All New Pokemon from Pokemon Black & White Revealed

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Kyman102 said:
PrototypeC said:
And this is inherently inferior to a toxic blob evolving into a BIGGER blob? Look, I don't think any of these Pokemon are worth crying over. There are misses (I admit, a lot of the legendaries are... Eh) there are nice ones (Ice cream and gears... Fun, nothing phenominal) and there are awesome ones. (Dragon with an axe for a face, a hydra, a royal grass snake, a chandelier with five evil purple flames... WIN!) But if this actually makes you cry, I'm sorry, you're pathetic. v.v
OK, let me be clearer. These designs are shit. Ice cream cones with two faces. Gears. More gears. More gears with a gear under them. A zebra (no really, just a zebra. They made the fur kinda spiky, I guess? It's reverse? It's a zebra). A cockigator. The ones you mentioned are even worse.

The first 150 weren't great (and actually featured the stupidest pokemon, Tauros), but even that didn't have a ripped-open garbage bag for a Pokemon.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
wow, theres now a dog...just...a dog. and is there seriously one based off an ice cream??

anyway, the construction dude looks cool, and the electric zebra.

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
Is...is that one wielding a steel girder?! I don't care if it's kinda goofy looking, it's wielding a FREAKING STEEL GIRDER!

Darth02

Oct 1, 2009
Is it just me, or are there a lot of legendaries for just one game? Gamefreak seems to be getting worse and worse about this.

JakBandit2208

Jun 11, 2009
dogenzakaminion said:
wow, theres now a dog...just...a dog. and is there seriously one based off an ice cream??

anyway, the construction dude looks cool, and the electric zebra.
I lol'd at the ice cream cone

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Some of them look good, though a lot look like just bits of Pokemon added together. The grass starter reminds me of (I can't spell them, haven't played for ages) Requaza and the dragon eel in first gen.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
Meh, I think they look fine. At the very least, I see none who strike me as distinctly "bad."

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Brotherofwill said:
captaincabbage said:
Most of them are shit except for the seaturtle and its evo and the Caiman and it's evolutions.
I was thinking the same. My favourite is the seaturtle, by far. The caiman has a lot of goog ideas and nice progression but it ended up a little too...penis-y for my taste.
I know what you mean, I prefer the second evo of the Caiman pokemon.

I also gotta hand it to the design team, sometimes they just get things right.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
the new ones look horrible like they only included scrapped/fake pokemon the only thing B/W has going for it are its trainer models

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I like... Purotoga and Abagoora, the sea-turtle ones, and... Aianto. Doryuuzu looks kinda cool too, I guess.

Most of them just look out of place, or just completely retarded. Case-in-point: Dasutodasu. What the fuck is it supposed to be?! It looks like a mouldy cupcake with tentacles.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
megamanenm said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Wow, new gen Pokemon look shite now don't they? *Hugs Pokemon Soulsilver* Ah, back when pokemon looked awesome.
Take those glasses off, all generations had their good and bad designs.
Haven't seen a good design since Silver/Gold. I have Soulsilver and some of the "new" Pokemon I saw there made me cry.

A SUMO POKEMON? THE HELL!
John Funk said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Wow, new gen Pokemon look shite now don't they? *Hugs Pokemon Soulsilver* Ah, back when pokemon looked awesome.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dunsparce_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sunkern_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magneton_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aipom_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mr._Mime_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Smeargle_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Sorry, you were saying? :p
Dunsparce - yeah, looks like shit. But I haven't seen him once when I played Silver or Gold, just noticed him in Soulsilver. Sunkern? You can tell it's a vegetable. Magneton looks cool. Aipom is like Dunsparce - didn't see him once, never used. Mr Mime is great, and actually shows who he is - a psychic mime. No idea what they were thinking when they created Smeargle. Probably crystal meth thoughts.

..But YORKSHIRE TERRIER POKEMON? Dragonair ripoff green Pokemon?

nubmoo

Dec 26, 2009
Yeah, I think I'm going to sit this one out. It's not that I find all of them to be unappealing, it's just that so many of them look so close to previous pokemon, and some of them are just terrible. Like I said, I like some of them it's just...eugh

Kyman102

Apr 16, 2009
MissGinaKid said:
I can't see any new Eevee pokemon. Did I miss them?
All these new pokemon are standalones. There aren't ANY Pokemon related to any of the old Pokemon. So this generation contains NO Eeveelutions.

Yeah, that's kind of sad, but what're you gonna do? *Shrug*

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I like quite a bit of these...but at the same time, some of them look like older pokemon with just a bit of rehash on the design. Thats not a bad thing though. There are, just like in every pokemon game, ones that I'll use and love, ones that I'll love but never use, and some that I'll either ignore or hate with a passion.

The replacement of Ponyta, that lightning zebra looking thing, for instance, is kind of cool. But as much as I love Ponyta, I never use it. I doubt I'll ever use this thing, although I am partial to lightning types. I think I'm gonna wait and see if someone has a shinx for me so that I can have a more familiar pokemon to accompany me as I travel with all the new ones...but then again that'd kind of ruin the experience of an entirely new game.

Nostalgia

Mar 8, 2009
Hm. This thread started out positive almost! But yeah, never lasts for long.
A lot of the complaints in here are absolutely hilarious, especially the ones about Gear. Ever see Magneton guys? It's three Magnemites. No, really. Check. But take off your glasses first. Hell, that's how you fucking evolve the thing in Snap.

I love all the bug types this generation. Absolutely none are dual flying/bug either. A centipede, a mantis, a giant ant and electric tarantula? Hell yeah. I have no idea what the fire/bug one is but it looks awesome anyway. The hermit crab with the slab of stone is also pretty awesome as well.
I have to say, I'm pleased.

I have to admit though.. what a disappointing regional bird. I don't care for him that much. I mean, he's alright but not as good as the previous ones. Luckily, the other birds this generation more than make up for him.
The legendary Pokemon this generation are disappointing as well, minus the Dragon trio. The sprite for the ice/dragon one looks odd, but I can see pass that. The Raijin trio conform to what they are, but I think that they shouldn't have been so standard about it.
There are also a lot of quadrupedal fighting types this gen, which doesn't really fit? I guess I'll have to wait on that.
Also, that Ice Cream cone looks out of place.

To be honest, Game Freak doesn't give a shit if you boycott Black and White. It's already the fasting selling game for the DS on pre-orders alone and is receiving praise regardless of the "ugly" designs.

Vanguard_Ex said:
Wait, where have I seen that Pokemon on the left before...?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ATPcQUte4nM/TH1-_eVct9I/AAAAAAAAAoc/SxwykdEalZM/s1600/jock.jpg
Ooooooh shit. Now I suddenly want the terrier.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
Those look so retarded. Is it just me or have more recent Pokemon looked more like parodies people came up with in the 90's than legitimate Pokemon?

adam5396

Feb 12, 2010
While I dont hate Black & White. I am dissapointed by a lot of it. Sure, the gameplay will probably be fine. Not all the the new mons look bad. And the type switching gym sounds interesting. Although I get the feeling it'll be something super effective against your starter. To make you use other pokemon. (Fun-Fact, I got halfway through heartgold before getting my 4th pokemon. I dont catch many)

There are things I don't like however, a lot of the monster designs look...Well, not bad. But some I really just dont like. Look at 559 as a example. It and it's evolution (I assume) Look......Well, retarded. And 583 looks like a freaking Ice Cream cone. Wait, 626 looks like Tauros. I guess it's just a feeling that they're running low on ideas.