A sad day for the escapist, as we have lost a dear friend

The Big Boss

Apr 4, 2011
I don't usually comment on the boards, usually i just read all the headlines and ignore the comments, so i can't say i knew her. Nonetheless this made me feel as sad as any of you, and even more sad at the fact that she was only three years younger than me. It's not fair that someone so young should have to go like that when they had their whole lives in front of them. I'm sorry for her loss.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
*moment of silence in respect of the deceased*
thank you for sharing this with us. Too bad I never knew her.
I hope her deathbed went well, and I hope you get through this well enough. Its never easy when someone you know and love dies.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Damn, man. I... I would say the usual "sorry" stuff, but I... this is probably the hardest Escapist post I've had to write and there's really nothing I can say.

I didn't know her, just like I don't know many of you. I'm sure I saw a post or two, but, you know, Escapist, big community.

Just a year older than me. It wasn't her time to go, but stuff like that happens, it just does for some reason. My condolences, man. That's all I can do.

Sorry.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I don't think I ever saw her around on the forums, but nonetheless, this saddens me. Any age is too young to die in accident, but at 18? That's especially harsh.

Not sure what else to say really. Thanks for letting us know though.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Thumper17 said:
Didn't really know her, but may she rest in peace.

What a way to go,

Here's her last post. Somewhat fitting.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.281878-Regrets#11042917
That is the most depressing thing I've heard in a long time.

Rest In Peace Kortney. You shall be missed.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
My condolences. If there is an afterlife, I pray she has it made.

I've seen her but a few times, yet I still wish you well while coping. I know how it feels to lose a friend.

SaltyOrange

Apr 28, 2011
I didn't know her,but every death is a sad event so her friends and family have my condolences.I don't know what else to say except Rest in Peace.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
i don't think i ever had the pleasure of conversing with her, but i'm very sorry to hear she's gone,

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Sadly her presence has been unnoticed by me, however.

Firstly, a personal thank you to the Mods for sticking this, that's double respect from me.

Secondly, and mainly, I wish her a seat in paradise, I do not believe in god, nor heaven, but I hope it exists. I wish all she has left behind a strangers condolences. I wish the community to give her a great farewell in whatever way they feel to, be it prayer, silence or a mere condolence.

Finally, I take it you know her personally so if you think it'd cheer up some people to know she is missed pass this thread and post onto them.

Much Love
~Mikey & Meggles

Da Chi

Sep 6, 2010
I was offended by her on here. Which is why I will miss her. It's not often people will offend you AND make a point.
She had her opinions and I disagreed. But people like her make discussions meaningful.
As I said, she will be missed.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
I do remember her from the forums, but yeah, I don't really know her much beyond that.

I did notice that her registration date was/is my 15th birthday. I don't know why I'm saying this, but still.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Never known her, but my respects to those that did. A death is always unfortunate.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
I did not know Kourtney but recall seeing some of her posts. She has all of my respect as does her family and friends, along with my condolences.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
I think we may have moved in different circles but I'm sure she had many friends on here and will be missed.

My condolences to all her friends and family.