Ain't no homo gonna make it to heaven

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
It's like they're just TRYING to make it harder for people like me to call themselves Christians. Believe it or not, though, these people WILL believe that they're the ones being persecuted.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
MasterOfHisOwnDomain said:
I would be offended, but fortunately there is not going to be a heaven for me, those people, the children or anyone because it doesn't exist. There will just be infinite nothingness. How's that for a sing-song?
Pretty much this. I don't think we really need to go into detail about how reprehensible the actions in the video are.

Also, if only bigots and relgious assholes are allowed into heaven, then it sucks to be there.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Daystar Clarion said:
Religion on its own, isn't a bad thing.

Stupid people who use religion as a shield is what sucks.

If there was no religion, morons would find some other following to get behind to voice their bigoted views.
I would argue that faith is safe.

Religion is bad.

Mostly because an idea as abstract and easily molded as faith should not be shoehorned into something as rigid and potent as a group.

The moment you equate judging a religion with questioning the faith of people identifying as members of that religion you have solidified your group as invincible and it paves the way to grave misdeeds all over the place.

Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
I read it, watch a few moments of the video and feel...SSDD folks. Welcome to America everyone. We're a bunch of idiots....
Here is a good example of my point. The "group" of America is collectively put up for the actions of a small group of faithfuls. [And yes, I am hard pressed to find support that hardline bigoted people are a majority stake in the US.]

Basically they are protected behind a shield of expected ignorance because of their nationality.

And I realize that the awesomely named DPU (I really do love your name, DP is awesome ) is probably joking, but it seemed like a timely comment. :)

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:

If there was no religion, morons would find some other following to get behind to voice their bigoted views.
Religion is fine, until people get involved.

But in terms of the OP: And people wonder why I wish all religions would make informed decisions about things and not what a book written by people we would throw into an insane asylum today!

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
Instant K4rma said:
A standing ovation for a small child singing about how gays are going to Hell. This just astounds me. Everyone just laughs and cheers like it's the cutest damned thing they've ever seen. I'm seriously at a loss of words to express my disappointment.
Exactly my thought. Kids will do whatever their parents think is cute. The standing ovation from the room full of people and the guy proudly crowing, "That's my boy!" are far and away the most disturbing part of this.

"Our beliefs dictate that some people will be tortured for an eternal afterlife. This kid just reminded us of eternal torture of a fellow human being. Cue the standing ovation."

Even if you subscribe to the rather goofy belief system, why is that cause for applause? Is next week "Ain't no adulterers gonna make it to heaven"? Then Atheists, Hindus, and those who covet their neighbor's goods?

Dylan Blackler

May 22, 2011
>.> Most religion has always been against Homosexuals it not a surprise that the would teach there children the same thing, I honestly do not understand why you all are so surprised.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
Vault101 said:
wow.....they are really going ape shit over that

YEEEAAAAHH!! HOMOPHOBIA IS AWSOME!!

or mabye they are just giving the kid a big round of appluse....lyrics and hate aside it is cute
It is more like "Our right to have marriage unaffected by gay marriage that will not effect our marriage or Church is more important to than few thousand rights gay couples who likely have far better relationships than any one in our church has being able to have such rights!" but I like the one you gave, it is more condensed and holds the same weight. Far easier to chant at those morons as well. Mine is even bad as an acronym.

Frozen Fox

Mar 23, 2012
well good, by their text Hitler has a good chance of being in Heaven... do you want to spend eternity with Hitler?

Darthbawls77

May 18, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:

THIS! This is one of the best answers Ive read in a forum post for sometime. Bravo, just bravo! Stupid people will always be around and will always find something to put up as a front for their atrocious behavior.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I could slew around a few quotes, like Napoleon's "Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich," but I don't think it would fit the given context. Plus, people get mad.
You mean like Marx's "Religion is the opiate of the masses"

BathorysGraveland said:
I certainly wouldn't call it child abuse. More like the parents teaching their child their own personal beliefs which they see as correct.
I originally saw this on MSNBC (on one of their more liberal shows) and they were able to make that link. They're teaching their kids hate, which ultimately hurts them--or something like that. It makes sense.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Daystar Clarion said:

