An end to racism and discrimination?

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Like I care about respecting you.
My enemies show me what is right from wrong, therefore they deserve my graditude, without them, I would commit wrongs. I am your enemy and you are mine, you show me how wrong I could be if I started thinking like you, I show you how you could be if you would be a little more unselfish in life.
I do not hate, to hate is to believe that a person's existence should have never been. You hate me and you desire that I should die, who is truly a murderer here?
I want people to believe that they can change this world with time for the better, you hate anybody who does not conform to your ways. So go on, oppose that which does not exist nor will probably ever exist. I'd die for my family or live a life of slavery than to give up the lives of the people I cared about.
Its seems you really should get off the Escapist if you cant respect its members. Also,you say "you hate anybody who does not conform to your ways" but all you've done on this thread or any thread you've posted on,is to try and force us to think like you. I think its time you realised that not everyone is going to follow you blindly like you follow your god!
I respect its members, but what I can't respect are those who don't respect others. I've given my time and energy to talk about something and these people hate me for wanting a better world.
Maybe it's you who needs to find God. I don't desire that everyone would confrom to my ideas but I do desire that people should respect my opinion on matters, unlike you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should be allowed to say it without being threatened.
I know people will not follow because they think of only themselves, they don't understand how people suffer. They see everyone as being inferior, like you.
So you cant respect yourself? Because you definatly dont respect others.
You've given your time and energy? Well I can understand time,but energy? Yes,its so tiring to press keys on your computer! Once again,youre trying to make think like you,I do not beleive in god and you cannot change that. And yes,we are entitled to our opinions but,from the way you have been acting,it wouldnt seem like it! And I'm guessing you do understand suffering,do you? Finally,I dont see people as being inferior,in fact I think most people on the Escapist are much smarter than me,you assume I think I'm superior just because I have an argument!

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Anomynous 167 said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:
You assume existence demands respect. I say your very premise is bullshit. Existence does not demand respect. One does not deserve respect in merely existing.
It's selfish people like you who don't deserve respect. You care for yourself, see only yourself and you place yourself at the top and look down upon others. I exist, therefore I believe I deserve to be acknowledged about my existence, I deserve to be respected for wanting for this world rather than myself.
I'd rather give up my life for my family, friends, and enemies if I knew they would be safe and secure till the end of their days. You'd rather die for yourself rather than save a dying friend.
Get over yourself. You deserve no respect. Especially not with the world view you espouse. You deserve to be reviled. I don't believe that you should respect me because I exist. If I wanted your respect (and I certainly don't) I'd want it because I espouse the belief that difference is good, humanity can better itself, and that I'm not some bottom pandering feel-gooder.

I would not give up my life for my enemies. Your forced altruism is disgusting. It is antithetical to progress. Crawl back in to whatever hole you crawled out of, please. Your vision for the future is dystopian and hateful in nature, and I'd prefer violent death in its opposition than existence in its slavery.
My enemies show me what is right from wrong, therefore they deserve my graditude, without them, I would commit wrongs. I am your enemy and you are mine, you show me how wrong I could be if I started thinking like you, I show you how you could be if you would be a little more unselfish in life.
I do not hate, to hate is to believe that a person's existence should have never been. You hate me and you desire that I should die, who is truly a murderer here?
I want people to believe that they can change this world with time for the better, you hate anybody who does not conform to your ways. So go on, oppose that which does not exist nor will probably ever exist. I'd die for my family or live a life of slavery than to give up the lives of the people I cared about.
Good for you... You lack respect for someone else.
Paragraph 2, you really haven't showed that much graditude to all you're enamies in this topic
Paragraph 3, now, now, now he can only be a murderer if he succeeds.
Paragraph 4, you're the one that's hating everyone that doesn't conform to you're ways. Infact the whole arguament AGAINST YOU is that so no one has to conform. So in you're idea of a Utopia (a totalitarian state) depending on the princibles that it is based on you wouldn't of been able to live with that princible.
Everyone here is encouriging DEVERSITY, while you are encouraging CONFORMATY.
Hope that helped you relise you're hypocrasy.

