Acess Denied

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Amnestic said:
You still need to buy the discs if you want to play by subscription.
And copying discs has always been illegal.

See 'Don't Copy That Floppy'
Also, on the OP:
You're fucked (meaning a degree worse than 'screwed')
No, im not actually. I disabled it by just searching around on the folder properties. Dont be such an asshole next time and think. And it seems you still didnt read what I wrote.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Amnestic said:
*Le Snip*
Then why do they sell the games in store o_o

That's what I'm basing it off of. Free download is news to me.

*Edit

I just wanna throw this out there, the IRONY in if this thread gets locked will be very very funny. See title.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Amnestic said:

Also, on the OP:
Your reading comprehension must be really low.

OT: So your netbook has no drive for the discs, and... whats wrong with downloading it free from blizzard?

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Amnestic said:
Actually, it depends on where you live. In the UK, under copyright law, you can legally make a copy/backup of a computer software, as long as

(a) you own it; and
(b) it is for personal use only

...right, now, carry on.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
dududf said:
Amnestic said:
*Le Snip*
Then why do they sell the games in store o_o

That's what I'm basing it off of. Free download is news to me.
Because some people don't want to download it all via the internets? It takes a fecking long time. To back up my claim: Here is where you can download the full client. [http://www.wow-europe.com/en/downloads/client/]

TheNamlessGuy said:
Amnestic said:

Also, on the OP:
You can at the very least pick up a Digital Download copy of the TBC from the Blizzard store. [http://eu.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=210000005] Since you're buying digital download, one would assume you do not need the disks for that code.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Amnestic said:
You can at the very least pick up a Digital Download copy of the TBC from the Blizzard store. [http://eu.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=210000005] Since you're buying digital download, one would assume you do not need the disks for that code.
There.
'Buying'
That is not what he is doing.

He could do that, though.
But he's not
I have bought the game more bloody times than I can count. I just activated my account again. I dont think blizzard are going to send the police after me because I am getting it off a friend instead of waiting for the download when ive been playing for 5 years.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
Amnestic said:
There.
'Buying'
That is not what he is doing.

He could do that, though.
But he's not
What part of "I have a subscription active" (see the OP) is difficult to understand? Or the fact that even I - with my inactive subscription - could download the client for free from the Blizzard site whenever I wanted?

He doesn't need to buy the disks because he already has an account and - once again - the client is free.

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
Im guessing you can't copy it due to Vista's UAC (google how to disable) or folder permissions, probably to due with your pc, not the game.

Might be easier just to download a copy off of Blizzards site instead (Depending on bandwidth)

Hayday

Aug 19, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
awes0mepenguin said:
why is it illegal to copy WoW, when you need an account to play in the first place? Am I missing something?
Because you need to pay for the disc you buy?
They make money on that too, you know

SikOseph said:
How's he supposed to play WoW without a subscription anyway? Doesn't look like piracy to me...
See above
Wrong, you do not pay for the disks. You pay for the activation key, you can download wow from blizzard and even 3rd parties.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21604&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2670

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Darktau said:
Im guessing you can't copy it due to Vista's UAC (google how to disable) or folder permissions, probably to due with your pc, not the game.

Might be easier just to download a copy off of Blizzards site instead (Depending on bandwidth)
Im not downloading it from blizzards site because im at a friends place. And neither of us have vista so..

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
Amnestic said:
But he is not downloading the client, that is my point!
He is illegally copying a friends copy of the game.
...it's the same client.

Which is freely available on the internet for anyone to use.

Which you can't use without an active subscription anyway.

You're seriously splitting hairs over where he's getting it from? I could e-mail Blizzard if you want, just to find out if they actually object to this.

I'll do so now. brb.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Fuck it guys. No one answered my question.
Mods are welcome to lock this topic, im not gonna get an answer anyway
Im just bloody downloading it from blizzard, fucking huge waste of time.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009

Lets get some facts straight.

First off, in the ORIGINAL OP he never mentioned he had an account. That leads some ladies and gents to jump to the conclusion of Private SERVERS From which is indeed piracy. Topple that with not buying the game (or some argue activation code) you get PIRACY.

Second off, even if there is a free download of the game, you still require an Activation code to play. From what we see, since he's trying to get it via FILE SHARING (from which is illegal in some anal retentive countries(Note mine HA HA!(well okay mine QQ))) it could be easily dtermined as illegal.

Thirdly, AFTER he edited in/posted that he already has an account THEN we were wrong about the piracy of the game itself. Now the only potential wrong that remains, is the actual file share. That depends from country to country.

NOW TO ANSWER THE OP's initial question.

Go winrar the file, copy it onto a DVD of 8 gb + and plug it into your computer.

Or hell just use Microsofts file sharing service for computer to computer on a closed network.

Herp Derp done. [sup] And you call your self a pirate! I'm ashamed of you X)[sup] I'm joking num nuts[/sup][/sup]

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
NuclearPenguin said:
Fuck it guys. No one answered my question.
Mods are welcome to lock this topic, im not gonna get an answer anyway
Im just bloody downloading it from blizzard, fucking huge waste of time.
Go look at my post.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
dududf said:

Lets get some facts straight.

First off, in the ORIGINAL OP he never mentioned he had an account. That leads some ladies and gents to jump to the conclusion of Private SERVERS From which is indeed piracy. Topple that with not buying the game (or some argue activation code) you get PIRACY.

Second off, even if there is a free download of the game, you still require an Activation code to play. From what we see, since he's trying to get it via FILE SHARING (from which is illegal in some anal retentive countries(Note mine HA HA!(well okay mine QQ))) it could be easily dtermined as illegal.

Thirdly, AFTER he edited in/posted that he already has an account THEN we were wrong about the piracy of the game itself. Now the only potential wrong that remains, is the actual file share. That depends from country to country.

NOW TO ANSWER THE OP's initial question.

Go winrar the file, copy it onto a DVD of 8 gb + and plug it into your computer.

Or hell just use Microsofts file sharing service for computer to computer on a closed network.

Herp Derp done. [sup] And you call your self a pirate! I'm ashamed of you X)[sup] I'm joking num nuts[/sup][/sup]
He doesnt know jack shit about computers, I tried to get him to winrar it and he refused because "It was causing strain on his computer" when MSN causes more strain. I even proved it to him and he said "No I dont want to put my computer at risk"