A sad day for humanity or at least the public image of these women.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
well at least she has a good probability of getting a life sentence plus for her actions though with the united states being as corrupt as it is she may not

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Korak the Mad said:
I agree with you fully.

I support freedom of speech, I'm glad we have it, but not when it's used in such a way that is offensive to almost everyone who hears it. People should know when to censor themselves, especially when discussing a topic such as this.

They have the right to say what they want, but it doesn't mean they should.
Pre-cisely my good man ^___^ I particularly like your closer there:
Korak the Mad said:
They have the right to say what they want, but it doesn't mean they should.
That should be the mantra right here, people.
It's a tool, not a weapon.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Irridium said:
Dude... what the fuck?

Holy shit that is just... fuck man I don't even know. I hope the girl gets fucking destroyed in the courts. You get pissed friends staying over(or whatever) so you cut off his dick? Holy shit that's messed up.

And then there's those women are essentially joking about the whole thing. And some Women are actually defending this person.

What. The. Fuck.
re-read this and you got my post
no really i agree what.the.fuck

Indeterminacy

Feb 13, 2011
RanD00M said:
Now Escapists, what is your opinion on the matter, and do you think that women on "The Talk" should be punished in some way, no matter how major or minor.
"Punished"? What is this, Grade-school?

If people agree with them or find what they say interesting, they'll continue. If people find it objectionable, they will get feedback to that effect and the show may or may not issue a retraction or clarification, and they may find a consequential hit to their viewing figures.

But aggressive moralising has no place in media broadcasting even before you get to freedom of speech issues. You can choose not to broadcast something if you want, or to run public standards to facilitate adherence to agreed codes of conduct as part of a broadcasting licence. Maybe what was broadcast may be shown to violate contracts of some sort. But active retribution against what is published on the grounds of "decency" is just value imposition, and has no place in a democratic society.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Freedom of speech is important, but this is stimulating hatred. In my country this wouldn't be allowed. At first I thought it wouldn't be this bad, but it really was. We all make assumptions and we often laugh at other peoples pain. But this is just plain sick.
So yes this show or whatever should be fined, the fine should be so high that they'll seriously consider to stop the show. Mass media like telivision and newspapers are a tool way to powerfull to go unregulated.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Uh...

Shouldn't she be charged for assault, assault with a deadly weapon, sexual assault, etc?

I don't give a damn about what whoever said on The Talk, they should be able to say whatever they want.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
keideki said:
it is all about shock and awe. They make it out to be funny so that people will respond to it. In reality, taking a criminal action like torture and making it into a joke is not funny. And the thing is, if the roles had been reversed, and it was a man torturing a woman for wanting a divorce it would have be condemned by this same set of people.
Thats what I hate about modern culture, if a Man hurts a girl hes the worst guy on earth, but a women can rape and torture a guy and its funny. Women don't need more rights, Men need rights.
The whole story is disgusting.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Er... bitches gonna *****?

Don't ever pay attention to those types of shows. Those are the worst kind of people. I've been working for years to get anyone I see that watches them to stop.

Aunts, all of them.

... Whoop, typo there...

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Wuggy said:
I don't really have an opinion on this situation but I have to answer to one thing you said:

RanD00M said:
]And before someone goes on a rant about freedom of speech I only have one thing to say, is common decency not a little more important than freedom of speech.
No. It isn't. They're in their full right to be idiots, and there's nothing you can or should be able to do about it.
I agree with RanDOOM common decency is a lot more important of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech only has signficant value as a weapon against oppression. The right to be a total idiot and asshole has little value, and should carry little weight in matters like these. Here the woman are speaking in such a hateful maner that it has degrated to hate-mongering.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
NOTE: I'm told I'm ridiculously thick-skinned compared to most of the population, so my views here might be a bit biased against the idea of someone being "wrong" to say what they're thinking without fear of offending. I'm not trying to say it's fine for women to be abusive, just that it seems foolish to let your indignance speak in place of logic.
There are two human responses to bad things, (I think) laughter and tears. Some prefer the former as there's less of a cleanup afterward. I'm a male and don't find their laughing offensive at all. I don't find much of anything funny about it unless the victim was a man-whore or something, (for the same reason it might be funny to see an olympic runner's legs cut off, an ironic joke for a few minutes at least) but what would you have them do, feign sympathy for the sake of appearance? Lie about their thoughts to avoid offending you? What if whatever they say in cover offends someone else?
You know how some say "Merry Christmas" in december and are met with indignant, angry people complaining about how "insensitive" it is to wish someone well, but not in the way they'd prefer? That's pretty much how it would be, I figure.

"Common decency" varies from culture to culture, I'm pretty sure, Japan (if memory serves) has much less of a problem with the sight of bare skin than most of the United States, does that make them "indecent" or is it Americans for making a big deal of it in the first place?

I laugh at Holocaust jokes, I'd be an insane wreck of person if I couldn't. I'm fully aware that what those put in concentration camps went through is probably the greatest tragedy in the history of mankind and the reason killing nazis is always ok, but should I automatically break down in tears (an understandable response, maybe, but not practical for going on with one's life) every time I think about the ovens, the medical experiments, and the pointless cruelty?
If I see an old person falling down a flight of stairs, (and it is, for whatever reason, beyond my ability to stop his/her tumbling) I'll laugh, then try to help them, not act as though their pain is the equivalent of the innocents being murdered/raped/put to work in sweatshops every day around the world OR sit there mocking them. Neither extreme seems right to me. It seems some of you are letting your feelings at the thought of losing your reproductive organs get the better of you, kind of like the garbage disposal lady let her feelings get the better of her.
[sub]My posts have been longer than intended recently...[/sub]

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
oooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH THIS MAKES ME ANGRY
"HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE."

I won't vent too badly here, but my god that is disgusting. Yes they just want controversy and publicity, but god damn that is not something you joke about. And unless the guy is going around raping people, that punishment...bahh.

Indeterminacy

Feb 13, 2011
LaughingAtlas said:
Seemed no longer or shorter than it needed to be to me. Though in summary, "you've gotta laugh, 'coz shit happens, and taking it too seriously kills you inside".

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Indeterminacy said:
LaughingAtlas said:
Seemed no longer or shorter than it needed to be to me. Though in summary, "you've gotta laugh, 'coz shit happens, and taking it too seriously kills you inside".
YES! That is my post in a handy one-liner.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
What in the motherfucking shit?

This is sick, I mean, I'm a girl, but what the fuck is this? What is that woman's problem, what in the world was going through her head when she did that? No one deserves castration like that, man or woman, criminal or not, this is not fine in any way, shape or form.

Its not.

This isn't anywhere near funny, this is fucking awful.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
http://youtu.be/baExtaIhP8g
Freedom of speech covers this bullshit. As long as they aren't inciting others to commit violence, all we can do is raise a big stink and never watch those bloodthirsty witches ever again.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
hopefully Osbourne will at least gets pushed to issue an apology.

this is a day time talk show and ppl have been fired for a lot less.

Doctor Glocktor

Aug 1, 2009
Meatramen said:
Nothing is holy or sacred, the women on the show have all the right in the world to laugh and make jokes. You may find it tasteless but I bet you have all said something or laughed about something many people find tasteless aswell.

I can say that when I read about the story, I kinda cringed since it is an awful thought but after that cringing feeling, I laughed my ass off. :p IT IS FUNNY! Kinda like abortion, it is extremly funny.
Oh my God, you're right.

A guy got horrifically disfigured and will never be able to have a physical relationship with a woman again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH