A sad day for the escapist, as we have lost a dear friend

DaGoomba

Aug 2, 2010
I can't say I remember ever seeing her posts on the forums. You have my condolences nonetheless. I suggest that everyone raise their glass in remembrance.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Penitent said:
Just looking at some of her posts and her bio now. She was a really cool person - very smart, too.
EDIT: This [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.281864.11041373] was one such post that I felt was worth sharing. Impassioned, and yet incredibly rational. Angered, yet polite. I was moved.

EDIT: Gah, I can't figure out how to link to a specific post. Can anyone help me for a sec?

I appreciate that she gave us her time. Thanks for everything, Kortney.
you had an extra closing bracket after the 'url=' there.

i'm not really sure i can adequately express how i feel about this. for now i'm just going to lend a helping hand here and maybe pop back in later if i can figure out what to say.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Never met her before on the forums but I took a look at her comments she posted and I'm disappointed that I missed such a person my heart goes out to her family

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Wow. I never talked to her, but I've seen the avatar and her posts quite a lot. She always struck me as an intelligent, articulate person. And it was always nice to get a female perspective.

That's really sad. I wish the best to her family and friends, yourself included Hader.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
I've probably seen her once in a while, but not too much to really get to know her...

trully tragic for her close ones, and the most I can think of is wishing she would find peace in her existence, what ever it may be...

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
She sounds like a great person, I'm sorry for her families, and your, loss.

It always sucks when it comes to death, but it's good that she's not in pain anymore. She's happier now, and though she may be gone, you'll see her again in the next life.

My sincerest apologies.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I am too new to these forums to really know anyone yet. Regardless of this fact, I wish her family and friends all the best in these trying times. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and am saddened by the death of one so young. RIP Kortney.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
I remember Kortney from a few threads I think on feminism, man she had a brain like a Swiss watch. I believe based on the support so far, she will be missed.

However, according to her birthday info Kortney would be 19 this year. I find this unacceptable. The world insists on letting Robert Mugabe linger like a bad odour, but an intelligent, obviously well loved young woman who's future would be stellar indeed is removed from the Earth. Meaning she was robbed of all she was, and would be: we are poorer for it. Unfair is all that comes to mind

R.I.P. Kortney

Sleep in light, you've earned it.

Racecar1994

Nov 21, 2009
I am one of the people who did not know her, but you have my best wishes.

I would like to say this, if it's any comfort. Death, even if there is no afterlife, is not entirely a bad thing. Sure, it's not exactly a good thing, but when people die, there is no longer any pain or any regrets for them. They simply pass on.

I can only hope this helps.

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
Ah hell, now I´m all depressed. Although I did not see her very often, I still feel sympathy. Whatever she wished she would accomplish in her life, I hope that she completed it before her death.

Vila i frid

(Swedish for Rest in peace

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
A person that I never knew, but always respected. She will be missed dearly, not just by me, but by many here.

A life that shines bright
Walk hand in hand with spirits
Ascend to heaven

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Well ...dammit. I never know what to say in these situations. I'm sorry for your loss (those who knew her) I didn't but losing someone you love is not a adventure I wish on anyone.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
While, I did not know her, I DID see at least one post of hers in a old RP.

Also, Don't read her final post, it's a tearjerker X 10.