A series of questions to those who want change in female game roles.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
ElPatron said:
I'm not interested in watching the video because the fact that 'sexy women are bad' is not the argument I'm trying to make. I've showed you how women can still be attractive without being oversexualised and innapropriate for the situation that they are in. The OVER part of oversexualised is important.

Nowhere did I say there was a conspiracy to eliminate good female characters... I do however believe that this resistance to change is detrimental to gaining MORE good female characters.

I want female characters that are not there primarily for eye candy. I want ones that are there to be heroes or villains or whatever.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Ryotknife said:
The other thing is it is very HARD to objectify men visually, you pretty much have to go to an extreme. If a female character shows her legs, breast, butt, vagina, or tummy she is considered objectified. Only sure fire way for a guy to be considered objectified is for him to either show or focus on his penis, even showing his butt is not always a closed case for objectification.
That's not so true. Sure, a gigantic (and functional) schlong will clear any doubts about "manhood" in it's immature sense, but certain traits like muscles and beards alone can be imposing when it comes to "objectification" - but only for men.

On the other hand, Big Boss isn't a "Marcus Fenix"-type juicehead with a rock hard erection capable of putting The Penetrator from Saints Row The Third to shame. But he has an awesome beard and impressive combat and survival skills. Not only that, but he is also intelligent and very selfless.

I think Big Boss is the perfect male power symbol. His dominance over others goes deep into his own superior genetic traits (his DNA was the blueprint to create super soldiers). But nevertheless, he also has traits that would make him a perfect candidate to support a family and raise children.

Since I don't know other videogame characters that could be considered this perfect, I think that Big Boss is possibly the most objectified male character in games.

Moonlight Butterfly said:
I'm not interested in watching the video because the fact that 'sexy women are bad' is not the argument I'm trying to make
And it's not that the argument the video tries to argue against.

I've showed you how women can still be attractive
The attractiveness of a character is not important to the writing and characterization.

without being oversexualised and innapropriate for the situation that they are in. The OVER part of oversexualised is important.
Whether or not it's appropriate or even "over the line" it's your own personal opinion. The ninja with tits hanging out isn't appropriate in the setting? I think that the gameplay is more important than making sense or being appropriate.

I mean, in Saints Row you can be a crime lord that just walks around naked and beats down people with a purple dildo. That's completely unrealistic and inappropriate. Do I care? Heck no.

I want female characters that are not there primarily for eye candy. I want ones that are there to be heroes or villains or whatever.
That's very hard. I consider Jade from BG&E attractive and I could argue that she was designed with "eye candy" in mind despite the good characterization. I could argue the same with Rooney Mara in her role as Lizbeth Salander. Or even What's Her Face from Evanescence.

The only option would be just making them downright ugly by any standards or covering them in burkas, but if we're going to do that we could start by the movie industry first.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Phasmal said:
Eh, I was actually going to address your questions point-by-point, but I have realised from experience that will just lead me to a bunch of dudes quoting me telling me how super wrong I am and there's absolutely no problem no way not ever.
So you create a response just to... troll? If you aren't answering the post its obnoxious to post saying you could but won't.

Phasmal said:
So, I'm just gonna say, yeah, men in games are fantasies too. Power fantasies, but they are also allowed more diversity. There are more massive muscle dudes, fat dudes, ugly dudes, short dudes.
You're almost always a buff, 30-something white dude with brownish hair. There's an image making fun of this. The only fat dude, or short dudes are ones you don't play. They are just as bad a stereo-type as the female ones. And ugly is an irrelevant type as that's a preference issue.

Phasmal said:
This I appreciated. I read two of the three. I hate MMOs so I couldn't care less about it. They make some valid points. The third one is two for four in the correctness issue. The talk about hair and body are irrelevent because the guys are portrayed with similar "flaws".

In particular, they mention flawless hair that never moves. In the era of graphics being this good, the companies want to show off how well they can portray hair. But making it look nice and making it get messed up require different sets of ability that the hardware is capable of. Similarly, the issue with the bodies having flawless skin is more an issue of requiring better graphical fidelity than many companies can/will put in.

The discussion of the breasts and outfits are spot on. They are made to look like whores more often than not.