(2) first of all I won't show gratitude to their opinions and their hatred against me.
(3) no, hatred is the same as murder. If you hate someone, you desire to hurt them in some fashion and wish that they were not there. If you desire that that person was not there, then that to me is the same as murder.
(4) I do not hate the persons but rather their opinions of me. Besides, the world I desire does not exist nor will it ever most likely, and people are already saying "I'd rather die than live" as if I were forcing them into becoming a part of it. My utopia has no leader and I myself do not seek any sort of leadership. I only wished for persons to view my thoughts on how to end racism. And everyone here is not encouraging diversity but rather individuality and self-love over love of those around you and self-sacrifice.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Its seems you really should get off the Escapist if you cant respect its members. Also,you say "you hate anybody who does not conform to your ways" but all you've done on this thread or any thread you've posted on,is to try and force us to think like you. I think its time you realised that not everyone is going to follow you blindly like you follow your god!
I respect its members, but what I can't respect are those who don't respect others. I've given my time and energy to talk about something and these people hate me for wanting a better world.
Maybe it's you who needs to find God. I don't desire that everyone would confrom to my ideas but I do desire that people should respect my opinion on matters, unlike you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should be allowed to say it without being threatened.
I know people will not follow because they think of only themselves, they don't understand how people suffer. They see everyone as being inferior, like you.
You've given your time and energy? Well I can understand time,but energy? Yes,its so tiring to press keys on your computer! Once again,youre trying to make think like you,I do not beleive in god and you cannot change that. And yes,we are entitled to our opinions but,from the way you have been acting,it wouldnt seem like it! And I'm guessing you do understand suffering,do you? Finally,I dont see people as being inferior,in fact I think most people on the Escapist are much smarter than me,you assume I think I'm superior just because I have an argument!
i agree with your point to an extent, but i think that you are letting your aggression undermine your what you are trying to say

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
oh dear.

I was gearing up to write something long winded, but then reread the op, and decided to just say:

fail.

same content, fewer words.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
thiosk said:
oh dear.

I was gearing up to write something long winded, but then reread the op, and decided to just say:

fail.

same content, fewer words.
*applauds*

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:
You assume existence demands respect. I say your very premise is bullshit. Existence does not demand respect. One does not deserve respect in merely existing.
It's selfish people like you who don't deserve respect. You care for yourself, see only yourself and you place yourself at the top and look down upon others. I exist, therefore I believe I deserve to be acknowledged about my existence, I deserve to be respected for wanting for this world rather than myself.
I'd rather give up my life for my family, friends, and enemies if I knew they would be safe and secure till the end of their days. You'd rather die for yourself rather than save a dying friend.
Get over yourself. You deserve no respect. Especially not with the world view you espouse. You deserve to be reviled. I don't believe that you should respect me because I exist. If I wanted your respect (and I certainly don't) I'd want it because I espouse the belief that difference is good, humanity can better itself, and that I'm not some bottom pandering feel-gooder.

I would not give up my life for my enemies. Your forced altruism is disgusting. It is antithetical to progress. Crawl back in to whatever hole you crawled out of, please. Your vision for the future is dystopian and hateful in nature, and I'd prefer violent death in its opposition than existence in its slavery.
Thank you so very much for saying everything (or at least almost everything) that needed to be said. I am currently wondering why this topic has not been locked.

On topic it is human nature to advance and become more materialistic. Even during peace technology progresses and with that technology comes new forms of entertainment which bring more materialism. It is perfectly normal and is the way people have been working since the start of humanity.
lock the topic by all means, this thread just goes to prove how many selfish people live in this world
You want selfish let's take you for example. You want the whole world to follow your idea, nobody else can have their own. We're all wrong and you're right. You are the one who is selfish.

