Alien asks you to prove humanity is worth saving

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I would reply: "We're probably not, but by what right do you appoint yourselves judge, jury, and executioner?"

The Serpent

Jun 20, 2011
I would sit down and show them a "documentary" called Doctor Who. The wait for them to pee their pants and leave. ;)

OT: I would probably show them Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films. Then ask them how they could kill a species so devoted to making beyond awesome entertainment and escapism.

gCrusher

Mar 17, 2011
Grayjack said:
CaptainTrilby said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVa_4UOvb-g&feature=related This man. This man right here is proof that humanity is worth saving. THE VOICE THAT COULD IMPREGNATE GOD HIMSELF through its SHEER LOUDNESS.
Not available in my country. :/
In your country, he is actually struck mute.

Can I live there? :3

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
AbundantRedundancy said:
I'd ask, "Who the fuck are you to judge?"
Oh reading that with Alan Rickman's voice in my head is pure brilliance!

I would suggest that he... she... it? Well I'd ask the alien to read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
RanD00M said:
manaman said:
or being from Iceland.
To quote the once and always great Bender Bending Rodriguez " I find that offensive." I insist you take it back at once and stop being such a doo doo head.
But the monocle and top hat mean that even when I am being a doo doo head I am doing it with class.

Class and <color=red>s<color=orange>t<color=yellow>y<color=green>l<color=blue>e. *Imagine me doing jazz hands while saying this.*

Through I do apologize for any perceived wrongness that may or many not have existed in that statement made by me.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
gCrusher said:
Grayjack said:
CaptainTrilby said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVa_4UOvb-g&feature=related This man. This man right here is proof that humanity is worth saving. THE VOICE THAT COULD IMPREGNATE GOD HIMSELF through its SHEER LOUDNESS.
Not available in my country. :/
In your country, he is actually struck mute.

Can I live there? :3
The economy is pretty crappy, but sure.

VanTesla

Apr 19, 2011
If they asked me right now I would say we're not... I would ask them though; what do you gain from ending humanity, do you think we are a threat, and what gives you the right to decide such a thing of mass genocide.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
naughtynazgul said:
What do you say/do?

You've all probably seen movie/game (coughgreenlanterndaytheearthstoodstillcough) where aliens debate on whether they should commit to sparing/saving Earth.

I figure this is probably a difficult question for pessemistics.
Well I'd say that despite the ridiculous number of setbacks/conflicts/crazy people we've had, the simple fact that we've gotten so far is credit enough to us humans. If we've have enough time, we can accomplish so much (heck we've gone through several technological tiers in only 700 years. considering that Homo sapiens has existed as a species for 200,000 years is credit enough to what humanity is capable of now)

sheogoraththemad

Feb 6, 2010
gCrusher said:
Play music for them. We create some great audible noise. There's so many types, got to be something for everyone, even ET's.
wouldn't it be ironic that the aliens would only like crap like Kesha and Beiber, and them getting medals and titles for saving the earth...

Je Suis Ubermonkey

Jun 10, 2010
I wouldn't attempt to convince them one way or the other with anything; my lone opinion isn't going to matter.

I would, however, remind them that after 3.8 billion years' worth of evolution, a process in which the most dangerous and capable survivalists prosper, we're the most deadly thing this planet has come up with - and we're barely even trying. Have a crack at wiping us out if you want, but when the nukes start to fly your way don't say I didn't warn you.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
"are we worth destroying"

"fuck you! this is OUR planet!"

"nuclear mother fucking bombs"

"tacos"

"Pizza"

Wolfe M. Howler

Jun 27, 2011
I would reverse the situation, "Do what you want to us, but when a bigger race of aliens asks you if your species is worth saving, would you be able to say yes?"

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
OK, mr. alien being, sir. I know we like to kill each other and shit, but we are worth keeping around if only because of our entertainment value.

We have great books (Crime and Punishment, damn near any Stephen King book etc. etc.). Sure there are some shit ones, but 90% of everything is crap.
We have great movies, video games, cartoons, paintings, comics, and especially music. Hell, from the early 20th century to the early 21st, you'll find some of the most awesome music to grace my shithole of a rock in space since the freaking stone age when we invented the stick.

But, the one thing we're worth maintaing for is: internet drama whores/lulcows. Chris-chan, Spax3, ConicteamTV, Richard Kuta, James M. Hardiman, Jay Naylor and various other that I'm not even aware of.

So please, let us live and we'll continue to entertain the universe with how paradoxically too stupid we are to handle our own high intelligence.
You'll have to admit, you don't meet creatures like us every day.

And if I must die... *takes off pants* It's go time.