The other article which refers to Catwoman and Ivy in Arkham City refers to a different issue. The problem I have with them picking on it is that the video game is a portrayal of a different medium. The games are trying to stay true to the source material. In fact, this is the only reason I would ever defend Mortal Kombat's portrayal of Kitana/Mileena. The images of the characters were such nearly 20 years ago when this wasn't an issue. The gore in the game was the big topic of the day.

I also don't think that Mortal Kombat is a good example because everything is overblown out of proportion in that game. It's not trying to be realistic in any real way.

Now Mass Effect 3 is just desperate pandering of EA to the male masses. And it shows how pathetic and how little EA know about people in general. Yes, Bioware made the game but it reeks of EA's philosophy of trying to make more money with it.

Phasmal said:
My advice would be: These conversations are not going away, female gamers (and many male gamers) want more realistic female characters.
As a male gamer, I agree. I hope we see it sooner rather than later.

Conner42

Jul 29, 2009
These discussions are making my god damn head hurt.

Here, before you guys decide to drive me into insanity and....well....God Bless America, let me put it this way.

Guys? Men? The people who are getting SOOOO defensive about everything whenever games get criticized for it's CONSTANT portrayal of women? Let me put it this way.

Imagine if the default kind of male character was somebody like Magic Mike.

Now, to be honest, I haven't seen the movie. But, I remember having a friend who was taking this trip with these different groups, and on the airplane, there was something on the movie screen that was involving Magic Mike, and it was making my friend feel...eh...insecure. And, I remember a forum on this very site on how this guy had a girlfriend, and he was pretty uneasy about going to see Magic Mike for that same exact reason.

Wouldn't it frustrate you if the majority of male characters were like Magic Mike, or those two sissy boys from Twilight? Wouldn't it offend you?

Now, I'm not saying that Magic Mike and Twilight shouldn't exist. I mean, they have their audience and you may not like them, I certainly don't like Twilight, and yet, here we are. It's got its audience, and that's pretty much that. I'm not saying you can't critique them and say they're bad either.

I mean, that's kind of the thing with criticisms on things like this. We point out things so we can try better in the future, but, in the long run, NOBODY IS TAKING ANYTHING AWAY!

Games aren't going to get worse because people are critiquing it's representation of women, it's not going to game makers from making these kinds of characters anyway, but if we try hard enough, it can certainly make things better in the long run by making the industries try a little bit harder.

Now, when it really comes down to what I think, I feel this is the whole issue.

Now, yes, a representation of a character can be offensive, but I don't exactly think that's the BIG and OVERALL problem. It's not the portrayal, but it's the OVER-portrayal

But, what I think is more sad is the fact that people get so defensive when it gets to these kinds of topics. It's never about discussing the issues, it's always about "FUCK YOU! STOP TRYING TO TAINT OUR VIDEOGAMEZZ" Agree, disagree with certain things, but I'm getting sick of seeing people arguing with ghosts when ever someone makes a statement and then people start assuming things of that said person that they probably don't even believe in in the first place.

This is what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oa_3HC8vdQ

Yeah, it's about a different subject, but the same things are happening here though.

Congratulations for winning the biggest crybaby awards people!

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
ElPatron said:
Ryotknife said:
The other thing is it is very HARD to objectify men visually, you pretty much have to go to an extreme. If a female character shows her legs, breast, butt, vagina, or tummy she is considered objectified. Only sure fire way for a guy to be considered objectified is for him to either show or focus on his penis, even showing his butt is not always a closed case for objectification.
That's not so true. Sure, a gigantic (and functional) schlong will clear any doubts about "manhood" in it's immature sense, but certain traits like muscles and beards alone can be imposing when it comes to "objectification" - but only for men.

On the other hand, Big Boss isn't a "Marcus Fenix"-type juicehead with a rock hard erection capable of putting The Penetrator from Saints Row The Third to shame. But he has an awesome beard and impressive combat and survival skills. Not only that, but he is also intelligent and very selfless.

I think Big Boss is the perfect male power symbol. His dominance over others goes deep into his own superior genetic traits (his DNA was the blueprint to create super soldiers). But nevertheless, he also has traits that would make him a perfect candidate to support a family and raise children.

