Am I Going to Die?

Mr Fatherland

Nov 10, 2008
vivaldiscool said:
For me, when I was 12, a crackhead,who was wanted for murder, broke into my house while I was home alone. In reterospect, seeing as I was hiding behind a door with a sharpened 5" throwing knife in my hand, I may have stood a chance. Still freaked me out though.
Could you possibly explain this a bit more?

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
Trivun said:
Optimus Prime said:
Once I was incredibly out of my mind (that half awake, half asleep state) and I truly believed I was going to be killed by a monkey who had a Halo gun (don't ask me why). However it was the scariest experience of my life.
I'm asking...
I'm a bit curious of this as well...

And once, we rode a roller-coaster at Disney World, it stopped in mid-loop, and I almost fell out of my seat. It was the one where everything is dark, so I war really freaking out, because I didn't know if it was high up, or low down.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Crashed with a Go-kart into a wall at 30 Km/h. Although the thought of dying was not that which scared me, it was more of the thought that I was extremly close to get paralyzed in my back bone wich kinda makes my entire body paralyzed. I know it doesn't sound like much but those cars does not have a seat belt and I was only 10 back then.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
I went very fast off a 20+ ft drop-off on a mountain bike and had to bail. Whilst in the air I though I was going to die. Luckily I was just unconscious for 15mins.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
I have:
1) Fallen out of a tree onto a barbed wire fence when i was ten and had to have a rib removed, and i had deep cuts all over me, thought i was going to die because i had difficulty breathing because the rib was at a funny angle
and
2) Dehydrated when i was 5 at my birthday party in this place with a slide and ball pits and stuff (i loved that place) and had to be put on a drip at hospital, i had tubes in my arm my nose and my mouth (i think) and because i was 5 i was terrified of dying because i had no idea what was going on

The 2 scariest experiences of my life!
I also have a fear of getting stabbed by chavs :p

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
fullmetalangel said:
Mr. Moose said:
Uh.
Not to get off topic but, Fahrenheit makes no sense?
Since when?

It makes more sense to say 0 Degrees is 0 Degrees and go from there, unlike Celcius which makes 100 degrees be like 40.
Okay, this will probably be best explained in anchoring points (I just made that term up) of the two systems, i.e. the points on the scale that measure everything else:
0F, 32F, 96F

Celsius? Simply 0 and 100.

0 degrees in Fahrenheit? The temperature where, and I quote:

Wikipedia said:
The zero point is determined by placing the thermometer in a mixture of ice, water, and ammonium chloride, a salt.
32F? The temperature at which water freezes.
96F? The human body temperature.

0 degrees in Celsius? Simply the temperature at which water freezes and the same temperature where things start to get cold as hell when you walk out the door.

100 degrees in Celsius? The boiling point of water, very useful for cooking.

Now you look at that and tell me which one is easier to understand.
I know EXACTLY what you mean... The only farenheit temperature I can remember is -40, because it's the same in Celsius. :)

On Topic: Ever been on one of those vertical slide things? Yeah, well, I was on one and something snagged and caused me to start boucing and rolling down sideways. I ended up with some bruises and my money back but I was fine really... Those were some of the scariest 3 seconds I've ever experienced though 8-O

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
the first time i remember thinking that i was going to die was when i was around 7. i was staying at my aunts house, and suffered from hay fever, an allergy to cats, and asthma. during the night, i had a simultanious attack from all 3, and had to go to hospital and be resuscitated.

there are others, but i cant remember most of them.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Couldn't get out of a capsized canoe and started to swallow pond water and got close to drowning.

Wasn't a nice experience.

tacomonkey 360

Mar 27, 2009
Well I was on a ride at a themepark one of the parts malfuctions and The ride starts to swing off course. They took awile to stop it. Thankfuly nobody was hurt. On bright side we all resvide free seson passes.

