A Real Animal You Never Want to Meet

Mar 30, 2010

I can't decide whether Aye Ayes are freakishly ugly or kinda cute. My initial reaction was something along the lines of "Oh my God! Get it away from me!!" but the more I see them the more I think "Daaw, look at the little fella..".

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Shark too, they're probably my greatest fear and phobia. Any water predator that can harm/kill a human in fact, I just fucking hate even the thought of it cause there's fuck-all you can do, any water creature can outswim you and they're all far more agile than a human in the water.

And I hold no awe for sharks, they're stupid creatures that just eat anything in their way that just happen to have a good mechanic for detecting blood.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Grouchy Imp said:

I can't decide whether Aye Ayes are freakishly ugly or kinda cute. My initial reaction was something along the lines of "Oh my God! Get it away from me!!" but the more I see them the more I think "Daaw, look at the little fella..".
When it starts saying that it wants its Precious, it's time to bash it's skull in with a shovel.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
similar.squirrel said:
The_ModeRazor said:
For me, well, I really fucking hate spiders, but I'm more scared of a T-Rex. Shame it's long extinct.
For something a little more real (that I could possibly meet, since ************ also lives in Hungary), you don't want this thing charging at you:
No f-ing way. That thing probably voted Jobbik.
Knew there was another reason I'm glad for not living in Hungary any more.
The pig in that photo was shot in the US by an 11 year old kid.

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
captaincabbage said:
Camel spiders
and what it can do with its bite

need I say more?
Apart from the fact that it's not a camel spider bite.

Camel spiders aren't spiders at all, they have too many legs (10 or 6, 2 more or 2 less whatever I believe) and their bite isn't venemous.

The picture you linked of the bite is from a spider with a necrotic venom, I can't name one at the moment but I do know that camel spiders aren't venemous.

On topic: Box Jellyfish.

The thing has almost invisible tentacles that can kill you in 3 minutes. Yay.

On land, probably a honey badger.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
A fuckload of Hobo Spiders. In a dark cave. Look up some pictures, they can do some real shit to your skin, sometimes causing a need for amputation. I am fascinated yet terrified of spiders, and I am also petrified of the fear of losing a limb or sense. I just wouldn't be able to tolerate it. A pretty big, poisonous spider that's poison if injected via bite may need you to lose a limb, fuck I'm getting scared typing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kDWvianWWo
Though wierdly, after watching this I want a pet spider in a glass bottle now.

deckai

Oct 26, 2009
Pretty much every endoparasite in existence. Sure there may be more dangerous or deadly animals, but the mere thought of living things inside my body that try to slowly "eat" me alive freaks me out...*shrug*

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
RhombusHatesYou said:
Aloran said:
Camel spiders aren't spiders at all, they have too many legs (10 I believe) and their bite isn't venemous.
8 legs, 2 pedipalps.

They're arachnids but from a different suborder to spiders.
Well, they're still not technically spiders. Arachnids yes, spiders no.

RhombusHatesYou said:
Aloran said:

You're scared of an animal that can be defeated using only pantyhose and vinegar?
Well, the fact that the venom takes 3 minutes (ish) to kill you, and in that time you'll be going into shock, it's all circumstantial as to whether you'll survive or not.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Aloran said:
captaincabbage said:
Camel spiders
and what it can do with its bite

need I say more?
Apart from the fact that it's not a camel spider bite.

Camel spiders aren't spiders at all, they have too many legs (10 I believe) and their bite isn't venemous.

The picture you linked of the bite is from a spider with a necrotic venom, I can't name one at the moment but I do know that camel spiders aren't venemous.

On land, probably a honey badger.
What are you trying to prove?

So it doesn't have any venom, I don't care, just keep it the fuck away from me.

Also, good choice on the Box Jellyfish, the top reason why I hate the ocean.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
captaincabbage said:
What are you trying to prove?
Camel spiders at their largest have a 12cm leg span. That's under 5" in the old money. That's not a very big for a spider or spider-like critter at all... but keep in mind I'm Australian so my concept of what a 'big spider' is may well be different to yours.