Am I Going to Die?

WheresMyCow

Oct 2, 2008
Either when one of my friends shot me in the shoulder accidentally or when I nearly cut my hand in half with a power saw. The saw was the worst of the 2 actually, you could see the bone and the skin was starting to pull back, at least when i was shot my buddy was right there to help me.

Soap6

Jan 31, 2009
sneak_copter said:
I got stung by a Jellyfish in Egypt.

Doe'snt sound spectacular, but it was on my genitals.
That was THE MOST PAINFUL THING IN THE WORLD.
ouch.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
This isn't really "I'm going to die moment", its more like "I feel like I will die".

So, last year, I was on a band trip to Ohio where we went to some theme park(name escapes me) where it held the largest rollercoaster in the world(or close to).

My friends wanted to go on it, and they forced me on it as well. I was scared of heights, and the said it would help to ride it. Bull shit to that... As the rollercoaster slowly went up the track, I looked down, and kept thinking I was going to fall. Once we reached the top, we stopped for a few seconds. I opened my eyes, and the coaster flew down the track, and honestly thought that I would fall out and die...

not the greatest story ever, but eh.

Natey80

Feb 23, 2009
Woah, some of these are pretty intense.

Well here's mine:

One time when i was biking home from school, i had to change over a few lanes because the bike lanes in CA end randomly on one side of the road and begin on another. So i was switching lanes and i suddenly hear these loud horns honking and i move to the right very quickly and a truck barely missed my body and clips the side of my bike causing me to fall in the middle of the road with my bike bent and my books spread out everywhere. Got away with it with only a few big scratches and i have about a half of in by and inch scar on my arm to this day.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Oh, this happened just a few months ago:

I was at my Great Aunt's farm in Tennessee, which as you could guess was boring, so I was riding her 4 wheeler in the cow pasture behind the house (about 10-12 acres). Now, I do not have a good concept of how fucking fast I go when driving a vehicle. Now, there is a drainage pipe that feeds into a ditch that crosses part of the pasture, it is about 5 feet deep, and there is a small bridge of ground that one must carefully cross to get across. Now, being the machoistic dumbass that I am, I decide to gun it over this narrow expanse of land. Bad Idea. Very bad Idea. It all happens in slow motion. Two wheels come off of the ground, slip to the right, and the whole damn ATV flips the fuck over... I land under it, with a handlebar jammed into the ground 6 inches from my chest and a hatchet that was in the front basket stuck a few feet away. I gain superhuman strength somehow and Push the 400 pound ATV off of me; walk ten minutes back to the house, tell them I wrecked their ATV and see myself in the mirror... Covered with dirt, grass, and blood. When I was in the air, I though I would die... And it wasn't fun... I now have an irrational fear of ATVs...

samsprinkle

Jun 29, 2008
fullmetalangel said:
I once went to the ER because I had a fever of 42C. That's pretty close to dying I suppose.

edit: That's 107.6F for those of you who use Fahrenheit... Down with Fahrenheit, it makes no sense.
lol. down with celcius! jk. We're just not used to ur celcius...though I still don't see why my country has so many stupid idiots who felt the need to make thier own temp system so we were even further isolated from the rest of the world...

Battle Medic

Sep 3, 2008
sneak_copter said:
I got stung by a Jellyfish in Egypt.

Doe'snt sound spectacular, but it was on my genitals.
That was THE MOST PAINFUL THING IN THE WORLD.
I just made my stomach make itself comfortable in my throat after I thought about that *shudder*.

Battle Medic

Sep 3, 2008
When I was about 6, I fell back in a chair and cracked my head open ON MY DAD'S BIRTHDAY. There was even blood on the ceiling. After the trip to the ER and the stitches, my dad needed an ice pop.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Appendicitis when I was 13. I was nearly dead by the time they put me in for emergency surgery.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
stinkychops said:
spuddyt said:
Mr. Moose said:
fullmetalangel said:
I once went to the ER because I had a fever of 42C. That's pretty close to dying I suppose.

edit: That's 107F for those of you who use Fahrenheit... Down with Fahrenheit, it makes no sense.
Uh.
Not to get off topic but, Fahrenheit makes no sense?
Since when?

