A sad day for the escapist, as we have lost a dear friend

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
I unfortunately can`t say I knew her, which from what I`ve seen is a shame since I enjoy discussing opposing points of views with others. :( my condolences to her friends and family.

holy_secret

Nov 2, 2009
There is too much death. The only thing which cannot be avoided.

I hope the ones who care for you will be able to move on. I really hope so.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
My condolences. Deepest regrets to her family and friends.

Thanks for letting us see her profile, it really helped me see the person behind the profile. I think I sparred with her on the forums once but I didn't really know her, but judging by the large amount of posts she will certainly be badly missed.

She had her whole life ahead of her, now it's gone I can't help think what she would have achieved, where she would work, where she would live, who she would know. I don't think anyone will really know the answers so I'll just be sorry she's gone.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Hader said:
zombie711 said:
Wait how do you know she is dead?

strangest recaptcha
Because she was a good friend of mine. I think I made that clear in the OP?

Its just that you made it sound like you were only freinds on the internet but had not met in person.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Macgyvercas said:
Regardless, it's very unfortunate what happened, and my thoughts go out to her family and friends (particularly to her parents. No parent should have to bury thier child).
I do agree, though I know not the feeling of a parent.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
I'm really sorry for your Hader. I did not know her, but I'm sure since she was a member of this site we would have gotten along. You sir are a good friend to do this for her. And I'm glad that a community (on the internet no less) would come together to pay their respects like this. Great Job Everybody! :)

Thumper17

May 29, 2009
Didn't really know her, but may she rest in peace.

What a way to go,

Here's her last post. Somewhat fitting.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.281878-Regrets#11042917

Penitent

Oct 25, 2008
Just looking at some of her posts and her bio now. She was a really cool person - very smart, too.

This [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.281864.11041373] was one such post that I felt was worth sharing. Impassioned, and yet incredibly rational. Angered, yet polite. I was moved.

I appreciate that she gave us her time. Thanks for everything, Kortney.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
That was me that found her post in the Regrets thread-

Phlakes said:
...Her last post was in a thread called "Regrets". It's a good thing she survived, otherwise that would be real damn depressing.
I feel really bad about that now...

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
I never knew her, but I believe I had seen her around. My condolences and respects go out to the family and friends. It's sad when someone dies young.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I didn't know her either but you, her family, and her other friends have my deepest sympathies. I'm so sorry for your loss. R.I.P. Kortney

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
*Sorry, posted something in the wrong place, but I did post my condolences earlier*

EDIT: I think I may have just screwed up my post as my earlier one is nowhere to be found to I'll try say a smaller version of my previous post.

I didn't know her so I won't say that I will personally miss her (not tryna be insensitive, just honest) but its clear from the fact alone that she has a thread dedicated to her memory that she will be missed. I may not have known her but I probably know or recognize some of her friends here on the escapist, so my condolence go out to them.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I'll give my condolences. I recognized her by her Avatar, but I rarely payed much attention. These are sad times on the forums.

But instead of laying down in despair, I will instead try to remain optimistic, and think of the good times. Smooth sailin' Kortney.

Truniron

Nov 9, 2010
I give condolences to all friends and familie. Didn't knew her, but I want give a goodbye by saying:
You are not dead untill you are forgotten.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Damn. That... That's so sad. I'm so sorry.

I didn't know her too well, but from what I saw of her posts, she seemed like a good person. I agreed with most of her views, regardless of how heated they seemed to be expressed. Still, even though that I have not had the privilege to have a conversation with her (or if I did, I'm afraid I don't remember), she will be missed.

Condolences all around. I'm so sorry. May she rest in peace.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
I didn't know her but its never a nice thing when a friend or community member dies.

My condolences to her family and friends.