My ideas? Are you sure that maybe I didn't form them around other peoples' ideas. I believe that at some of the people in this world are entitled to a life without harassment and scorn for being who they are, like me. You say I stunt you ideas but you fail to mention even 1. Maybe I am in the right, I give a suggestion and people ridicule me for having an opinion. Now who is stepping on free will. You all hate me because of my independent thoughts and claim to support free will. Maybe you all are wrong because you do not want hatered, wars, and killings to end just to save yourself . Hatred and wars and killings are the result of racism and discrimination, things you support, you all support, so who is truly the evil one here? The answer is people like you.
NO NO and NO. What we did is told you reasons it would work. It was debating an idea. I do not hate you, I don't hate many people. I would never hate someone over a difference of opinion. Here's the thing. None of us can prove who is wrong and who is right. We may be right or you may be right, fact of the matter is I doubt we'll ever know. That means we also don't know who is evil. You may be evil or we may be evil. Again we'll most likely never know. You asked what we thought of your idea and we told you.
and all I did was give you a response, at first, I respected your opinions and gave you answers, but as more and more people came into the conversation, telling me that I was stepping on independent thought, that was when this thread took a turn for the worse. If people had fully read what I wrote, we probably would not be having this conversation right now.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
tthor said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
i agree with your point to an extent, but i think that you are letting your aggression undermine your what you are trying to say
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
On some of your comments, you act superior by saying that you don't believe in God and that I am a fool for believing. So in some of your opinions, you do see me as inferior

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
leontyrone said:
tthor said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
On some of your comments, you act superior by saying that you don't believe in God and that I am a fool for believing. So in some of your opinions, you do see me as inferior
Yes,I do see you as inferior.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:

Thank you so very much for saying everything (or at least almost everything) that needed to be said. I am currently wondering why this topic has not been locked.

On topic it is human nature to advance and become more materialistic. Even during peace technology progresses and with that technology comes new forms of entertainment which bring more materialism. It is perfectly normal and is the way people have been working since the start of humanity.
lock the topic by all means, this thread just goes to prove how many selfish people live in this world
You want selfish let's take you for example. You want the whole world to follow your idea, nobody else can have their own. We're all wrong and you're right. You are the one who is selfish.

My ideas? Are you sure that maybe I didn't form them around other peoples' ideas. I believe that at some of the people in this world are entitled to a life without harassment and scorn for being who they are, like me. You say I stunt you ideas but you fail to mention even 1. Maybe I am in the right, I give a suggestion and people ridicule me for having an opinion. Now who is stepping on free will. You all hate me because of my independent thoughts and claim to support free will. Maybe you all are wrong because you do not want hatered, wars, and killings to end just to save yourself . Hatred and wars and killings are the result of racism and discrimination, things you support, you all support, so who is truly the evil one here? The answer is people like you.
NO NO and NO. What we did is told you reasons it would work. It was debating an idea. I do not hate you, I don't hate many people. I would never hate someone over a difference of opinion. Here's the thing. None of us can prove who is wrong and who is right. We may be right or you may be right, fact of the matter is I doubt we'll ever know. That means we also don't know who is evil. You may be evil or we may be evil. Again we'll most likely never know. You asked what we thought of your idea and we told you.
and all I did was give you a response, at first, I respected your opinions and gave you answers, but as more and more people came into the conversation, telling me that I was stepping on independent thought, that was when this thread took a turn for the worse. If people had fully read what I wrote, we probably would not be having this conversation right now.
and here is where I see the problem emerged. You were under too much pressure as there were many people you had to respond to. You always responded in a very timely manner and given the number of responses and the speed at which you gave them I imagine frustration set in. Additionally not everyone reads the whole thread so people saw what you originally wrote but didn't read where you clarified your viewpoints. As of right now though as it's 3:24am I'm out of this conversation as I need to go to sleep.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
tthor said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Yes,I do see you as inferior.
then you ridicule yourself by saying you don't see people as inferior to yourself. I want to think and believe that we are equals, no one is better and no one is worse.

NeverAiling

Mar 10, 2009
The basic concept of the first starting post, at least I thought, was that racism does not begin with "Those people are different, they suck."

Instead it begins with, "I'm different. I'm better."

Racism begins not as hatred, not as envy, but as pride. In Texas, we call racism "Flying the Flag." as in:

"Wow, dude really loves flying that confederate flag."

"Oh you're not from Texas? It's a law that all dumb people must own and fly confederate flags."