Since I don't know other videogame characters that could be considered this perfect, I think that Big Boss is possibly the most objectified male character in games.
i mean as a sex object. On these forums we regularly see in gender topics a "how would you like it if men looked like this?" picture. The ironic part is that the sexualized men they display oftentimes look more like women.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
FoolKiller said:
Phasmal said:
Eh, I was actually going to address your questions point-by-point, but I have realised from experience that will just lead me to a bunch of dudes quoting me telling me how super wrong I am and there's absolutely no problem no way not ever.
So you create a response just to... troll? If you aren't answering the post its obnoxious to post saying you could but won't.
I was explaining why I wasn't going into more depth.
`Obnoxious` or not, I've had this conversation enough times to know it does not go very far.

FoolKiller said:
Phasmal said:
So, I'm just gonna say, yeah, men in games are fantasies too. Power fantasies, but they are also allowed more diversity. There are more massive muscle dudes, fat dudes, ugly dudes, short dudes.
You're almost always a buff, 30-something white dude with brownish hair. There's an image making fun of this. The only fat dude, or short dudes are ones you don't play. They are just as bad a stereo-type as the female ones. And ugly is an irrelevant type as that's a preference issue.
As the protagonist, yeah, I agree white 30ish dude is way overdone, but I wasn't speaking in strictly protagonist terms.
FoolKiller said:
As a male gamer, I agree. I hope we see it sooner rather than later.
As do I. I think we're making some progress towards it, but you know how it can be sometimes, one step forward, two steps back.
We'll get there.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Conner42 said:
These discussions are making my god damn head hurt.

Here, before you guys decide to drive me into insanity and....well....God Bless America, let me put it this way.

Guys? Men? The people who are getting SOOOO defensive about everything whenever games get criticized for it's CONSTANT portrayal of women? Let me put it this way.

Imagine if the default kind of male character was somebody like Magic Mike.

Now, to be honest, I haven't seen the movie. But, I remember having a friend who was taking this trip with these different groups, and on the airplane, there was something on the movie screen that was involving Magic Mike, and it was making my friend feel...eh...insecure. And, I remember a forum on this very site on how this guy had a girlfriend, and he was pretty uneasy about going to see Magic Mike for that same exact reason.

Wouldn't it frustrate you if the majority of male characters were like Magic Mike, or those two sissy boys from Twilight? Wouldn't it offend you?

Now, I'm not saying that Magic Mike and Twilight shouldn't exist. I mean, they have their audience and you may not like them, I certainly don't like Twilight, and yet, here we are. It's got its audience, and that's pretty much that. I'm not saying you can't critique them and say they're bad either.

I mean, that's kind of the thing with criticisms on things like this. We point out things so we can try better in the future, but, in the long run, NOBODY IS TAKING ANYTHING AWAY!

Games aren't going to get worse because people are critiquing it's representation of women, it's not going to game makers from making these kinds of characters anyway, but if we try hard enough, it can certainly make things better in the long run by making the industries try a little bit harder.

Now, when it really comes down to what I think, I feel this is the whole issue.

Now, yes, a representation of a character can be offensive, but I don't exactly think that's the BIG and OVERALL problem. It's not the portrayal, but it's the OVER-portrayal

But, what I think is more sad is the fact that people get so defensive when it gets to these kinds of topics. It's never about discussing the issues, it's always about "FUCK YOU! STOP TRYING TO TAINT OUR VIDEOGAMEZZ" Agree, disagree with certain things, but I'm getting sick of seeing people arguing with ghosts when ever someone makes a statement and then people start assuming things of that said person that they probably don't even believe in in the first place.

This is what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oa_3HC8vdQ

Yeah, it's about a different subject, but the same things are happening here though.

Congratulations for winning the biggest crybaby awards people!
female version of Magic Mike are nowhere even close to the majority of female characters, in fact they are rather rare these days, and getting rarer with every year.

And that is fine! There is a time and a place for using sex appeal. No, I would not mind if there was a male version of DOA volleyball. I wouldnt buy it, but that is my right. About the only condition i would make is that they make it a new IP (unless they use DOA). If they turned Devil May Cry offshoot into a sex appeal volleyball game for the ladies, then i would get pissed....for more reason than one.

