A Real Animal You Never Want to Meet

WakeTheDead1

Jan 27, 2010
the box jellyfish apparently has the most painful sting known to man, i read a story about a man who got stung then passed out from the pain, but even though he was unconscious he was still screaming...

challenger001

Apr 7, 2010
Eeeeeeh. I have a really big jellyfish phobia, so this would be my nightmare: http://www.witchcityweb.com/img/www.vampired.net/0_jellyfish.jpg

Lion's Mane Jellyfish

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
A Liger. They might be cute as cubs, and beautiful as an animal, but when its got the Genes of a Lion in it and is 1.5x bigger, I'm glad they dont breed in the wild. Those thing's would tear man apart.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
The_ModeRazor said:
Crystalite said:
Best thing you can say about a Polar Bear:
You always see it coming ;-)
It's white.
SNOW IS WHITE.
How do you know if it isn't a pile of snow, but a polar bear?
IT'S EATING YOUR FACE.

Seriously, one of their hunt tactics is to cover their noses (because they're black) and blend in with the snow.
Tat's not true I don't think. i could be wrong but i read it in a QI book.

oh and that thing, It's huge!

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Marmooset said:
I'd say Black Mamba

or Russell's Viper.

The Mamba, because in addition to pumping a rhino's worth of venom in a single bite, it is very aggressive, and will try to bite you several times.
The Russell's because the bite is necrotic, and rots skin and muscle.
aaw, but that top one look's freindly, and happy!

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
The candiru fish or otherwise known as, the fish that swims up your stream of urine and into your penis ... i think i win but i really wish i didnt have too

Extraintrovert

Jul 28, 2010
My number one on the list of creatures to avoid is either a Blue Ringed Octopus or a Sea Wasp. The former are tiny, but are so obscenely poisonous that even if one has the antidote in their hand they still might not survive if they are bitten by it. The latter is even smaller, almost invisible and only slightly less deadly.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Steel_crab said:
I saw one of these in fucking Australia. Second most venomous and number one most dangerous to meet snake in the world. Venomous number one, the Fierce snake, is shy and runs away from humans. This fucker'll have his teeth in your ankle if you step into his patch, no questions asked.
Magical things called boots.

Speaking from experience, boots 30 : Snakes 0

Nephilium

Oct 29, 2009
People keep mentioning Australia so i figured id leave this here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWFGd1nMa1A

Edit: I fail at embeding

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
An animal I wouldn't want to meet in it's natural habitat.... That would have to be a chimpanzee. They are incredibly scary in my opinion. I don't even find them that interesting as an animal either... >>' Give my a giant spider (Please! I love bugs... xD) or even Crocodile. Just not a primate.

The creature is too human in my opinion. Using tools and starting fights between other groups of chimpanzees. Just knowing that they could easily over power me in an instant if it felt like it. Considering how aggressive they can get, that wouldn't be too unlikely. Plus the noises they make... They are sooo annoying... ><

Mammon

Jan 20, 2010
How about the Colossal squid? the largest squid in the world with tentacles like theese:

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
RhombusHatesYou said:
similar.squirrel said:
[http://img171.imageshack.us/i/67772251.png/]

Inland Taipan, I believe. I have an inexplicable snake phobia [inexplicable, because I live in Ireland], and this one seems to be the nastiest of the lot.
I could make your phobia totally explicable and send you a box of inland taipans. If a package arrives labelled "Definitely not full of highly venomous snakes" that'll be it. The label is just to get it past customs.

Oddly enough the wiki page of Inland Taipans says "Although highly venomous, it is very shy and reclusive, and prefers to escape from trouble, biting only if threatened," which I can tell you from personal experience is a load of old bollocks. They're bad tempered, paranoid and will chase you for shit and giggles.
Beautiful animals nonetheless. I frequently have nightmares about Coral Snakes as well, for some reason.
Not entirely sure where this comes from, since I have no problem with the idea of highly venomous insects. In theory, anyhow. I'm not building hornet-beards or anything, you understand.

Firoth

Jul 14, 2010
Komodo Dragon. If it even drools on you, you're gonna get an infection because it's saliva has about 57 types of bacteria as well as it's own venom. Normally it ambushes you, bites you with an impressive force for its size leaving a deep wound that infects immediately, then stalks you as you weaken from infection and slowly die of blood loss.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
The_ModeRazor said:
For me, well, I really fucking hate spiders, but I'm more scared of a T-Rex. Shame it's long extinct.
For something a little more real (that I could possibly meet, since ************ also lives in Hungary), you don't want this thing charging at you:
No f-ing way. That thing probably voted Jobbik.
Knew there was another reason I'm glad for not living in Hungary any more.

Stuntcrab

Apr 2, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
Velvo said:
For me, it would have to be giant-ass spiders. I don't even want to go searching for an image I hate them so bad.
You mean the Goliath Birdeater spider?

This wee fella here?

Soooo fuzzilly kyoooot
OH GOD Put that damn thing in a spoiler for gods sake aah jeeze

rebus_forever

Jan 28, 2009
CNKFan said:
A badger. Sure they look all cute and huggable but they will go batshit crazy and maul you to death.

a honey badger scarey mo fos, was actually a honey badger that shot jfk, theyre mean