract mates.

Let's be honest. Some women complain about people leering, and then lean forward on the table with their breasts between their arms... it's a display evolved to attract attention!

Some women could learn to be a little more forgiving of what are natural instincts. Some men could learn to be a little less enslaved to them.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I notice it most of the times. And to be honest, I don't mind them glancing towards it, it is sorta flattering. But don't stare, it is creepy, perverse and it makes me wanna punch something! *Rages*

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
AngloDoom said:
intheweeds said:
AngloDoom said:
intheweeds said:
-SNIP-
Ah, well I am in total agreement with you then. Sorry, I have indeed misconstrued your point. People talking to breasts is entirely different than repetitive glancing. That said, I have noticed that - as a general sweeping statement - that if a woman finds the guy staring at her breasts attractive she won't mind but will often be complimented. However, a glance from a guy they deem as 'ugly' will often be enough for them to get up in their face, throw them a disgusted look, or better yet cling to their boyfriend's arm and whisper something in their ear.

That said, all bets are off if a women seems only to be covered by some crazy anti-gravity bra, covers their breasts in glitter, and makes a point of leaning forward at all times during conversation. While I personally make a point of never staring down their top to make a point of "Ha! I'm above your womanish trickery!" because I'm awkward, I wouldn't judge a guy or girl for staring simply because, hey, they want attention.
And I agree, there are times when a woman is intentionally trying to get people to notice and she is happy when they do. :)

I still think they would be creeped out by too much staring though. I gave my theory about ugly/hot guys staring to another guy above. It is just my theory, but I think there is some truth to it. Not that it really changes anything.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
Acrisius said:
Von Strimmer said:
Acrisius said:
Von Strimmer said:
Acrisius said:
They notice guys. I'm pretty sure they notice... =/
Perfect proile picture for the situation methinks.

On topic who doesn't look? Seriously girls look, guys look you cant just repress your entire genetic purpose for being on this planet :/. I look, just very very very very very very very discreetly.
True! :D

Anyway, if they complain about it, you can just say something like "Hey, it's not my fault you're really, really, really, ridiculously good looking."

And then you give them the Blue Steel...
I like the blue steel idea. However I think if you came back with that response you would either get a stare so withering it would kill flowers, or the man mountain boyfriend would throw you through a wall. Not speaking from personal experience or anything...

Completely off-topic/shameful venting: Theres this girl I want to ask out but I am too timid for such a venture. Damn these mental roadblocks!

captcha: issue overnh... no the issue is not overnh :(
Dude, it's a message from the gods of the internets: You must overnh the issue! OVERNH!!!!

Just go up to her and say you have something to tell her, then do the blue steel. Keep doing it until she wakes up after passing out by the sheer force of such an awesome look. Then ask her if she wants to go catch a movie. I've never done this, and it works EVERY TIME! ISSUE OVERNH!!!

On a more serious note, I can relate. I've basically never asked a girl out, even though I have no problem befriending them. Right now I'm about 50/50 in male/female ratio of friends. Sure, I don't have a lot of friends (I only consider close friends to be friends, other people are just acquaintances or "buddies"), but I still think it says something. I just like to get to know people more before I risk rejection, and I'm also quite picky myself tbh, I won't fancy just anyone. Still, I would like to loosen up a bit on that, and if I find someone I want to ask out, I'll try.

But to overnh this issue, I think we should consider Schroedinger's Cat! Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Failure is only lack of trying! WHERE'S THAT CHOCOLATE CAKE?! etc...

In your case, obviously I don't know the circumstances, but you should just go for it. Just slip it just at the end of an unrelated, but appropriate conversation, and ask her if she wants to get some coffee/food/catch a movie. Whatever. You're not asking her to marry you.

And forgive my weirdness, I've just pulled an all-nighter and I still have a speech to write and then perform in a few hours :p
Mate... You are a God and have made my day! I will take your advice to heart. Time to OVERNH THE ISSUE!

Also good luck and God speed with your speech. I wish you all the best.

buhee

Jul 6, 2010
ajemas said:
I would imagine that they notice, and are just trying to get attention. My experience is very limited, of course, but they seem like those guys that have huge mowhawks, daring people to stare at them. Then again, others seem to genuinely like the attention, be it positive or negative.
Comparing a hair style choice to things that grow on our chests that we have no control over...nice.

We're not flaunting our cleavage if we happen to have some showing, (well at least i'm not, and I know I don't speak for everyone) and we're certainly not saying 'hey look, I have boobs, STARE AT THEM! GIVE ME ATTENTION'.

I notice when guys stare, and I don't like it.
Still, I'm not as bad as a friend of mine. Right through school she got stared at, even in some cases by the teachers (which was outright disgusting) she absolutely hated it and she contemplated having them surgically reduced. She would get girls making catty comments about how they must be fake and guys shamelessly just oggling her. But its ok, because she's asking for the attention by having big boobs?

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
We ALL notice someone who we find hot. This isn't just men or women. If its anything like my own experience I'm sure they noticed many times, but some they just don't noticed because they are not looking at the time.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
It's like an uncontrollable reflex. You see cleavage, you look.
Has happened at the worst possible moments.....

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
Yeah, we notice. I don't like it, but it's the price I pay to put my boobs on display for my boyfriend's viewing pleasure.

live2laugh

Dec 10, 2009
I sometimes notice though usually if I'm either checking the guy out or they're staring. I don't mind though I always just take it as a compliment and move on.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Since men don't seem to notice I exist in general I doubt they are looking.
somehow i think you have self-esteem problems. you are part of the opposite sex, and men will usually (if you have nothing up there) find something else to look at... like your rear, which is less likely to be spotted by you

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
thespyisdead said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Since men don't seem to notice I exist in general I doubt they are looking.
somehow i think you have self-esteem problems. you are part of the opposite sex, and men will usually (if you have nothing up there) find something else to look at... like your rear, which is less likely to be spotted by you
Oh I'm an F cup but for some reason I'm invisible I just figured it was becuase I'm ugly or somthing I dunno. I don't think I'm that bad tbh, I have a symmetrical face and I'm not too fat, but clearly men do. I have kind of just accepted it now. :/

It's not really self esteem problems if I'm just reacting to how other people act.