I can appreciate sex appeal in a game, if it is done in the right genre and done well. I just played the Witcher 1, and i actually got mad over how much sex they used as it detracted from the game.

fighting games? go nuts. Want to put a guy in a speedo in one of those go for it. Hell wrestling games are usually full of guys wearing nothing but a speedo.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Ryotknife said:
i mean as a sex object. On these forums we regularly see in gender topics a "how would you like it if men looked like this?" picture. The ironic part is that the sexualized men they display oftentimes look more like women.
Big Boss is probably the best contender for male "sex object". Despite him being an "actor" and not the "object" in the game, he is probably the most objectified by men, and if it's not being objectified by women they don't know what they are missing.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Matthew94 said:
I see Alyx as good as she is not just there to be "the female" or anything. She's a good female character as she seems normal enough (for a piece of fiction) and doesn't have the fact that she's a woman smothered onto the player.
Why is that good to you? It seems like such a minor attribute to raise a character on. She is, as you would say, a "plain Jane". Just because she DOESN'T do what other games lavish upon, doesn't make her good. It makes her better, but nothing so substantial that one would plant their flag upon.

Which is what I see people do. So many people cite Alyx as a positive/good/strong female character when she is so... basic. If thats what people feel, then I think the road ahead of us is going to be a bumpy one. In any other medium, Alyx is a dime a dozen... but in games she's a landmark.

Matthew94 said:
I get the feeling that we see a good female character as different things.

I see a good female character as one that isn't hampered by being female (unless it is relevant). After that I gauge them on being a good character.

Your comment looks to me that to be a goof female character for you, the character needs to be important and has to be a large part of the plot etc. I ask you, why?
That we do, though I don't want to get into a discussion on tastes or semantics here.

But to answer your question, in ANY narrative, every character contributes to a story to some degree. They all serve a purpose. This purpose and how well its executed determines the strength of a characters presence.

*The peasant with a wife and child who gets killed just so we know the Evil Wizard is in fact evil, is just a tool. The character is throwaway... a visual cue. But he can be strong if his presence had a lasting impact on the reader. Unlikely but possible.

*Meanwhile the Priest and long time friend of the Hero, blesses his weapons and offers wardings to protect him from evil wizardry. He is a character who supports the protagonist through thick and thin, and ultimately sacrificing himself for his friend. This is a supportive character, his role is to keep the hero on the right path and protect him while doing so. While this character is more important to the plot, its quite possible to develop in such a way where his sacrifice is weak and impactless. He can be a weak character despite the importance of his role.

The role of a character in a story is not indicative to their strength as a character.

In my opinion, Alyx plays a utility role over her place in the narrative, which hinders her to a degree. It functions well for the core gameplay, where she offers guidance and some exposition on locales and enemies. She also offers support as a companion in the episodes. But the issue of merely being a utility with expressions comes into effect in Episode 2 when you get ambushed. It was a surprise to see her be maimed, but it wasn't a particularly engaging experience. I encountered dissonance from what the game was trying to make me feel and how I actually felt. For the most part I was glad to have a companion, she filled a void that would otherwise have been me just fumbling about on my own. She added a focus to the, relatively, emergent playstyle (you want to explore, but Alyx will always urge you on). But when she got wounded and death was a possible outcome, I didn't feel any different. It just felt like another scenario to urge me forward.

I realised then that I wasn't involved in Alyx's story, which upon further inspection, seems to be lacking from the get go. She is conduit to which Gordon, the cypher, can learn about the world... and she doesn't transcend that role with exception of 2 moments in the 2nd episode, which both fall flat somewhat as a result.

Matthew94 said:
I take the fact that you compare her to Barney as a good thing. She's seen as "one of the good guys" and as a character in the plot, not as "the strong female or anything".

I don't feel that a female character needs to be overly involved in the plot just to be seen as good. As long as the fact that they are female is not detrimental to them (unless it's a plot reason) then I'm cool with them.
Surely a character who is by your side for well over 3/4 of the series (Hl2 and episodes) and has a genuine reason to be fighting, should have more character to them then the fan service characters like Barney and Dog? I mean, she is by your side for so long and she is the same person right up to the mid point of episode 2, as she was at the start of episode 1. Gordon, the cypher, can't express himself and has no stake in this world before him, but she does... and she doesn't show it very well.

I've played Hl2 and the episodes multiple times, and each subsequent run seems to weaken the strength of her character to me (inversely, I've gradually found Breen to be one of Valves best characters... simply due to the dilemma he faced and the consequences ultimately receives as a result). Once you have memorized the route to take and the enemies you face, her role and presence diminishes drastically. She becomes audio filler and semi-helpful AI.

I'm all for more Alyx's, but I'm not going to applaud people for it. Alyx is a carefully made character, who loses out to some degree because of her utilitarian conception. She is a perfect baseline to engineer and conceive BETTER characters from, but she is not a paragon of female characters in and of herself. She is basic.

