Al Gore Lauds Ecological Potential Of Games

UFOROMANTIC

Nov 8, 2010
There's no denying that he's gotten pretty damn annoying and preachy, but he's also been helpful in bringing light to the issue.

Gamification could be a fine approach to how the issue is interpreted.

SpaceCadetMarty

Dec 7, 2010
cerebus23 said:
If he wants to try and stick his bs about the ice caps melting and all of us dying and crap
Too bad all of that is actually happening. Do some research. Stop watching Fox. I know Gore is a bit of a tool but at least he is trying. The state of the environment is an issue and a very big one at that. I shouldn't have to explain why.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
News flash the earth has been warming and cooling for eons, the earth has been decimated several times and supported life again, and there is 0 evidence that anything humans has done has done anything to the normal transitioning from an ice age into a warming period, no there is nothing definate about what is causing any "climate change" nor anything that says we can do jack squat about it if it is just the normal warming and cooling of the earth.

Al gore spins a bunch of bs and outright lies and wins a nobel prize. course that seems to be the trend for the nobel these days with liars, murders, genocidal mainiacs, and etc winning prizes in recent decades.

ANd i will take a warm up over an ice age anyday since the beaches a few miles closer is alot less troublesome, than most of n america and europe covered in miles of ice. For the amount of time they have been studying stuff, all we know is that in the 1970s we were all going to die of an ice age, then suddendly oh wait nm the earth is actually warming, then we got oh 20 ish years of research on a climate that has been going along for the last 200 some million years and nm beyond all that when during the reptile ages the earth was much much warmer and humid. But after those 20 years we still have no conclusive and definitive proof that any change is cause by humans, since no matter how you slice it the amt of trace "greenhouse" gases and such that we give off levels have not gone up and are fairly minute in contrast to say half a land mass exploding and releasing metric tons of ash, toxic gases, and lava for several years.

Yoshisummons

Aug 10, 2010
Uh, is he talking about the ability of games to foster problem solving skills in the people that play them, and problem solving happens in Farm-vile where? Or you could I don't know, invest in R&D projects or have people science value science to bring about what he is preaching about. Although, who would ever want to pay other people to think mister scientist.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Don't trust him! Remember, this is the same man who tried to tell us he invented the internet! He's a liar . . .
Wait, what? he's on *our* side? Huh.

. . .

I guess what they say about the broken clock is true.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Mass Effect taught me to be eco friendly. Especially considering I didn't realize just how abundant Hydrogen was in the Universe, seriously it's like trash.

Spadge

Nov 3, 2009
cerebus23 said:
I thought the general thinking on global warming was that it is a load of bunk?.
lulwat? The general thinking by people who to prefer to close their eyes and cover their ears and pretend there's no problems. The same people who will spout how many scientists disagree with this theory of climate change, rather than looking at what the scientific community, as a whole, is saying.
The general thinking, however, of people who have any idea what they are thinking about [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change], is that climate change is happening, and humans are contributing.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Okay Al, you show me a game about Global Warming and selling carbon credits and I'll show you a bankrupt studio.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
I played a game about the environment once... it wasn't very good, I gave up after a few minutes.

So, maybe... that's the solution? Accept the environment isn't very good and just give up on it? Am I doing this right guys?!

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
mr. gore there is a HUGE difference between a M16 and MP5 for starters the MP5 is a SMG whilst the M16 is a AR.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Of course it's about recycling and the environment, I knew it had to be if it was Al Gore. Really don't want a Recycling Mama.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Next Fox News report?

"Al Gore Says Video Games are Good! It's Al Gore, so it MUST be False!"

Seriously though, his reputation aside, I think it's good that at least someone well-known is sticking up for video games.

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
Here is yet another reason for SquareEnix to remake FF7. It's a game that is about a megacorporation polluting the environment to the point that the environment bites em in the ass. And this was made 14 years ago. It's an icon of gamer culture and is wholly about saving the environment. Cmon Al, push for a remake.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
ARGH! They got Gore in my video games!

Seriously, is there anywhere this douchebag won't whore himself out to for attention?! FFS...GO AWAY ALREADY GORE!

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Al Gore presents: An Inconvenient Game.
Inconvenient in the sense that it's fucking boring and life now seems inconvenient.