All New Pokemon from Pokemon Black & White Revealed

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Serris said:
soren7550 said:
Can I get a version of the game that only includes 20-30 of these new 'mons? Because a lot of the new ones make me sad, and I don't want to play a game that'll make me depressed.
then don't play, i don't see what the problem is =S
There's that option too. Since unemployment is biting me in the ass, it looks like I have to got that route anyhow. *laughs*

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
PrototypeC said:
MB202 said:
Most of them, though, are stupid and weird-looking, and especially near the end, you can tell they were either just throwing together designs at the last minute or just didn't care anymore.
There's a garbage bag pokemon. It evolves into a broken garbage bag pokemon.
*sobbing*
I saw. Wow... Just... Wow...

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Well all in all I'm pretty pleased with the line-up.
Most of them look pretty cool, some of them (such the final evolutions of the grass and fire starters) look brilliant, and only a few (such as the "ice-cream" pokemon family) look stupid.
Can't wait to play them, roll on March.

Edit: I'm dissapointed to see that Smugleaf's final evolution isn't Grass/Dragon. That may have made him my favourite starter of all time.

Nostalgia

Mar 8, 2009
GoGo_Boy said:
Stop protecting the new super shitty awful Pokemon designs. There are no nostalgia glasses.
Sure a handful old designs weren't all that good as well but this?
THIS?

Their design team should be hanged for Pokemons' sake.
That's a pretty bold statement. Is that what should happen to people whom don't agree with you as well? I happen to like a lot of designs and approve of them, so I should be hanged?

Like you said, there are bad ones. There are bad ones every generation, but people love to ignore them over and over again because they chose not to use them and will continue not to now, fading them into obscurity. This really isn't any different.

The amount of complaining over something like this is ridiculous, especially when people are saying that they'll skip out of these games or are over it, when it's clear that they have been.
Or you know, this..

Kyman102

Apr 16, 2009
Okay, I hear people ranting about how none of the designs are "organic" or "natural". About how they look "artificial" and "don't resemble natural creatures", and assigning absolutes. I think I've made it clear that I adore this generation, but in response to your rants, I give you this guy.

Mebukijika. It LOOKS like a normal deer. It's brown, it has fur in the right places, it has antlers. The only thing that differentiates it from a deer we have nowadays is that its horns seem to be made of wood, and they have flowers. A subtle hint towards the fact that it's half-grass.

This fits ever single requirement for you whiners, and yet I haven't heard a single hater remark on how this Pokemon fits every single one of your requirements. I know this won't change your mind, I just hate when people claim absolutes when there's a contradiction staring them in the face.

/soapboxing

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
John Funk said:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Smeargle_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Sorry, you were saying? :p
Hey, don't hate on the Smeargle.

OT: Well, there are enough cute/cool ones that I might pick it up. For the most part I'm wondering what the hell the design team was smoking.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Brad Shepard said:
John Funk said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Wow, new gen Pokemon look shite now don't they? *Hugs Pokemon Soulsilver* Ah, back when pokemon looked awesome.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dunsparce_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sunkern_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magneton_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aipom_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mr._Mime_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Smeargle_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Sorry, you were saying? :p
Hey, Smeargle was cool, do you know anything else that can poo paint? I think not!
well there was this zune commercial...

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Kyman102 said:
The legendaries are weird, but hell, only cheap people who can't train their Pokemon right use legendaries, yeah I went there.
My entire team of lvl 50's beg to differ. I also use Lugia, lvl 50 as well. We got through the Elite Four and Lance with Lugia hardly ever coming into the fight.

OT: Well, this solidifies my decision to not purchase this game. On top of that, the version mascots look like they have jet engines grafted to their asses. Needless to say, I'm not impressed.

scythemantis

Sep 18, 2010
Oh, come on...the garbage bag is one of the creepiest, most monstrous pokemon since Weezing. Everything about it is badass; the arms made of disgusting trash, the insane staring eyes, the nasty teeth, how can you possibly not love it?

None of the designs come off as lazy. Fankids are just spoiled and have an inflated sense of entitlement which causes them to complain when new cartoon monsters aren't everything they ever dreamt of.

The ice monster that looks like ice cream is an adorable concept, too. Even the pokemon that have sort of been done before, like a pigeon, have BETTER designs in Black & White anyway.

TheDrHuw

Jul 23, 2009
i actually really like this gen, alot of interesting guys here (looking at you desukan and candle guys) then again there are some wierd folks (the purple robot with a cannon) but all gens have had there good and bad pokemon, so i say bring on the fifth gen :)

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
It's nice to see more native fire types, and there's also an abundance of dragon types and ghost sub-types. One of my favourites is the electric spider.

mageroel

Jan 25, 2010
Psycodiablo said:
mageroel said:
They are all so ugly =c how could they... I'm getting the feeling they are trying to kill the whole series by making as ugly pokémon as possible, and yet the fanbase continues to buy their games! And expand, let's not forget expand.
Seriously? REALLY?

Look at my avatar! How can you think that is ugly?
That?!? Seriously?!? It *screams* ugly... I guess taste differs.............

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
I don't know about everyone else, but that dog one in the middle left looks bad ass.
The pokemon actually surprise me in how decent they are.

Live and learn eh?

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
There are a few that are just downright bad(an ice cream cone Pokemon? really?) but for the most part, I think they look alright. Hell a few of them look badass.

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
nintendo apparently emailed a bunch of websites and requested they take down black and white pictures due to "intellectual property" or some shit like that. im surprised they are still up here.

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
I am very disappointed with this generation. There have been a good deal of stupid designs over the last four generations but in my opinion this one takes the cake. This is not just rosy tinted glasses of nostalgia here, I have loved every generation. In fact the 4th is at least tied for my favorite with the 2nd, maybe even surpassing it. I know it is all subjective but these pokemon just don't do it for me. They are very hit and miss, for every cool one there are one of two lame ones. And the fire/ fighting type of the starter is ridiculous.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
they all are begnning to show that Nintendo is running out of ideas.

^This i mean really? thats the best they could do? I am happy with the line-up but that is not a pokemon that is a deer who has spray painted it's horns woody and glued leaves to it.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
SirBryghtside said:
werewolfsfury said:
Psycodiablo said:
Internet Kraken said:

Also this is the most adorable Pokemon.
No no, this is:
no it's the bear with snot coming out of it's nose (lol I don't know how to post pictures)
I see your bear and raise you one Yuniran!

Dawww...
PrototypeC said:
MB202 said:
Most of them, though, are stupid and weird-looking, and especially near the end, you can tell they were either just throwing together designs at the last minute or just didn't care anymore.
There's a garbage bag pokemon. It evolves into a broken garbage bag pokemon.
*sobbing*
I know! All of these new designs look awful, that garbage bag being the most disgusting! Well, apart from that Sludge Pokémon [http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/089.shtml], but of course you know all about that -.-
hey all pictures turned into ditto!