Adorable 3 Year-Old Experiences Harsh Justice in Skyrim

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
"People don't want to be sword"

With God as my witness, I shall make this a meme!

Seriously though, that is a very important moral lesson she just learned there, with the aid of a game that many people would say could screw her up for life. The irony in this is just too delicious. Maybe all the video game censorship crowd could use it as an accompaniment to their humble pie...

6SteW6

Mar 25, 2011
So Skyrim will give me an almost unlimited amount of gameplay AND teach my children between right and wrong?! Is there anything you can't do Skyrim?!

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
6SteW6 said:
So Skyrim will give me an almost unlimited amount of gameplay AND teach my children between right and wrong?! Is there anything you can't do Skyrim?!
Copulate.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I don't second guess parental decisions in child raising.

She DID learn a valuable lesson "People don't want to be sword"

Please let that become a meme, lets try google. Come on internet, you've delivered before:

No dice.

for now...

Reishadowen

Mar 18, 2011
aegix drakan said:
Well, as long as she learned from the experience (and it seems that she did), then I'm all for this.

"people don't want to be sword" indeed. No they do not. If you sword them, you make them mad. And you know what they say! In subzero skyrim....Guards sword YOU!
Of course people don't want to be sword. Being axed on the hand, now there's a different story altogether.

This was awesome, though I thought that shouting match was going to turn into:
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!" for the whole thing. XD

jessegeek

Oct 31, 2011
This is awesome parenting, he's there to give what she's experiencing a context and lets her figure enough stuff by herself. Also, the thing about her jumping in virtual streams was ADAWBS.

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
That was totally awesome, and I love the fact that she did learn a valuable lesson at the end of the segment. You "sword" one person, someone else will "sword" you.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Did you see that Fox News?!

Because of video game violence that little girl learned that swording strangers is wrong.

You can't learn those sort of valuable life lessons anywhere else.

Melnordan

Mar 18, 2010
What is the difference between this and taking a child to the firing range to fire off a real gun? Or worse yet teaching a child all about how great and wonderful a credit card is? Or giving them candy/chips/pop? All of these things in the wrong context are something very bad?

I once saw a photo of a 12 year old boy holding up the head of a deer he had just shot and posing with it like it was some great and powerful thing he had done. The weapon was held in one hand resting on his hip like he had been doing it for years. There was no regard to the life of the beast he had just slaughtered. He was very proud to have killed something like it made him more of a man. Who teaches a child how to properly handle this piece of death tech?

The Parents!

the credit card has destroyed the lives of countless people. They end up in debit up to there eyeballs and can't get out. They loose everything to that little piece of plastic. And people hand them to there kids, encourage them to get them, heck will even help them get one by co-signing. And we wonder why North America has such a problem with debit? Who teaches them to use them responsibly?

The Parents!

How many people have seen pictures of Kids stuffing there face and covered in chocolate cake. who has taken there kids out on Halloween to get huge bags full of candy that will help promote health problems such as diabetes, Tooth decay, ulcers, and/or diarrhea? A kid goes into McDonald's and ends up with a full bigmac meal, or 20 chicken nuggets, at the age of 10. Who prevents the child from becoming a glutton?

The Parents!

The lessons that a child learns from the parent are what is most important not how those lessons are learned. If a parent wants to teach why we don't "sword" people by letting his 3 year old play a game then that is his choice. Same way that if a parent wants to teach his child about the dangers of fire arms by taking the child hunting so be it. Parents teach there children using the tools that they know. If someone has a problem with how one person does it over another then by all means keep your dang nose out of other peoples affairs.

The only thing that I think the father did wrong in this case is that he put the video on the net where anyone can see it. As a home movie this would have been cute when he showed it to his friends that know him and his family. But when the media who want to drum up people to watch their show or read there newspaper get a hold of it they spin it out of control and rile up Mrs Busybody and Mr. Righteous so that they make a fuss and more news to report on. This is one of those places to learn the difference between public and private information.

