An anime that dissapointed

Admiral Crunch

Nov 25, 2010
Any that just didn't live up to what it could have been, and yes, I know the
list could be endless so just the most dissapointing ones.
Mine is easily Bleach. To me it just didn't express itself that well and suffered
for it.

Shining_Pyrelight

Oct 17, 2010
Gantz. The manga was good...ish (and still on-going), but the anime for some reason couldn't do the same and was rather boring. It actually ends in a filler arc.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Bleach and FMA, by the gods those two show's where massive letdowns to me.

Admiral Crunch

Nov 25, 2010
I agree. I found it almost difficult to finish it because I had lost intrest around
the tenth episode. It was okay, just not great.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
I can't stand the cutesy half of Elfen Lied, nor can I stomach the hopelessly derivative support characters.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Elfen Lied.
Easily.
It had a cool idea but the Hollow and stupid characters, really bad fanservice, and lack of character development really hurt it.
The story and dialog didn't help much ether.

Jacking

Dec 24, 2010
The "second half" of Death Note. It wasn't absolutely awful, but it was no where near as good and just felt unnecessary.

The Geek Lord

Apr 15, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:
Okay, I just have to ask, does everyone else on the forum have a magical space computer, or is mine the only one that lags when your avatar shows up?

Anyways, the anime that disappointed me most... Wait, Xenosaga was a game, wasn't it? Fuck.

Well, there's always... Wait, Dawn of the New World was also a game.

I guess I could say... No, Tales of the Abyss was still a video game. Although with that gameplay to cutscene ratio makes that questionable.

Jacking said:
The "second half" of Death Note. It wasn't absolutely awful, but it was no where near as good and just felt unnecessary.
Dude! Dramatic. Slow motion. Chocolate eating. How the hell is that not absolutely awful?

Okay, wait, I got it. Gundam SEED. The only thing good about that anime was the fact that Kira's voice actor was also Ed from Ed, Edd, & Eddy.

There's a reason I've blocked it out of my childhood memory.

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
Bleach. I followed for 200 episodes, they filled it in with too many fillers, a friend of mine kept me updated on the manga, and I knew that they were not going to find a reasonable way to end it anytime soon, though we all know what'll happen.

I'll also throw .Hack//sign in there, but that's likely because I hadn't followed the franchise at all, so I was bored out of my mind.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
The post-L death note was borderline unwatchable. I almost thought the same about the ending of Soul Eater but I over-thought the ending so much that in the end it made perfect sense and remains one of my favorite animes.
<spoiler=Soul Eater manga spoiler>Even Giriko's death in the manga was really cool and clever when I thought deeply about it. It was stupid that he/she died from too much rage but then again every episode of the anime begins with the phrase a sound soul dwells within a sound mind and body and Giriko's body and mind were corrupt so his/her soul couldn't take it
Yay for giant cop=outs making way too much sense

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
i have 3 most disappointing
1 and 2 are bleach and naruto and for the same reason, massive amounts of filler, i mean really naruto has almost if not more filler than the actual story.and bleach for having filler right in the middle of the action......

the last one is Full metal alchemist brotherhood, i was excited for the remake but ended up disappointed on how dull it was.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
One Piece, it was the first anime i watched (not including Pokemon) but found it really boring. Blood+ started good but lost it and i got bored. tried the Devil May Cry anime (never played the games) but lost interest in that, too. currently, Kuroshitsuji is holding up well...but weird

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
CarpathianMuffin said:
Bleach. I followed for 200 episodes, they filled it in with too many fillers, a friend of mine kept me updated on the manga, and I knew that they were not going to find a reasonable way to end it anytime soon, though we all know what'll happen.

I'll also throw .Hack//sign in there, but that's likely because I hadn't followed the franchise at all, so I was bored out of my mind.
Gah.
Sign was another that was really disappointing.
It started out great but quickly got extremely boring, with really forced "Romance", if that's what you wanna call whatever the mc and that chick were angsting about most of the time, and the ending really really REALLY pissed me off.
Most Anticlimactic bs iv ever seen.

Dec 14, 2008
Desert Punk, it was really good, but the ending had no real conclusion.

I also didn't like the ending to Evangelion. Mainly because I'm a sucker for guy gets girl and they live happily ever after endings, and Evangelion's ending was basically a really twisted version of that.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
linkvegeta said:
the last one is Full metal alchemist brotherhood, i was excited for the remake but ended up disappointed on how dull it was.
Is that so? Because I understood that the Brotherhood would be based on the Manga like 95% and I LOVED the Manga. I mean I watched the 51 episode thing first and thought it was superb but the manga was like 100 times better, and Brotherhood failed? I haven't seen it but it really missed as an anime even if the Manga was so great?

My anime disappointment must be Bleach and Naruto (fillers oh the fillers), that's why I change to the Manga. Then I also watched another series (only like 15 episodes) and that must've been shit since I've even forgot the name :)

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Deathnote, after
L's demise

Watching him and Light's mind games with each other, playing out like a rapid game of chess, was one of the greatest aspects of the series. Once he was gone, we instead were treated to two vastly inferior characters who came across more as shallow imitations of the one of the series' most interesting characters.

After this, the show took a nosedive in quality, with more plot holes, contrivances, etc. running it into the ground. It just lost all of its steam.

However, all the episodes up to and including it are still fantastic pieces of entertainment, and are definitely worth watching. Just stop once this certain character dies, and come up with your own conclusion. It'll be far more satisfying.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
The Geek Lord said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Well, there's always... Wait, Dawn of the New World was also a game.
The Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World?
I liked that game :mad:
But you liked the first one? I think the first one was better, but also liked the second one :)

iamthelizardqueen88

Dec 10, 2010
Easily Ikki Tousen you would think that a show with the idea to have ancient Chinese war lords reincarnated as half naked hot girls and have them battle to the death would be a great show and you would be wrong id give it like a 5 out of 10 (2 of those points are for partial nudity and the badass lesbian character)

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
Guffe said:
linkvegeta said:
Is that so? Because I understood that the Brotherhood would be based on the Manga like 95% and I LOVED the Manga. I mean I watched the 51 episode thing first and thought it was superb but the manga was like 100 times better, and Brotherhood failed? I haven't seen it but it really missed as an anime even if the Manga was so great?

My anime disappointment must be Bleach and Naruto (fillers oh the fillers), that's why I change to the Manga. Then I also watched another series (only like 15 episodes) and that must've been shit since I've even forgot the name :)
i cant say for sure, i never read the manga, but i just found it boring and dull and when it was playing my head was screaming to turn it off.but hey i think that is just me, i hear other people enjoyed it