Did I not reply to you? Oh well, sorry if I already did. So anyways coming back to quickly read through this thread and finding all the tangential arguments surfacing all over the place I find you reply one of the most quoted. Very interesting what you said and to a considerable degree I agree. :)

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
what a sad state, people are cheering a kid for singing something he more than likely does not understand, a song that is more than likely his parents putting him up to sing. I pity that kid, but the adults who clapped and cheered should all be neutered

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Like politics. Or music. Or games. Or those other things people get really pissed off and argue the toss about but to a lesser degree than religion.

OT: Hah. I don't care if I don't make it to their heaven, mine will have blackjack and hookers.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
And my parents wonder why I hate kids. They just follow what they're told in the end, and blast their stupidity across.

And, the Bible's not right. It states that women are the most precious thing a man can have, and then some other ancient texts related to the Bible say that woman are just sexual-objects. The Bible can't even get itself right - so who the hell is this kid to say it is, especially when all the RME teachers leave out all the gorey and mature stuff and religion gets so much hate for, and claim that they're just bigots?

Sorry if I rambled on, but honestly, this fucking pisses me off to no end.

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
SkarKrow said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Like politics. Or music. Or games. Or those other things people get really pissed off and argue the toss about but to a lesser degree than religion.

OT: Hah. I don't care if I don't make it to their heaven, mine will have blackjack and hookers.
In fact... forget the heaven part!

Tomeran

Nov 17, 2011
Religious fanatics, right up there on the top list of reasons why I have less and less faith in humanity.

Poor kid.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
CrazyJew said:
SkarKrow said:
Daystar Clarion said:

In fact... forget the heaven part!
Ah just the screw the whole thing! xD

Chaos-Spider

Dec 18, 2009
Saulkar said:
Really?! I mean... fucking really?!

People are calling this child abuse, indoctrination, vile, I call it fucking retarded. Seriously, in the age old question when did anyone ever know what God's opinion on homosexuals is? Who are they to judge?

No disrespect to peaceful people of faith but it is shit like this experienced in real life that made me reject organised religion. Especially what they are doing to this kid? I am hoping this kid does not understand what he is say because I sure as hell would have at that age. Now I kept this in the off topic section to avoid making this a (flaming argument) strictly religious debate (which it will unfortunately become without a doubt) so what do you gals and guys have to say about this?
KEEP IT CIVIL

NOTE: I am pretty miffed by this video and thus my OP is pretty much nonsensical so I will now leave this forum and allow you hopefully (not gonna happen) have a civil, open discussion about this. And please Do not include me in it because if the OP is any evidence, I am not thinking straight. That includes backhanded, sarcastic remarks.
Nice christ picture.

OT: Chances are, the kid doesn't understand what he's singing and is simply performing so that he will get parental approval (or at least avoid punishment) but yeah, it would be nice if we as Christians could get a consistent definition or rating of importance of specific individual bible verses.

Personally I am waiting for the pilgrimage of the Jacket. Where Christians from all over the world go to some small town in the middle east carrying a new jacket to give it to a small statue of Saint Paul, simply because St paul said to some guy in the 1st century "bring me a jacket".

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

I've always felt that religion is a needed aspect of reality, for two reasons.

For one, I'm not too keen on living in a world where we're just resigned to this being it, so that's my personal opinion on the ideas of religion, but more importantly, it's served as a binding agent for society for thousands of years. Maybe some feel that it's evil or unneeded, but I doubt a case could be made that there was a better force for bringing together people. Even if it's not true and there is nothing out there, at least it's played a roll in forming civilizations. I doubt we'd have nearly as much to be proud of as a race without religion. Even if its time of relevance is fading away, which I'm not too sure it is, we should give it credit for playing a big part in human advancement.

Oh, and bigots need no flag or religion. Removing it wouldn't stop stupid. No force can defeat stupid.

OT: Hopefully a point will come where the child will realize what he said, and hang his head, otherwise he'll just grow into one of the audience. Here's hoping, eh?