A sad day for the escapist, as we have lost a dear friend

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Alas the world is a cruel place. At least she isnt suffering anymore.

Did the person who caused the accident survive/be arrested?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I remember some of Kortney's post, though I had never really got to know Kortney personally.

Still, it's a damn shame she had to go the way she did. There's not really much I, or anyone else, can say about this situation. It's a tragedy, but there's nothing we can do about it now but remember her for her actions.

R.I.P Kortney.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
I nearly always disagreed with her views. . But I am truly sad that this person is gone and I give my condolences to her and those she had near. For Whatever it is worth.I neither knew her personally. Nor quoted her or was quoted. But I often saw her posts. Shed some tears since I always find it sad to know of people dying. (Those on a forum I frequent anyway- and close in RL) I cannot help but hope being wrong on my opinion about there not being an afterlife when reading stuff like this. Some people dont deserve to die.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Insanum said:
Alas the world is a cruel place. At least she isnt suffering anymore.

Did the person who caused the accident survive/be arrested?
I don't know. But I honestly hardly care now either.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I talked to her a couple of times. Nice lass, my condolences to everyone that knew her well.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Gladion said:
I never knew this person and therefore cannot say something about her other than that I'm sorry for your loss, I just want to say:

Stuff like this does not fucking belong on the fucking internet. I won't say any more things out of respect, as I don't want this to turn into an argument.
"Don't Be a Jerk. This rule trumps any other."

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
I give my condolences to her relatives, friends and everyone who knew her here. Alas, Kortney, I knew ye not.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Gladion said:
I never knew this person and therefore cannot say something about her other than that I'm sorry for your loss, I just want to say:

Stuff like this does not fucking belong on the fucking internet. I won't say any more things out of respect, as I don't want this to turn into an argument.
Yeah actually mate, some of us on here never would have known that this happened unless Hader told us. She was an internet friend/acquaintance of ours; how else are we supposed to find stuff like this out?
Out of respect? Grow up mate. Stop trying to get attention on something like this.
If you have nothing relevant to say, don't comment, and for all that's good don't come on here swearing and acting all big.

Sigh, on topic, I remember seeing her name around the place, and remember seeing her face around.
This is really, really tragic. Especially in such a manner...just goes to show how fragile life can be.
Truly a dark day for us all. Her family and friends are in my thoughts.
Rest in peace.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Kortney and I had this habit of either really disagreeing, and posting very calmly written, yet heatedly different points of view at each other, or agreeing and banding together to do the same to others. She had a way of trashing your point of view without actually insulting your or making you feel stupid - she was respectful in an argument. I have rarely known someone with whom I more enjoyed debating.

I will miss her insight, her arguments, and her presence.

Goodbye, Kortney.

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
Hmm, I do remember her. Well, my condolences to you OP. My heart is with you and all of her other close friends and family.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I didn't know who she was, but it still makes me very sad that someone should die before their time.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I'm sorry if this seems a little inappropriate but, what was her avatar? I normally associate people on here with their avatars, as a habit. I saw on a thread once that a lot of other people here were the same way. So maybe more people would recognize her, if we knew what avatar she went by? (I really do hope that that isn't offensive in any way. If it is let me know and I'll delete this bit immediately.)

Of course, there's no way any of us could have known her better than you, a close friend. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Death is only a new adventure. I wish her well in it.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Not familiar with the user in question, but condolences all the same.

I think you did a good thing by informing us. At the very least, you are providing the information that she'll no longer come here.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
I never spoke to Kortney as far as I remember, though you and any of her friends and family have my sympathies in light of this unfortunate event.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
I have no idea who she is, but I made a joke in the other thread about how beat up the car looked. Now that joke is in bad taste.

Moving on, keep calm, carry on and keep on loving OP, I'm sure that's what she would have wanted! Though from what you said, she may also want you to start flame wars.

May she rest well.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
I don't think i recognize her name as I've only memorized people based on their avatars. I might very well have known Kortney. So I wish her luck in the next life.