UberCharlie

Aug 12, 2008
I honestly thought I was going to die at Dollywood. Yep, Dolly Parton's theme park in Tennessee. It has a water park section. I was caught in the wave machine without any sort of flotation device. I was pinned between a wall and some enormously fat people. I was inhaling water, but made it to shore alive.

At the time, I was thinking, "Really? Dollywood?"

deathless14

Apr 24, 2009
once I was sitting in english class when I randomly blacked out and according to the kid next to me I fell from my chair and blood randomly came flooding from my nose. I woke up one hour later in the ER and to this day the doctors still have no idea what happened. but they did say that i almost died from blood loss.

Blackhol

May 28, 2009
One day i was walking in the woods and i ending up getting stuck in this mud pool type thing, it acted like quick sand and slowly pulled me down. Luckily i acted fast and got out of my shoes and jumped back onto regular ground. To this day i still don't know what it was, i think the earth was trying to eat me...

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
05rutterb said:
I also have a fear of getting stabbed by chavs :p
Anyone living in england has that.

My tale is just an illness related one. When I was 11 I was rushed into hospital with severe Pneumonia, I'd spent 2 weeks on the couch at home with a blanket on being sick and just basically dying. My dad thought it was a bad flu (he's a GP), and my mum took that as the gospel truth. After a few days they got my doctor in and I was rushed to the infirmary in my city. For those of you unaware, Carlisle infirmary is quite possibly the worst hospital in the world, the nurses were nice, but idiotic. I spent 2 weeks in that hospital, being filled full of antibiotics (which BURNED as they went into my arm via the drip), eventually they stuck several needles into my back to take a sample of the fluid on my left lung (I had about an inch of air space in my left lung). I was quickly rushed to Newcastle infirmary to have an operation. I had the op. a day later and was discharged from the hospital 2/3 days later, with nary but a 3/4 inch scar on my back.

The only time I thought I was going to die was when my dad was looking at me going "it's going to be ok" that scared me shitless. I don't think I had time to comprehend dying, I was asleep for 20 hours of the day.

The whole thing was pretty bad though for an 11 year old and I got the virus from the place I went to celebrate my 11th birthday :/

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
One time, I got hate mail from Chuck Norris...

OKAY, seriously?

That time that I didn't listen to Nomoresanity for a day. I was in mortal danger

TopHatTim

Nov 8, 2008
someone slipped 4 hits of LSD's in a pint glass once...i had never been so scared in my life.

Flytch

Mar 11, 2008
Few times, nearly fell off a bridge into a flooded river once, about a sixty foot fall, but nothing major. I have a knack for getting very close to danger while rarely ever getting hurt:D

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
stinkychops said:
I usually take the liberty to thank people who choose to necro rather than duping. But you necro'd with an off topic, That's rather strange.

As for my near death experience. When I was born, I was born with the ... The ... Allright, I don't know what it is in english. The line that enters your naval. Providing you with food when you're in the stomach, you know .. The one they cut when you're born. Yeah, that one.
I was borned with that around my throat. It seems my first suicide attempt happened before I was even born .. Yeah ..

There is also a couple of times where I've passed out, then proceeded with coughing blood all around me. But I was a young tad back then, and thought it was awsome sleeping in the hospital while playing the PlayStation.

But those are slightly off topic, as I didn't really fear for my death at those times.

Here is one more on topic, though:
I and a couple of other kids were playing on a branch from a tree. Below us there was a wall made out of stone. And as I was climbing further out on this branch, I lost my grip. I were sent down head-first towards this wall. Not only did I think I was going to die, appereantly my brain did as well. Because as I was falling, I could see my entire life's highlights flash before my eyes. I managed to hold on to the branch, so I didn't even get injured. But the second between the fall, and me "regaining coinsciousness" I was stuck no where, watching my life flash by for two hours. That is one incredible experience I'll bring along my entire life

Animated Rope

Apr 14, 2009
First time I had sleeping paralysis I though it heralded my death. I was too young to know what it was and naive enough to believe in stories of arbitrary ways of dying.