Which is ultimately my point, I don't want to tell you that Alyx is bad or not, that's entirely subjective, but I really think people need to save the praise until a character with as much utility as Alyx is matched with a character as impactful as The Boss (or some other well regarded female character) from MGS3. I will shit my proverbial pants on that day.

Womplord

Feb 14, 2010
I don't think that the 'strong women' that some of you guys want is any more realistic anyway. I mean, how many woman would be able to compete alongside men in a war, adventure, fantasy, etc setting? I can't think of many games at all where it would be realistic.

Prosis

May 5, 2011
A strong female character should be a character who happens to be female. Her entire identity should not be built on the fact that she is a woman. Look at Samus (before Other M). Other than the motherhood implications with the young Metroid, there was almost nothing to suggest her feminism. She was displayed and characterized a strong, competent bounty hunter out to save people. Likewise, femShepard is a strong character, as her character is based off of the ideals and beliefs of Shepard, rather than the fact that she is a woman. Gender should add flavor to a character, much like race. It should not be the basis of a character.

Clothing is your first impression of a character. Armor implies strength, a hood implies mystery, and underwear/tons of skin implies bedroom. Sure, some women do wear scanty clothing. But regardless of why they're wearing scanty clothing, it sends a message. If your character is running around half naked on the battlefield, it sends the message that they are their for men to desire them. And I don't care how breasts move in real life, jiggle physics scream "look at how hot I am." There really is no justification for jiggle physics other than to titillate the player. How do you fix this? Wear reasonable clothing. Or if its important for that character to run around half naked (flexibility or embracing sexuality or whatever) make sure that there are other reasonably dressed women in the game to show that she is the exception, not the norm.

The role of the woman must extend beyond being a reward. Look at Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. True, you're the swordsman who will save the princess. But Zelda is constantly busy fighting in the shadows. Its her prophecy and knowledge that sets you on the path to save the world. As Sheik, she guides and teaches you the songs you need. And in the final battle, she fights alongside you, finally casting the spell with the other sages to seal Ganondorf away. Zelda makes for a much more interesting character than say, Princess Peach, as she is shown to be competent with or without the hero.

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
Most game devs don't give a fuck about this because they know it's not really an issue to 99% of their audience/consumer base. Maybe a developer or two may take note of the complaining and throw in a tad more depth to their female characters in games. The overall situation will remain unchanged because most game developers continue to be male (they will make what they know best) and most gamers continue to be male. It's womens' problem that they're not interested in game development anywhere near as much as males, yet feminists have the nerve to moan and whine when the occasional game catering to a male audience portrays them "wrongly" or whatever. Politically sensitive twats.

I, like any other gamer, expect good writing/plot/gameplay/etc in every game. But I'm also proud to say that I DON'T mind seeing a pair of tits bouncing around my fantasy world.

I have all the respect in the world for women, the same amount of respect I have for my fellow man. So then why the do I get called a "immature sexist perverted jerk who objectifies women" for appreciating the female body? Nature/evolution fucking programmed me to do it over the course of a million years, problem? Christ.

Feminists are only angry about this issue because graphics in videogames have reached a level where a beautiful female character can look attractive enough to pull their boyfriends' eyes away from themselves and focus on the TV screen. It's not "objectifying" as much as being subconciously jealous (look up Female Hypoagency).

Edhellen

Sep 17, 2011
The answer is always more art; the corollary to that is the answer is never less art. If you start to think that less art is the answer, start over. That?s not the side you want to be on. The problem isn?t that people create or enjoy offensive work. The problem is that so many people believe that culture is something other people create, the sole domain of some anonymized other, so they never put their hat in the ring. That even with a computer in your pocket connected to an instantaneous global network, no-one can hear you. When you believe that, really believe it, the devil dances in hell.

You want games with strong, realistic, well-written female characters? Roll up your sleeves and get to work.

Hjalmar Fryklund

May 22, 2008
Ramzal said:
What are some solutions? Some ideas? Suggestions of what can be done? Examples? What would classify as a "realistic" and stereotypical woman? Please, if you can. Show photo-examples to get the point across.
First and foremost: MOAR WOMINZ!!! The lack of females in general in western mainstream games is the biggest problem to me.

