Admit what games you suck at.

zama174

Oct 25, 2010
All games.. Seriously I just suck at videogames, everything from Forza 4 to Marvel vs Capcom Three to Ace Combat.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Hell just about every online game I play I suck at. But fighters especially. I used to be pretty good when Arcades were still a thing. Even played well in a few local SF2 tourneys back in the 90s. But age and lack of practice have taken their toll and the new breed of players have surpassed anything I could ever bring to the table.

I still like Fighters of course. But I will rarely brave the online ranked matches. I too picked up UMvC3 because I have a crippling need to own every game Frank West is in, but I sure won't be spending much time playing it online I can guaratee you.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Anything that does not involve simply pointing a gun and making go away. Period.

Draitheryn

Jan 20, 2010
The age old question of whether we suck at a game because we don't play the genre, or we don't care for the genre because we suck at the game. I believe both affect us in some way. I don't play fps or fighting games ever, but I did in my youth and I was quite good at them then, but I'm sure I wouldn't stack up now. I can't think of any games that I outright suck at, I can typically handle my own at any genre, but I don't particularly excel at any of them either.

ZeroKitsunei

Sep 1, 2008
Mortal Kombat, MVC3 or any game "where you can spend your whole life to master and still be beaten by a 5yr old button mashing"

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Well I used to be really good at the fifa games but I seriously suck at Fifa 12. On fifa 10 I had a 75% ratio online, on 12 I don't dare go online as I can on barely beat the computer on the middle difficulty. So in comparison to what I used to be like, yeah I now suck.

Also the CoD games, for a series that is often described as easy or pick and play I just die over and over till the very concept of dying is routine. I'm just bad at them. Yet on Halo, which is regarded as a shooter with a higher difficulty, I normally hit par (as in 1 kill for 1 death), which why not great is at least a step up from my performance in the CoD series.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Soulcalibur(series)
Turok the Dinosaur Hunter. I just bought it today, so it may be age issues.
Halo (series)
Rock Band (series)
and others, that i can't think of at the moment.

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
Games like Starcraft, and pretty much any fighting game like any that have come out this year :p

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Killer Instinct. I really couldn't be bothered to memorize any long combos. Games with short combos are fine by me, but... 20+ button presses in a single combo? Fuck.That.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Bioshock.

Probably because i'd been playing CoD for ages before hand and couldn't get the "don't think just shoot" mentality out of my head. Big Daddy raped me so I rage quit and uninstalled fairly quickly.

Should probably get around to giving it a real go at some point.

Ariyura

Oct 18, 2008
Most shooters... >.> I tend to shoot first ask later and I get a bit panicky. So if I'm playing solo it's fine I try not to play online when it comes to them.

BamWam

Jun 29, 2011
Any strategy game. I'm crap, totally and utterly. I don't have tactics, just "get large army, march to enemy base, win/lose".

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
I'm very good at RTS in general, SC2 in particular, but I was and remain to this day *terrible* at Warcraft 3. Combining a DOTA experience with a traditional RTS experience never clicked for me.

BlueKunai

Dec 30, 2010
I tried out Mount & Blade a while ago and it was embarrassing how badly I did. Also the Guitar Hero games, I just can't use the peripherals very well.

Yet despite these shortcomings, I'm still better at Super Meat Boy than any of my mates >:D

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I'd guess all shooting games (I haven't played one this Gen)
All fighting games except Mortal Kombat (Which I'm not great at but can play decently)
Old arcade games (there so hard :( )
Mirrors Edge more specificly, I gave up on it very quickly.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Enigmatic Master said:
i suck at all call of duty games
Me too. I just can't get on with the gameplay, I like to take my time and snipe, can't be bothered with the constant run and gun and die gameplay. Hell I even got the archery zoom perk in Skyrim so I can snipe!.