An end to racism and discrimination?

Gooble

May 9, 2008
Nice dream, but it'll never happen. Possibly (a very slightly tiny miniscule possibly) the no nations thing, but there will always at least regions, probably with the same borders of their old countries. And there will always be classes to discriminate, or dumb people, or smart people, or disabled people, or lazy people, or poor people (etc. etc. etc.). And there is no way you can get rid of accents, you 'gain' accents when learning to talk from the people around you, who will all be speaking in one particular regional way.

Theoretically the human race will keep getting smarter and smarter, meaning that we will be able to overcome our natural instincts to compete with others, but I can't see this happening for many many generations.

Tedacho

Mar 11, 2009
How about sexism? I hope we wouldn't all be one sex, I like sex. Girls are pretty.

Also, I don't like your moral ideas. Lots of times it's a good idea to do some killing, and where do you get off in saying what I should and should not do as far as adultrey. None of your buisness.

Also, wars all caused by population preasure, not hatred. So if Joe sees that Bob has something that would make Joes life easier, Joe is going to come up with some reason why he should take it. Your society isn't going to fix that. The only thing that is going to fix that is increaseing standward of living, which isn't going to happen in a purely agricultural society.

Also, how about art? Sometimes art makes me feel bad, hurts my feelings, says bad things about who I am. We should get rid of it right? I mean that can't be ok. Using negative reinforcment is mean spirted right? It couldn't make me a better person, since it made me sad. Lets get rid of art. Pesky thing, with all it's motivatin and all.

How do you reconcile those points? I'm curious.

MyFiyaBePurged O_o

Sep 21, 2008
what killed me is when he said hatred is the same as murder....i hate pudding. DIE!!!!!

But on a more serious note, I think this was previously stated but I think I'll revisit it. One of my major problems with your ill conceived utopia (though i can tell you have the best of intentions at heart) is the individual's own understanding of right and wrong.

You see everyone has there own set of morals, albeit from being a product of their environment, research, or even genetics - peoples brains will decipher what they believe what is right and what is wrong on a personal level. And with that it is inherent in human nature to rebel against that which we believe is wrong. You can even go so far as to say that since there are so man variables for the whole right/wrong aspect, that neither right nor wrong exist - there are only degrees and differences.

In knowing this how do you truly set the standard of belief and living when you cannot see into the minds of each individual. You say we aren't thinking about the many only the individual, the problem is even in the many - the idividual still exists it still thrives and its what makes us human.

If we gave into your perception of your future, you would retain who you are while we'd lose ours seemingly. That in itself is a selfish act. I hope you understand what it is we are saying. People enjoy who they are, the differences the joys and heartache the highs and the lows...the multitude of cultures cuisines dialects hues of skin destinations histories both good and bad...the very essence of humanity is in the fact that we are so diverse. to rob us of that is to rob this world of its zest and beauty.

And I leave you with this "without darkness, how will we find the light....and without light, how can we defeat the darkness". in the end the world needs darkness for light to shine. oh...and watch the watchmen. youll see what it takes to make your world a reality. aint so pretty.

/end rant

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Well...the OP's plan of creating unity amongst mankind by elminating all individuality would not only fail to stop conflict and discrimination (if you eliminate one thing that makes a person unique then there'll just be another...we are individual living beings, not perfectly identical machines) but would also cripple us technologically, socially and culturally (our differences and conflicts are what have led to us having such a vivid and varied history and culture around the world, if everything was the same and we all just got along then there's be no drive or motivation to excell or imagine).

Racism and discrimination is a bad thing, there's no doubt about that, but this kind of solution is about as appropriate as setting a block of flats on fire to catch a mouse.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
handofpwn said:
I do believe that there was a book written on something like this where all of the color in the world was gone and there were strict rules. Everyones fate was predecided. The main character, however, became the keeper of the worlds history and was the only one allowed to lie. In the end he died trying to escape the town with a baby that was going to be killed because of some defect. Or it might have been the previous keeper of history that he escaped with, i cant remember. It was a childrens book, though, and a decent read at that.
It was The Giver.

It was a very nice read for me, made me think a little bit.

Oh, and to the OP, your idea is completely invalid, impossible, and far from optimal. Live and let live.

McKinley

Mar 12, 2009
...and zen, ze dream vill finally be realized.

Godwin's Law aside, I admire your good intentions but this is just too much a risk for a certain familiar scene...

Let me put it this way, how long do you suppose it'll be be before someone corrupt took the reins? Then what?

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Wait for an alien invasion.

I truly believe that the only way that humanity will unite as one nation and not fight each other is when an immediate threat to our planet occurs that can only be resolved by fighting against it.
And I'm not talking about "global warming and carbon footprint" immediate bullshit. I mean IMMEDIATE like Independence Day. The moment we have a common enemy trying to destroy and/or enslave humanity, THEN we will unite as one race.
If not, then at the very least we'll be more amicable towards each other when we realise we're not so fucking special.

Kandon Arc

Mar 10, 2009
Men are ingenious at creating differences. Remove all current ones and they'll think up 50 more before lunch.

Delicious

Jan 22, 2009
Pyronox said:
Religion is the root of all evil in this era...

...and the UN must enforce.
These made me giggle.

First one because of how ignorant it is. Someone is seriously overestimating the influence of religion in this day and age.

Second one because the idea of the UN enforcing anything is like a belligerent armless man strangling someone.

He can threaten all right, but in the end he can't do shit.

Scarecrow38

Apr 17, 2008
leontyrone said:
I've been thinking about this for a long time now and just wanted to see what others thought about it.

Steps towards ending racism and discrimination:
1. erase all nation and international borders and create a single nation.
2. (this would have to be implanted into the infants) - by having erased all nations and creating a single nation, eventually, separate cultures would merge together, forming a single culture, which would lead to an end of culutral discrimination.
3. also by merging all peoples, a singular language would need to be created and accents would disappear, thus an end to language discrimination.
4. Over time, as we continue to procreate, eventually all races would merge into a singular race, thus an end to racism.
5. If all those infants were taught the same morals of law and justice, then there would be no hate, or theft, or murder. (sort of like communism without a government)

With everybody being of one race, one culture, one language, and one nation, nobody would be over another and there would be no need of racism or discrimination (unless of course some persons experienced deformities or disabilities at birth or at any point in their lives).

With that, I'd like to leave you with a message which I titled "A simple but powerful prayer for friends"
Grant me the courage to protect those most precious to me, the ability to carry their sorrows, and the happiness to know that they lived better lives through me.
I see what you're getting at and it's a good thing you're attempting to create but we might as well, in the next 24 hours, end all conflict in the Middle East, cure every single type of cancer, colonise Mars and meet back here at half past impossible.

Kandon Arc

Mar 10, 2009
Pyronox said:
Religion is the root of all evil in this era.
Interesting how the most generally agreed evil man of the century, Hitler, was not religious or influenced by it; how the two most devestating wars in history, WW1 and 2, were explicitly secular; and how two of the most oppressive regimes on Earth, China and North Korea, are vehemently anti-religion.

Bachanomon92

Jan 13, 2009
It might work, but only through excessive military force and whatnot. This would lead to the resentment of the conquerors, thus leading to indifference, going full circle back to racism.

Racism will never die, as much as people want it to. People will always think differently, its just a part of the human condition.

You want everyone to get along? Find a select group of people who think exactly alike, hole them up in a bunker, arm them, nuke everyone else, and have your select few kill off the other survivors.

I have a nagging feeling that I didn't use a few words correctly.......