Much to my disappointment this is just going to be another thing that the anti-gamer people are going to use when they point at why we "NEED" the government to control who can buy games. They will twist it to fit what they want. Heck I could see them editing the video and removing the end bit where the girl has the sad face and just use the first bit where she is laughing at killing someone. that would be much more powerful of a propaganda tool then the entire video. Heck make sure to keep an eye on fox news. Sad but it's true.

From where I stand the video in and of itself is sort of cute but I would not let a 3 year old play that sort of game. On the other hand at that age children are very impressionable and maybe if the lesson is taught properly then it will stick better than if you wait until the kid is 10 or so. Who knows but it is not my place to tell this guy anything about how to raise his kids.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
The Random One said:
Sixcess said:
Aww, how cute. The unarmed man asked her to go away and she shouted No a few times then killed him with an axe. A valuable lesson in conflict resolution has been learned... right?

Sorry, but I'm gonna be the guy that says this is totally inappropriate for a child. I don't see how this is different from the ever popular "I saw a dumb parent in Best Buy picking up Black Ops for her 10 year old..."

I hope this is a one off, and not how her 'gamer family' juggle looking after a 3 year old and playing Skyrim, or any other game, at the same time.
Congratulations! You watched the video without reading any of the seven paragraphs that accompany it, and made an inflamed response to it! You are now Mayor of the Internet. Awaiting orders, sir.
Meh I was gonna banter on about how both their examples were poor and people criticizing others for what amounts to belief in dataless fairy tales is really the bottom of the barrel for discussion.

But your response + your emoticon really conveyed that message far better. I salute you. (Not being sarcastic, just tired so my brain isn't all there).

Muphin_Mann said:
On a gaming forum, your prolly in a minority. Teaching a life lesson to a child via video game is brilliant.
On any forum where people have taken an hour out of their day to do any reading on the subject is going to leave them in the minority.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Damn, the doubt about whether or not she is able to distinguish between a sword and an axe (and thus reflecting on the death of the person she killed or her own demise) is going to hunt me forever... :/

"... she likes to run around in the wilderness looking for streams to jump into," he added.
Something about that sentence just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Also, I remember doing that in other Elder Scrolls games. Just running around, trying to find a body of water to plunge into, and not just because it levels Athletics faster.

Mau95

Nov 11, 2011
My question is... Why is this on the Internet in the first place? LOL, looks like Flandre Scarlet, who has an awesome theme song.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
She is so much cuter than my little brother who insists that I punch the skeletons in the butt >.>

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Sixcess said:
Aww, how cute. The unarmed man asked her to go away and she shouted No a few times then killed him with an axe. A valuable lesson in conflict resolution has been learned... right?

Sorry, but I'm gonna be the guy that says this is totally inappropriate for a child. I don't see how this is different from the ever popular "I saw a dumb parent in Best Buy picking up Black Ops for her 10 year old..."

I hope this is a one off, and not how her 'gamer family' juggle looking after a 3 year old and playing Skyrim, or any other game, at the same time.
I'm with you brother. I have 2 kids, and I don't let them watch games that are suitable for them, let alone play them.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
that's ok actually... the content is a little shocking... but with good explanation, I'm sure a well educated father/mother can walk a child through the shock... correctly... and yes I believe that this game is rated M for many reasons.. but showing/allowing play just jumping swimming, and watching nature is fine, and this game CAN deliver just that. I'm sure this "kill" was given by the parent to the child, and probably her first, for the excitement of power welding is on her face, and also the "justice" was setup like a trap to shock her as result of her "miss use her power", it's a nice thing to teach her Karma. I just hope the "shock value" is not use too often, because we don't want to desensitize her too early... else, shock value will loose effectiveness... remember, don't be angry ALL THE TIME, just when it's necessary.

Odd Water

Mar 6, 2010
Cute.

No one else going to mention that a father is letting a 3 year old play a game rated M and then tapes it and puts it online for others to see?

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I think that was Faendal she annihilated... poor Faendal. He's been my loyal if not terribly stealthy companion for the whole game... =S