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
You may be able to get rid of discrimination over a long enough period of this kind of homogenisation, and whatever the disadvantages I don't think it would seriously threaten individuality. But it seems an awful lot of trouble to get rid of discrimination when hate and cruelty would still remain.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
I won't say it would be impossible, just very unlikely.

leontyrone said:
5. If all those infants were taught the same morals of law and justice, then there would be no hate, or theft, or murder. (sort of like communism without a government)
I thought communismn was about equal distribution of possesions?

handofpwn said:
The microwave. Chewing gum. Modern computers. Synthetic rubber. Shall I go on?
Check and mate, my friend.
You forgot the internet ;)

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
can you guys please stop arguing, arguing accomplishes nothing but pushing this topic closer to being banned, why don't we just get back to formulating logical points about why this persons idea would or would not work, after all it's only an idea to be discussed, not his plan to rule the world.

Handofpwn

Aug 6, 2008
leontyrone said:
handofpwn said:
leontyrone said:
Rooster Cogburn said:
leontyrone said:
I never said free will or independent thought was wrong, I simply stated that by eliminating separate races by merging and by learning a single language, and following a simple moral code of decency, we could live in a much more peaceful world
We heard you, we heard you. Nevertheless, your vision for the future by it's very nature demands conformity and submission to- to whatever organization you propose to run this thing. How can I be free if my obedience is essential, my culture is demolished and replaced, and my morals are crafted to suit the needs of the state? What choice would I ever be able to make? Today I chose to speak out against my government. Does your society allow me this right? Today I chose to listen to The Doors, even though all my friends listen to- some rap guy. Does your society give me this right? By your own account, no, it doesn't. My submission is absolute and my culture is prescribed.

You never say that free will or independent thought is wrong, but you do propose ending it in favor of the public order. I'll die first.

Ugh, another one.
Your obidence is not required, just follow a moral code of decency.
You are free to choose after that.
Though your culture may be replaced, you are still an individual.
In a better world, there would be no need for any form of government, you would govern your own life as long as it does not hurt others.
Every one is free to be an individual as long as it does not truly impede on the individuality of another.
You act as if it is a surprise that people oppose this idea. The fact that everything people love, danger, excitement, laziness (in themselves) means that you will be almost universally opposed.
Good night, i heard there are some goats under the bridge in the next town over.
by another one I meant someone who claims I say kill free will
I know people oppose my ideas because they are so put into this mind state that without racism free will ceases to exist that they can't see that by ending it, free will continues to exist.
You are an enemy of a better world, a world where nobody hates their neighbor and shows him respect for his existence rather than despise his very being. Yeah, yeah, three billy goats gruff my a$$. Your stone hide refuses to move for the sake of progress.
Personal attacks do not make for good arguements. at this point I respectfully remove myself from the debate. thank you and good day.

Ignignoct

Feb 14, 2009
It's kinda like what my parents told me growing up:

"Honey, you're free to believe whatever you want about the world, as long as it's within the bounds of The Bible."

Right-o.

To the OP: I'll stick with the racism, thanks.

Dele

Oct 25, 2008
leontyrone said:
I've been thinking about this for a long time now and just wanted to see what others thought about it.

Steps towards ending racism and discrimination:
1. erase all nation and international borders and create a single nation.
2. (this would have to be implanted into the infants) - by having erased all nations and creating a single nation, eventually, separate cultures would merge together, forming a single culture, which would lead to an end of culutral discrimination.
3. also by merging all peoples, a singular language would need to be created and accents would disappear, thus an end to language discrimination.
4. Over time, as we continue to procreate, eventually all races would merge into a singular race, thus an end to racism.
5. If all those infants were taught the same morals of law and justice, then there would be no hate, or theft, or murder. (sort of like communism without a government)

With everybody being of one race, one culture, one language, and one nation, nobody would be over another and there would be no need of racism or discrimination (unless of course some persons experienced deformities or disabilities at birth or at any point in their lives).

With that, I'd like to leave you with a message which I titled "A simple but powerful prayer for friends"
Grant me the courage to protect those most precious to me, the ability to carry their sorrows, and the happiness to know that they lived better lives through me.
Techincally this would create to a better world for everyone, yet people dont want such world to exist. Ah the sweet irony.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
That all seems like to much effort. Just keep going as we are now and ignore the people that still don't get it(those people being the ones that are racist). Eventually it'll die out.