Alcohol

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
It exists for the sole purpose of making otherwise decent beverages taste like crap. I only drink alcoholic beverages if I can't taste the alcohol.

the_Sue

Apr 25, 2010
eh...not my favorite thing to keep me from being sober, but not too bad once in a while. I've never been hungover so I tend to have a pretty nice working relationship with them.

armaina

Nov 1, 2007
I have absolutely no interest in alcohol, and I've never tried it. I honestly don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Alcohol and I are good friends - we don't see each other that often, but when we do, it makes for good times. I'm one of those strange people who actually enjoys the taste of most alcohols - if I don't, I probably won't drink it. I personally think drinking for the sake of getting drunk is painfully juvenile.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
It's like a pet bear. Nice to have around, good fun. Occasionally it's responsible for getting me into trouble by destroying stuff or attacking people, and one day, it's going to kill me.
I love it, suits me pretty well. I'd say I drink beer a few times a week if I have some in the house, not to get drunk, just one or two in the evening. Nights out are a different matter, where I pretty much personify binge drinking.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
I had my prom on friday.

Oh. Shit. After party is proof why alcohol is at once the worst thing ever and the greatsest invention to ever grace humankind.

musthaphawang

Jan 16, 2010
its the thing that leaves me be out of my head and not over think everything

and im irish too and of coarse theres plenty who dont drink ... we call them infants haha

Subeer

Jan 25, 2010
It is a friend that I occasionally run into every once in awhile.
Usually run into it with a bunch of other friends.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
I only really hang out with the fruity ones or the classy ones.

So basically they're my theater troupe.

MintyNinja

Sep 17, 2009
Tis my liquid courage. Tis my social fuel. Tis the single common denominator in my family.

Tis good stuff!

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
Sworm said:
The way you present it, It seems to me that it's ok to hit yourself with a stick because your bones are solid enough to withstand them, or cutting yourself not to deeply because your skin can regenerate and fix it. Extreme examples I agree but I hope you see my point. To me it's just nonsensical: just because your liver can withstand it doesn't mean you should make it do so.
Thats a strawman arguement and you know it. See if hitting yourself with a stick allowed a person to overcome a problem or provide some benefit, i would see no reason not to do it. It causes little to no harm and you are benefited in some way. Its not "do it just because it doesnt hurt me", its "do it because i get something out of it, without side effects".

Sworm said:
It's because Alcohol pushes you to act without thinking that I avoid it. I've never been drunk but I did taste it (found it disgusting) and have been sometimes tempted to try it out "for social reasons" but seeing some of my friends and others in action without even being drunk was enough of a dissuasion for me.
Again, no it does not, since you have admitted you have never been drunk perhaps you dont understand the process. You see to "push you to act without thinking" you need to have significant quantities of alcohol (differs per person obviously), standard amounts of alcohol does not cause this, i wouldnt advise doing something risky while drinking but moderate drinking still leaves you in complete control of your actions, the only change is your judgements. The more alcohol, the less reasoning, most people can control and understand how alcohol affects themselves and can temper their drinking to do so.

Also you said you tried alcohol, im not exactly sure what you meant by that. Your saying you drunk raw alcohol (that would be extremely dangerous) or a kind of beer? Saying you dont like alcohol is kind of like saying, i dont like soft drinks. There are so many different kinds that its impossible for you to say so. Hell i dont like the taste of most beers so i drink vodka mixed with soft drinks though wine and solo goes pretty well too. I cant taste the vodka, i just taste the soft drink.