After nearly three decades.... I realized something today.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Apollo45 said:
There's only One Ring in Lord of the Rings.
I think there's close to the 30.

OT: Geralt, a Witcher from The Witcher, does not hunt witches, as you might expect. (Although admittedly, he does manage to fuck quite a few of them.)

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Regnes said:
The main villain in Ghostbusters wasn't a ghost, it was a demon.
"Gozer the Gozerian... Good evening!"

Gozer is actually a Sumerian shape-changer God of destruction! (try saying that five time faster)

crhoades

Jul 2, 2010
it was something the one ring of sauron the three elven rings the seven dwarven rings and then the
nine for the kingdoms of man if my memory is right.

megarik

Feb 2, 2011
In good Will hunting nobody hunts Will and if they where it probably wouldn't be good, a very misleading title (V:D

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
Fatal Frame: What you kill with the camera is ALREADY DEAD, so it can't be a fatal frame!

Darksiders: Nothing is referred to as a draksider...

Shadow of the Collossus: There are 16, so shouldn't it be SHADOWS of the COLLOSSI?

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb: There was TONS of worrying with EACH character!

Pokemon Black/White: There isn't anything about race relations!

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Shanicus said:
Just checked it out, and you are right. Still, no Dawns outside of the opening cinematic...
Of course there aren't, then it would be Dawns of War.
Captain Planet wasn't an actual Planet, nor did he hold military rank.

AngryFrenchCanadian

Dec 4, 2008
I don't know if someone did this one already, but Star Wars doesn't feature stars fighting eachother.

Well, it features THE Death Star, but it's just one star, and it's not really a star, it's a giant battlestation.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Dimitriov said:
Guffe said:
Lord of the Rings acyually has several lords weilding several rings.
Lords of the Rings, say it should.

You see the One Ring is the master ring: created to dominate all the others. The Lord of the One Ring rules over all the others. That was Sauron's entire purpose in crafting it.
Thought someone might bring that up :)
But yeah you're right, I know I was wrong from the beginning but there are several rings and I just wanted to see if someone react.
+ I dind't come up with anything better...

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Back to the Future was really just about a guy returning to the present.
He was in the past, but from his perspective it was the present and he was formerly in the present. So he went back to the present which was (to him) the future.

Jiffex

Dec 11, 2011
The Isles in the Shivering Isles showed no sign of being scared, cold or anything else that would cause it to shiver.

EDIT: In Skyrim, despite what the guards say, there are no lollies to gag. This was disappointing.