But I realize you are mainly talking about qualitative issues, not quantitative ones. So here goes:

I earlier posted two videos showcasing a female villain. When watching it (again, if you already have done so) pay extra attention how she moves and carries herself. Notice how she looks like how she is actually wearing her clothes or how her movements are not implausible for her choice of clothing (with possible exception of the high heels)? That would be something I would like to see more of in major video games (note that I am talking about clothing, not armor).

How are they over sexual?
Do you mean "overtly sexual"?

Well, that casts it in a fairly straightforward light as overtly sexual typically (in my experience anyway) means that a character´s sexyfulness is rather...in-your-face, so to speak.

If you meant "oversexualized" then it is a different kettle of fish, but given where the thread seems to be going at time of writing I am not too keen about discussing it.

And if so, what would be sensible/fair to put in a video game?
That choice of words is rather strange to me. "Fair." "Sensible."

I don't quite see the point of your question, I am afraid. Care to elucidate?

Also if we do not change it, what harm will be done?
That's hard to give a solid answer on, but I would say that too much exposure to these types of characters, given the state of today´s beauty-obsessed western society, could potentially exacerbate some women´s, and especially some young girls´ objectification of themselves (if this raises anyone´s eyebrows, what I mean by that in this specfic case is that they will start to view their bodies as a kind of "organic machine" that needs to be maintained and kept under surveillance lest it becomes "ugly" and "not sexy" in their eyes).

Isn't changing a structure to favor a groups needs no different then censorship?
No, that would not be censorship; it is not actually prohibiting types of material from being made/published. All it does is discouraging/not encouraging its production.

Isn't it self defeating for women to say that some women in games that do not wear the same amount of clothing as them are oversexual--since- some women prefer to wear very revealing clothing? Is that not singling them out, to favor your own likes and dislikes?
Perhaps, perhaps not. I wouldn't be so quick to reduce critics of female representation in media to mere wannabe-fashion dictators.

Not that I am saying you are doing such, mind you.

Isn't asking creators to go by a criteria that a group finds except able limiting their creativity?
Well, yes, but I rarely see that sort of thing being proposed (unless you are referring to those Strong Female flowcharts). Mostly I see guidelines being suggested and not much more. But maybe the latter is what you were referring to?

I'll save your last question for tomorrow.

Jun 11, 2008
I think something that would be a lot more helpful and constructive and actually move this discussion along is stop pointing out the bad characters unless they are new. All of the bad ones are well documented but you never hear of the good ones(cough avatar cough hint hint) of which there is plenty. At least show devs what we want so they know if they are on the right track if they care.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Tippy said:
Feminists are only angry about this issue because graphics in videogames have reached a level where a beautiful female character can look attractive enough to pull their boyfriends' eyes away from themselves and focus on the TV screen. It's not "objectifying" as much as being subconciously jealous (look up Female Hypoagency).
You heard it here first, folks.
Women only care about how females are represented in games because boyfriends.

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
Phasmal said:
Tippy said:

"Boyfriends" implying males in general.

They can't stand the fact that something in a videogame looks better than themselves, and that men in general like gawking at something that isn't even real.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Tippy said:
Phasmal said:
Tippy said:

"Boyfriends" implying males in general.

They can't stand the fact that something in a videogame looks better than themselves, and that men in general like gawking at something that isn't even real. So they falsely accuse males of "objectifying" them.
This is like watching someone shit themselves in a crowded elevator...

Of course, dear, women only have opinions because of men.

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
Phasmal said:

What does this even mean? Do you see yourself as an object?

Feminists falsely accuse males of "objectifying" them, they whine and complain so society pays them attention and comforts them.

That was the entire reason of Sarkeesian's huge backing, society came to comfort a female in distress who was under attack from haters.

Nobody would've given a fuck if it was a GUY who had founded Tropes vs Women and had been bombarded by trolls, I guarantee you this.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Tippy said:
Phasmal said:

What does this even mean? Do you see yourself as an object?

Feminists falsely accuse males of "objectifying" them, they whine and complain so society pays them attention and comforts them.

That was the entire reason of Sarkeesian's huge backing, society came to comfort a female in distress who was under attack from haters.

Nobody would've given a fuck if it was a GUY who had founded Tropes vs Women and had been bombarded by trolls, I guarantee you this.
Uh huh.
It's just some big evil feminist conspiricy.
And onto the ignore list you go.
We had fun, but this can never be. </3