Alien asks you to prove humanity is worth saving

lion el jhonson

Jul 2, 2011
we could show how we are still a young species and still have so much to offer... oh who am I kidding humanity humanity has pushed out some of the most in grateful bastards in history and the best hope any of us have are to become alien butlers. Lets face it people humanity sucks and its going to take a lot for us to change.

Wyatt118

Jun 16, 2011
They would say "we aren't worth invading, because are natural resources are fading,"

Ohhi

Nov 13, 2009
Umm why would we want to save humanity we are basically a disease on this planet most people don't have the intelligence to even be considered human based on what I have seen.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I ask him why his own race is worth saving. When he stares at me confusedly for a few seconds I push the little red button in my pocket, which detonates a few dozen nukes that I smuggled to his homeworld through his own dimensional portal (detonator signal goes through the same portal, naturally). Then I explain what just happened, and as despair starts to take him over I calmly explain to him the following:

Humanity isn't here to be spared or condemned by some arsehole who happened to fly by. His people have no right to even think of doing something like that and we'll burn them to ashes for trying. We don't need to justify ourselves and beg for our lives. We're humans and we're bigger arseholes than you can imagine. Oh, and one of the nukes was (naturally) on your ship. Enjoy your time as the last member of your race, jackass.

Jarvaelison

Mar 30, 2010
Look at people who do good deeds when people aren't looking. Partake in the pockets of beautiful landscape that good people worked hard to preserve agaisnt the onslaught of progression. Listen in rapture to the beautiful music created throughout the years that satisfy even the most eclectic tastes. Contemplate the literature that has been penned by great authors throughout time. Experience art.

I'd tell them to understand the people who strive every day to improve what is known as the human condition. Because while I may not be one of them, I aspire to do so - regardless of my faults. That is why humanity, for all it's faults, is worth saving. =]

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
AbundantRedundancy said:
I'd ask, "Who the fuck are you to judge?"
Couldn't have said it better. What kind of "holier than thow" alien species would be willing to kill off another species that they deemed unfit to live and try to make it justified? I say that if they threaten to kill off humanity in any way, we go balls to the wall and declare space war.

Although I would allow them to kill the people saying "We sux and isn't worth saving, please kill us out of our miseary." It would be doing those people a favor right? I mean they are asking for it.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
"What makes your race so fucking special compared to ours? Ok, yeah, you have pretty ships and giant lasers, but ask yourself one question: If you destroy us or leave us to die...does that make you any better then us? So, until you can give me a pretty good answer to that question our conversation is done...In other words: We humans aren't proving shit to you unless you prove yourselves to us first!"

llubtoille

Apr 12, 2010
If you mean saving from ourselves, then I wouldn't make an argument,
if we're destined for doom, then we deserve it.

If you mean saving from said aliens - as in the aliens think a super-space highway would look great right where we orbit,
then I probably still wouldn't make an argument, as that would be a funny way to die.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Download the internet on their computers and run like fuck.

They'll either laugh and run away, or kill themselves out of fear.

Edit: Alright, alright. For serious? I'd tell them that we don't know, but we'd fight to death to live. Bit ironic, that.

Then I'd ask them their own question.

Electric_Sunshine

Jul 6, 2011
'Seriously? Earth? You may as well be punching a newborn baby in the face and shouting out how tough of a fighter you are.'

or

'Have you ever... heard of Eric Clapton?'

or

'Don't bother, we'll kill ourselves in a few years.'

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Cut off his head.

"Bring it"

Unless they plan on annihilating us, then there's nothing to worry about. Humanity will survive. It may come to pass that A LOT of people will day, but A LOT of people is not the same as saying "Humanity".

We don't need you.

TheXRatedDodo

Jan 7, 2009
Hm. I'd figure any alien race with technology advanced enough to get here (probably through space/time manipulation; 4th dimensional shit rather than an advanced grasp on physics in the 3rd dimensions..) would probably also be quite peaceful. Why? Well, if they've managed to survive long enough to develop such advanced technology, it makes sense to me that at some point along the line they may have gained some form of species-wide enlightenment that gives them respect for all other beings of their race, and with enlightenment and a respect for your own species, logically enough, comes a respect and understanding of the equality of other species, too.

If they were to still pop the question and ask why we're worth saving I'd simply point out that both us and them have the gift of consciousness and that given time and a little shove, we could evolve ours to a similar point as their's. Surely us sentient beings should stick together, given the potential for our awareness can only increase provided we don't wipe ourselves out?
But given what I said about my theory that such a race would be quite enlightened, I am pretty sure they would already have realised that all things are a part of the divine oneness and that there is no reason for violence towards us.

Unless we're talking Reptilian Aliens such as the ones David Icke talks about.. In that case, short of finding a way to make them feel empathy en masse, I'd say we're pretty fucked.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I find it hard to imagine what criteria the aliens would judge by, things that we're passionate about could probably just be shrugged off by aliens.

The best idea would probably just to get on with our everyday lives and hope the aliens grow atleast a little bit of decency and respect for our culture despite it's flaws.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
llubtoille said:
If you mean saving from ourselves, then I wouldn't make an argument,
if we're destined for doom, then we deserve it.

If you mean saving from said aliens - as in the aliens think a super-space highway would look great right where we orbit,
then I probably still wouldn't make an argument, as that would be a funny way to die.
"if we're destined for doom, then we deserve it."

what does that even mean? "If we are in a deterministic universe, and it is determined that humanity will exterminate itself somehow, then we deserve what will happen by necessity anyway"??

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
KingPiccolOwned said:
We give them bacon... Because it's that delicious.
And won't the aliens get even more pissed off when they see our meat industry?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Ohhi said:
Umm why would we want to save humanity we are basically a disease on this planet most people don't have the intelligence to even be considered human based on what I have seen.
What? There seems to be a contradiction in what you're saying.

If you don't want to save humanity because humanity is like a disease to the planet (whatever the hell that means), and people are like a disease because most people don't have the intelligence to even be considered human, then what is it about humanity that's bad exactly?

It sounds to me that you don't want to save those who don't qualify in your opinion to be human, but if they don't qualify to be human, then humanity must consist of the "intelligent" ones, or the ones, who you believe to be worth saving.

What you apparently meant to say then, is that you don't want Aliens to save those who don't qualify as human beings to you, and that these people are bringing down the rest of humanity's legitimacy to live.

To be honest, I think you don't even realize which category of people you're actually in.