Am I Going to Die?

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
BLOONINJA 503 said:
I took a bullet for my girl once...

She ended up dumping me while I recovered
Are you fucking serious?
That sucks man.
Ive told my hopetobe girlfriend id take one for her...
but she could just dump me like you...

her and i are gunna have a chat tomorow..

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
fullmetalangel said:
I once went to the ER because I had a fever of 42C. That's pretty close to dying I suppose.

edit: That's 107.6F for those of you who use Fahrenheit... Down with Fahrenheit, it makes no sense.
Shit, 3C more and you'd be dead. That's quite bad.

I was on holiday a few years ago and I felt so incredibly awful I was truly scared for my life. Eventually somebody twigged that a doctor might be useful, and I felt better after he prescribed anti-biotics to me.

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
When I was younger me and a mate where walking up this field near my house, and there was a big mound of dirt on it, next thing my mate dives ontop of me as a bike flys narrowly overhead. Basically some twat on a scrambler almost took my head off, but my mate saw it coming so pushed me to the ground.

I've almost been bonneted afew times.

One time I got really high and while walking home accidentally started on some chavs, thought I was gunna die then, mostly because I was stoned at the time, but they left me alone.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I rode my bobby car down a staircase and almost cracked my head open.
Narrowly dodged severe meningitis, too, because it was in Eastern Europe and the doctors there weren't all that big on sterility and those fancy things.
At the time I was too young to actually think of dying, though.

Captain_Ne-San

Aug 11, 2008
About two years ago, I got what we think was the flu. But we've never been sure. I had a really high fever, I had this headache that wouldn't go away even when I slept and my muscles ached so bad that they would start to spasm. I couldn't do anything about because my work never sent out my paycheck and hadn't started my health insurance. So I spent five days like that, with nothing in the way of pain relievers or medication. I was telling my boyfriend who to give my stuff too and where I wanted my ashes spread.

Before you ask, why I didn't go to the hospital. I hate them and they're expensive. Dying was cheaper at the time.

Music Mole

Apr 15, 2009
A year ago I was learning to boost over the spine, I had several weeks of practice boosting the step up, so I thought I was ready, well in midair I realised I had no idea how to align properly with the down side front wheel cased and front flipped about 3 metres into the boxs quater pipe broke 3 of my vertibrae and suffered a severe concussion, hurt like hell made the greatest sponsorship movie clip though :D.

Dr Ravage

May 19, 2009
I accidently inhaled cyanuric fluoride while preparing it.

Chestpains, nausea and dizziness followed.

I thought I'd poisoned myself but luckily they didn't last long.

It was unfortunately, all I could smell for several hours after that.

Luckily no lasting effects.

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
hypothetical fact said:
Pseudonym2 said:
I was in a plane crash. We nose dived 20 yards away from a tiger cage. I had to undo my seat belt, kick the window out, talk to the pilot, crawl out, and get help. I did it all with a broken leg too.

Apparently there was about a 1% chance I should have survived that.
Ok I'll need a news story of this because it sounds like the next line in the story will involve you jumping in a ferrari and leaping over an exploding truck.
You'd have to sign up for MySanAntonio.com. The crash was back in 2003. It was all over the local news at the time. When I had to fly home to Connecticut the next day, a lot of people recognized me. Last year my friends found an article but it took us about 2 hours to find one that we didn't have to pay for or sign up for anything.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=SAEC&p_theme=saec&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0FC0D89F0FCB63AA&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=SAEC&p_theme=saec&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0FC12C691DFCC312&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=SAEC&p_theme=saec&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0FC0D89EE62DC6A6&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
At 17 I had a heart attack on the middle of Dartmoor during a 45 miles trek called 10 tors, so yeah.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Rigs83 said:
stinkychops said:
spuddyt said:
Mr. Moose said:
fullmetalangel said:
I once went to the ER because I had a fever of 42C. That's pretty close to dying I suppose.

edit: That's 107F for those of you who use Fahrenheit... Down with Fahrenheit, it makes no sense.
Uh.
Not to get off topic but, Fahrenheit makes no sense?
Since when?

It makes more sense to say 0 Degrees is 0 Degrees and go from there, unlike Celcius which makes 100 degrees be like 40.
actually the only logical one is Kelvin, but unless you fancy giving all temperatures used in real life in a range of about 270-310, then you accept that logic isn't neccesarily helpful.
but Fahrenheit is more arbitrary than celsius, which uses the temp between water freezing and water boiling, whereas fahrenheit (i think) just uses some values that some guy came up with some day.
Actually using Kelvin, everyday people will be even more confused. 260 degress should not be freezing. Celsius makes more sense in common day use. Kelvin in science equations.
It's really a matter of what you learned first. They tried 30 years ago to switch to Metric in the US and it failed miserably because people are too use to the old English system.
Fahrenheit is some what more logically because Mr.Fahrenheit (don't know his first name) set zero degrees as the coldest temperature he could make whereas Celsius just uses the melting point of one compound (a fairly common one)

On topic; Almost drunk bleach as a young child, I don't remember it but my parents say it was one of the scariest moments. And when I was born I couldn't breath properly but the hospital sorted that all out

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
I had the fear of dying in my sleep for about 9 years, and it nearly happened 2-3 times.

(My adnoids and tonsil were very large, leaving my sick all the time and it also made it harder to breath. I couldn't run very well until I was 7 because of the air problem, add on asmatha.

Since my operation, and I am healthy as you can could possibly imagine. Except I always get the sniffles from time to time from allergies.

ReZerO

Mar 2, 2009
Mr. Moose said:
fullmetalangel said:

edit: That's 107F for those of you who use Fahrenheit... Down with Fahrenheit, it makes no sense.
Uh.
Not to get off topic but, Fahrenheit makes no sense?
Since when?

It makes more sense to say 0 Degrees is 0 Degrees and go from there, unlike Celcius which makes 100 degrees be like 40.
Fahreneit is based off of the bailing and freezing point of saltwater
(0 F is the freezing point and 100 F is the boiling point)
Celcius is based off the freezing and bailing point of freshwater
(0 C is the freezing point and 100 C is the boiling point)

Mr Fatherland

Nov 10, 2008
I wasn't thinking that I was going to die, but the closest to death that I've been was when I was two. Apparentely, I wanted to go on a spinning round-a-bout, and I ran towards it. I tripped and was about to get my baby skull flayed open by rotating metal when my dad grabbed me by the back of my clothes. Lucky or what?

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Optimus Prime said:
Once I was incredibly out of my mind (that half awake, half asleep state) and I truly believed I was going to be killed by a monkey who had a Halo gun (don't ask me why). However it was the scariest experience of my life.
Ugh, I absolutely hate those, I get them all the time.
Except spiders crawl all over me and I once though there was a dead crab in my hair. Felt awful, I turned the light on and just wept all night.

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
Trivun said:
I was kayaking in Bala Lake (North Wales) about 4/5 years ago, capsized and paniced. I couldn't get out of the kayak and thought I was going to drown. I'm lucky enough that I can talk about it now but it was scary at the time...
That exact same thing happened to me, except I was on the Potomac River in Maryland. I was only underwater for 30 seconds maximum, but it seriously freaked me out.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Umm. I tied sliding over a car when it was going maybe 25. Stoped last second and it freaked the hel out of me.

Ohh and I have athsma so yea, shit happens