Alien asks you to prove humanity is worth saving

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
I would ask them to watch this and let them make up their own mind. It explains our nature perfectly, yet it would make them question their own motives in destroying us.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXBCdt5IPg]

And I wouldn't let them get anywhere near a Bible.

Nov 27, 2010
"If you're thinking that you have the authority to decide whether another race should exist or not, then you should take a good hard look at your own race.

...************."

Okay, I wouldn't really say ************, that was just added for dramatic effect.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
We're not...plain and simple. We change the world around us and destroy the lives of other living beings both human and animal for our convenience and greed.

I live a great life because I was lucky enough to be born in a 'better' region of the world...but even so, humanity as it is today is not worth preserving.

Of course in the interest of self preservation, I could just do a lot of lying and leave out the reality of the world focusing only on the positive changes we strive for.

guntotingtomcat

Jun 29, 2010
I'd make them watch star trek tng and try to pass it of as a documentary.

Not much else that could be done, as far as I can see.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009

That humanity has come very far in its understanding of itself, and that it is shaking its bad habits.

Raregolddragon

Oct 26, 2008
Give them my box set of Fire Fly and if that dose not work have the watch Episodes of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

Yea TV saved the day!

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
All the music, art and all the great people who have rallied the people for righteous causes. Gandhi, Martin Luthor King, Mother Theresa just to name a few. These people are the standout few who have brought out the best in all of us. While there might be great evil, there is also equal amounts of the polar opposite.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
ZippyDSMlee said:
Prove to me your race was never human like at any point in its history.
In The Day the Earth Stood Still (yes I know it was terrible, but go with it), that's the argument John Cleese used to convince Keanu Reaves to stop the destruction of human life on earth.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
i dont think i can defend a world with cartoons as horible as planet sketch i suppose i will talk about art or somhting and if that fails i ask them why they need this worthless planet.

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
Tell them if they descide to destroy us then they better do if fast before we destroy them!

When we have their attention, tell them, yeah some people are flawwed, hell everyone is, but it's our spirit and want to help everyone around us that makes us great.

then show them technology, art, music, and other stuff that shows the powers of the human spirit.

If all that fails, we repeatedly nuke them till they go away.

No point begging them to save us, that alone will be reason for them to want to destory us.

GoodEyeSniper

Sep 9, 2008
"Offer not salvation, for thou shan't receive it in return."
i.e. "F*ck the f*ck off, right the f*ck now, or we will BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN WITH THE LEMONS!"

The momentary confusion that follows should give us a slight advantage... Unless they've already played Portal 2... In which we're as good as saved anyway!

Nabirius

Dec 29, 2009
I would tell them to leave now, or our resistance will be like a nuclear flick on the ear.

Humble Grapefruit

Jun 17, 2011
Seives-Sliver said:
I would hold my hands up and say "Alright, you got me, we're not worth saving, but just so we're even, prove that Aliens are worth keeping around." It would give them enough time to think while we blow up their planet, and take them hostage, because we're humans.

Freaking genius.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
I'd hand him (Assuming it's a dude) my ds and Twewy. Then, whilst he's busy worshipping the earthly manifestation of Christ, kick him in the nuts, take him hostage then use him to negotiate.