It makes more sense to say 0 Degrees is 0 Degrees and go from there, unlike Celcius which makes 100 degrees be like 40.
actually the only logical one is Kelvin, but unless you fancy giving all temperatures used in real life in a range of about 270-310, then you accept that logic isn't neccesarily helpful.
but Fahrenheit is more arbitrary than celsius, which uses the temp between water freezing and water boiling, whereas fahrenheit (i think) just uses some values that some guy came up with some day.
Actually using Kelvin, everyday people will be even more confused. 260 degress should not be freezing. Celsius makes more sense in common day use. Kelvin in science equations.
It's really a matter of what you learned first. They tried 30 years ago to switch to Metric in the US and it failed miserably because people are too use to the old English system.

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
Well, I did spend four years in the Army, but, to be honest, I can't say there were numerous times where I felt like I might die.

I did slip while hiking and almost fell off a mountain though. That was pretty serious, I was scared out of my mind and going on adrenaline for a good hour.

That, and I was supposed to die at birth. Came out premie and all sorts of crap. Perfectly healthy and fine now, though.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Probably driving on the interstate at 10 PM, hitting a blinding snow storm and being surrounded by other cars. Scariest driving experience I've ever had, I couldn't see more than 20 feet in front of me, and the thick snow made the actual road impossible to discern against the fields off to the side. Going from 70 mph to 20 mph in the space of ten minutes, and losing traction with 10 people around you is never fun. I really hate snow. I also got hit with a steel shotgun pellet in the jaw when I was out target shooting. It was a ricochet so it lost most of it's velocity by the time it came back, but it's still interesting firing a shotgun and then feeling a sharp pain in your jaw and wiping blood off. Not as bad as getting a machete in the jaw I suppose, but it only bled for 10 hours.

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
I was in a plane crash. We nose dived 20 yards away from a tiger cage. I had to undo my seat belt, kick the window out, talk to the pilot, crawl out, and get help. I did it all with a broken leg too.

Apparently there was about a 1% chance I should have survived that.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
I once caught a sudden case of Influenza. I didn't see it coming. I was cold, shivering, looking for warmth. I even stuck my hand in boiling water, and it didn't do a thing.
I honestly thought I was gonna die. Seems a bit wimpy, but I really did.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
I was at a friends house and started to choke on a digestive...I couldn't breathe or anything, then my friend smacked me on the back and I coughed it out, I was coughing for about 15 minutes after that.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
guardian001 said:
The only thing that's ever happened to me that was remotely life threatening was the time I coughed up blood. lots of blood. I believe I lost somewhere a bit under two liters of blood. I had an extra artery that went directly from my aorta to the bottom of my lung. Apparently I was pretty much a unique case, because no one could figure out why it was happening for almost a week until they finally found the stupid little artery that shouldn't have existed. Not a fun experience.
Isn't that called consumption? When your lungs fill up with blood and you drown in your own blood, I think king Edward, king henry the eighths son, died of it.

The only times I've been close to death was when I was born the umbilical cord was stuck around my neck, it almost strangled me to death, my face went completely purple.
The other time was when I was ten, I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't breath, I kept moving side to side because I found I could breath easier on certain sides, I didn't know anything was happening for about half an hour until my parents came in because they heard my extremely loud wheezing, they put a bowl of boiling water under my face to help me breath, if they hadn't come in I may have suffocated.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
Pseudonym2 said:
I was in a plane crash. We nose dived 20 yards away from a tiger cage. I had to undo my seat belt, kick the window out, talk to the pilot, crawl out, and get help. I did it all with a broken leg too.

Apparently there was about a 1% chance I should have survived that.
Ok I'll need a news story of this because it sounds like the next line in the story will involve you jumping in a ferrari and leaping over an exploding truck.